NEW FEATURE: Prestige Level - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DeathStriker

Re: NEW FEATURE: Prestige Level - Discussion Topic

Post#571 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:34 am

mkenobi wrote:I really don't know if I should upgrade the Sonics to Prestige or change them to Rocket while they are level 10 and use heat sink for Bursts and Rockets.

Suggestions?.

mkenobi - I have noted a common misconception.

Most don't want to Upgrade 'Sonics" for various reason, mostly due to no increase in Damage (which is good) - BUT - keep in mind that you are not upgrading "Sonic" but in-fact Upgrading the "Turret Platform" upon which a "Turret" is placed.

PUT SIMPLY - Go ahead and Upgrade the Turret regardless of what it is currently configured as - Sonic, Burst, Rocket, etc., because later you will have the option to SWAP to new Turret Type and perhaps you might want to Swap a Prestige Sonic Turret to a Prestige Burst or Prestige Rocket but if you did not Upgrade the Sonic Turret earlier then you would need to do 2 Actions - Swap + Upgrade - instead of only 1 Action - Swap - if you simply just upgrade all "Turret Platforms".

THAT SAID... IT IS TRUE - that the costs in both Time / Alloy are more at Prestige Level so if you want to Swap first than Upgrade to Prestige that is a valid "Upgrade Strategy".

:arrow: Hope you understand better...

Each Commander chooses their own path to Success... choose wisely...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

TKTB51
Major General

Post#572 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:30 am

18 bursts, all P level
4 sonics, 1 P level, 1 in process, 2 queued up next
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#573 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:31 am

DeathStriker wrote:
mkenobi wrote:I really don't know if I should upgrade the Sonics to Prestige or change them to Rocket while they are level 10 and use heat sink for Bursts and Rockets.

Suggestions?.

mkenobi - I have noted a common misconception.

Most don't want to Upgrade 'Sonics" for various reason, mostly due to no increase in Damage (which is good) - BUT - keep in mind that you are not upgrading "Sonic" but in-fact Upgrading the "Turret Platform" upon which a "Turret" is placed.

PUT SIMPLY - Go ahead and Upgrade the Turret regardless of what it is currently configured as - Sonic, Burst, Rocket, etc., because later you will have the option to SWAP to new Turret Type and perhaps you might want to Swap a Prestige Sonic Turret to a Prestige Burst or Prestige Rocket but if you did not Upgrade the Sonic Turret earlier then you would need to do 2 Actions - Swap + Upgrade - instead of only 1 Action - Swap - if you simply just upgrade all "Turret Platforms".

THAT SAID... IT IS TRUE - that the costs in both Time / Alloy are more at Prestige Level so if you want to Swap first than Upgrade to Prestige that is a valid "Upgrade Strategy".

:arrow: Hope you understand better...

Each Commander chooses their own path to Success... choose wisely...

2 days to swap Level 10 turrets. 3 days to swap Prestige turrets. Not a big problem, but the fact you can swap 5 turrets at 10 at the same time, and only one at Level 11. But the "1 action Vs. 2 Actions" argument is pretty valid. Thank you, DS.

I won't change any of my Prestige Bursts again unless they nerf the turrets like they did with Rapids. I'll have 10 Sonics tomorrow, and the Prestige Droid will be available in 3 days for another upgrade.

The natural order of the things is start upgrading all Sonics to Prestige. Even if they don't get any extra damage I believe Sonics at Level 10 are the best turrets against every kind of unit now.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

Josketer
Major General

Post#574 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:10 am

To avoid that kind of problems, I use a turret mix : burst - rockets - sonics. I did this before upgrading them all at a Prestige level. So far I have not needed to have to modify them.
My droid is still busy upgrading my credits markets to Prestige .. :mrgreen:
Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 21--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x
Youtube channel : Josketer
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#575 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:56 am

I am slowly upgrading all of my turrets (only 6 more to go), though if either the MTTs or Wookie Wagons/ITTs start to become more popular, I will regret upgrading them as it would take 2+ months to change all of the bursts over to rockets. It would also take 2+ months to research the Rocket skins... After upgrading your turrets to Prestige you need to commit 2.5 months to change them all to test a new configuration and if it does not work, another 2.5 months to change back. Just think, one game balance tweak, or new unit and we may all have to spend up to 2.5 months to convert all of our turrets! (I still think that turret conversions should happen immediately and that you should be able to convert all of them with one full load of alloy. That way you could actually change your turret config before a HD, since the text in the HD screen suggests that you do so for different HD troop configs.)

DeathStriker

Post#576 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:24 am

MY PRESTIGE STATUS:

I am following my Prestige Level Building Upgrade Order as I posted here. I am continuing my work on #17.

The following happened since last report...

• Prestige Turret (18 of 22) - Sonic - Completed
  • Prestige Turret (19 of 22) - Sonic - Started. **4 More Weeks of Turret Upgrades to go.
We now pause for a word from our Sponsors...

The following Research Lab Actions was worked on since last report...

• Armory Equipment - Forest Jetpack Trooper - Max Level 10 Upgrade Completed
  • Armory Equipment - Enhanced T2-B Repulsor Tank - Level 6 Upgrade Started
Medal Cap Increase

With my completion of Prestige Turret (18 of 22) - Sonic my Medal Cap increased from 165,350 to 165,600.

Will post again when the above are finished...
Last edited by DeathStriker on Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Updated Research Lab Actions.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

TKTB51
Major General

Post#577 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:36 am

18 bursts already completed to P
2 sonics already completed to P, third underway, fourth next

ETA approx 11/18 to be done with those steps

then credit & alloy storage (x2 apiece) and generators (x4 apiece) for additional HP for my base.

then the droid will be taken into the woods and shot. ETA late March 2020.
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

Return to “General Discussions”