EVENT: Lucky Break #2 (Solo Movie Event #3) - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DeathStriker

EVENT: Lucky Break #2 (Solo Movie Event #3) - Discussion Topic

Post#1 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:22 am

Lucky Break #2 (Solo Movie Event #3)

Event Schedule

• 4-part Event runs from 8/16 to 9/13. Replay the event series originally launched in celebration of "Solo: A Star Wars Story"
  • This classic event links a moment in Lando Calrissian's past with the strange and suspicious gambler, Therm Scissorpunch, in the present. Play to see the story, and earn Data Fragments for units such as the newly buffed A-LT \"Turret Slicer\" mercenary.
  • Completed an Event early? Bonus Supply Crates can always be earned an unlimited number of times before it ends.

Event Details

• 8/16 to 8/23
    ⇨ (More Info here courtesy of your Data Miners)

• Empire AT-DT Walker (Unit)
    • Rebel Stolen AT-DT Walker (Unit)
  • 8/23 to 8/30

• HQ 5 and above final reward:

• Empire AT-Hauler (Starship)
      • Rebel Salvaged AT-Hauler (Starship)
    • HQ 4 and below final reward:

• 8/30 to 9/6

• HQ 7 and above final reward:

• Empire/Rebel A-LT \"Turret Slicer\" (Mercenary Unit)
    • HQ 6 and below final reward:

• Empire/Rebel A-LT \"Turret Slicer\" (Unit Samples)
  • 9/6 to 9/13

• HQ 6 and above final reward:

• Empire TIE Brute (Starfighter Eqp)
      • Rebel U-wing Starfighter (Starfighter Eqp)
    • HQ 5 and below final reward:

Balance Update

• AT-DT Walker / Stolen AT-DT Walker - Health has been significantly increased at all levels.

• The AT-DT Walker has some of the highest damage output of any regular unit, but needed a survivability boost to justify the capacity cost.
  • A-LT \"Turret Slicer\" - Health and overload burst area-of-effect damage has been significantly increased at all levels.

• The A-LT \"Turret Slicer\" merc is unique in its ability to flip turrets to the attacker's side and cause a series of explosions that damage surrounding structures and defending units in the defender's base, but the merc doesn't quite give consistent value in combat. The health increase makes this unit less demanding for attackers to protect it as it approaches a turret, while the area-of-effect damage increase makes the unit more helpful in situations where the sliced turret is not within range of any targets.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Spock
Admiral

Re: EVENT: Lucky Break #2 (Solo Movie Event #3) - Discussion Topic

Post#2 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:29 am

Here is the event chart I made for level 10’s
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Leader of the imperial_enclave. Flagship of the enclave brotherhood of squads.
Always looking for active lvl10 commanders. Line app required.

DeathStriker

Post#3 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:37 am

Spock wrote:Here is the event chart I made for level 10’s

Spock... Thanks... smile :D

Chancellor
Commodore

Post#4 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:20 am

I've seen a lot of people talking about wanting to buff their TIE brute/U-wing, and I'm wondering if I'm missing something. Do I have anything wrong here?

If you have a level 10 TIE fighter (base damage 20640) and a level 10 skin (+170%), the base damage is 55728. With the multipliers, that'd be:
* 37895 on default buildings (e.g. squad center) and resource buildings
* 27864 on storage buildings and shields
* 18390 on the HQ
* 47368 on turrets

But I'm already finding with my level 8 TIE fighter and level 3 TIE brute that I can take out a turret or the squad center or any resource building with a single shot.

With the maxed out TIE fighter and TIE brute skin, I'd still need four of them to take out a level 10 shield, so that's 16 UC and 112 minutes cook time, much worse than doing the same with a TIE advanced (10 uc, 42 minutes cook time). The only real upside I see is that I could take out the HQ with three TIE fighters instead of needing five, but...again, at 12 uc cost and 84 minutes cook time, I can't imagine ever doing that. And I certainly can't imagine doing it often enough to justify the grind it'd take to get there.

What am I missing? Why are these frags worth chasing?

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#5 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:35 am

Upgrade the brute skin so you can leave the fighter at level 8 with a 20 minute cook time. That is my plan.

Chancellor
Commodore

Post#6 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:38 am

What can I do with a level 10 brute skin and level 8 TIE fighter that I can't do with a level 3 brute skin and level 8 TIE fighter?

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#7 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:40 am

Take out buffed turrets, possibly. And use fewer to finish a shield.

Chancellor
Commodore

Post#8 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:51 am

Yeah, that's a fair answer.

I personally think it'd be *extremely* rare for that to make a difference for me -- I'm pretty much always going to be better off using a 9-minute-cook T5 to heal whatever is hitting the turret or shield than a 20-minute TIE fighter on a single turret or a little bit of a shield's health. It's certainly not going to happen enough to make me grind for it, but I guess that's a personal thing.

Incidentally, if you're considering it...the schedule that got posted says that if you have everything else maxed, you get 3.5 TIE brute frags per elite crate, which means I'd need 55 elite crates per week to get to level 10. That's a pretty committed grind. :)

DeathStriker

Post#9 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:05 am

EVERYONE: New Unit Info

I have documented the change to the the AT-DT Walker / Stolen AT-DT Walker and A-LT Turret Slicer (P006 Droid) . See the links below...

Keeping Everyone Informed...

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#10 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:13 pm

I have Tie Brute and U-Wing for my both HQ 10, but at level 1. My HQ 8 has it at level 2, but that acc is now only to donate Jets to my first Rebel acc, not playing anymore.

I like to use the Tie Brute/U-Wing for looting. My Level 9 X- Wing (upgrading to 10 right now) with Level 1 skin can almost destroy a max out storage building, and get about +90% of the resources with 1 ship. If the storage buildings are clustered, is possible to hit 2-3 buildings with the same ship, what is great if you only want the loot. But to destroy a high level Safehouse, I need 2 ships. Upgrading X-Wing to 10 and the skin to 2, guess will be enough to hit 100% any Level 10 storage building or a Level 10 squad center with only one shot.

Yes. This equipment isn't good for shields. Then have your A-WIng, destroy the shield, and then hit everything with your U's.

This skin was extremely rare in the Crates in the first event. While I have it unlocked, and only 10 frags to Level 2, maybe is possible get it at Level 3 in the Elite Crate Bonus because most of my Elite Units are maxed out for both bases.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ10 in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ10 / HQ8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

Return to “General Discussions”