NEW FEATURE: Prestige Level - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
sgu97cab
Major General

Re: NEW FEATURE: Prestige Level - Discussion Topic

Post#441 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:00 pm

Given you have to wait a week between each Prestige building upgrade I don't really see the point in upgrading any more than 2 alloy and 2 credit vaults, until after you've done all your shields turrets, IDTs.
Main account: Bacon (level 11)
Second account: nEggs (level 10)
Squad - NewSithEmpire
LINE ID: sgu97cab

DesertPyramid
Admiral

Post#442 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:14 pm

I would consider upgrading the last two Credit Vaults before more turrets. Hero upgrades can be 6M, skipping bases, and restocking the troops can burn through coins pretty quickly. Depends on how much you play.
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10+ Perks: L37
Medals: ~49k Deka/o: 50/45 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a

DeathStriker

Post#443 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:48 am

DeathStriker wrote:I am at that point where I am picking Structures based upon my "style" of Base Upgrade. As such, I always upgrade Resource Vaults / Depots first so as to have access to needed Resources when ready to Upgrade other Structures.

I decided to hold of Upgrading Shields until later (following last Credit Vault and 2 Alloy Depots).

But again, each Commander may choose to upgrade in any order they wish, there is no right or wrong.

Spock wrote:When was the last time anyone was short on needed resources?
It ain’t like the old days. That’s for sure. Lol

sgu97cab wrote:Given you have to wait a week between each Prestige building upgrade I don't really see the point in upgrading any more than 2 alloy and 2 credit vaults, until after you've done all your shields turrets, IDTs.

To both Spock and sgu97cab both valid points! :D

That said, however, I do keep in mind that Shield Upgrades will increase Shield Radius by +1 making them even more easier to destroy. And Turret Upgrades only increase Damage by +10 which is not much for the 8 Day Upgrade. And as for the LAAT Trap, the modest increase in Damage will not improve the effectiveness of this Trap.

Eventually I will get to those...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#444 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:57 pm

Note: In game stats prestige turret damage is only +10 per second, but per papa jessie site the calculated damage per second is approx +5.4% over lvl10 (for all turrets except Sonics which have no increase in damage) combine that with your turret equipment means each turret is giving you an extra ~10% damage over lvl10.
Also, re: shields i'm finding that with more rebel bases having Prestige shields i'm now having to upgrade starport for Prestige tie advanced because even though the range is +1 it is still a pain when they are bunched together, overlapping, with turrets placed such that taking the shields out by ground troops is still tricky, versus a Tie Advanced air strike would be.
Main account: Bacon (level 11)
Second account: nEggs (level 10)
Squad - NewSithEmpire
LINE ID: sgu97cab

DesertPyramid
Admiral

Post#445 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:14 pm

The +10 damage should get multiplied depending on the target and type of turret. The extra hit points seems to be slowing some of the attackers to only give them one or two stars now when it was two or three.

I used to get attacked within 5 minutes of logging out. Now with lots of Prestige structures, I am getting 1 to 5 a day. Might change now the EP event is almost over.

strawman3125
Major General

Post#446 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:05 am

DesertPyramid wrote:The +10 damage should get multiplied depending on the target and type of turret. The extra hit points seems to be slowing some of the attackers to only give them one or two stars now when it was two or three.

I used to get attacked within 5 minutes of logging out. Now with lots of Prestige structures, I am getting 1 to 5 a day. Might change now the EP event is almost over.

Our experiences in this game sounds so different!

From a defence point of view, my Prestige account has only suffered a single 3 star loss since it upgraded it’s final turret to level 10, about 8 months ago, with well over 1000 defences in that time.

As far as attacking goes, I could never get a 3 star attacking a base like mine and I have to hunt for 10-30 minutes to find a player base that has a weak enough base design to attack with a hope of 3 stars.

As far as my experience has been, attacking any player base is almost impossible if they have even a half way decent base. (My base has 15 level 10 bursts with both skins on and 7 level 10 sonics.)

Even my 2 HQ9s regularly get attacked 200 times per conflict/week (mostly by HQ10s) and they only suffer 3 star losses about once a week. SO my experience with them is that defence is so over powerful right now that attacking down a level is downright hard!

I can only imagine the game with all Prestige level turrets! Wow!

Josketer
Commodore

Post#447 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:11 am

That is what I am doing. I have 10 sonic turrets and 12 other turrets of another class.
5 sonic turrets already have prestige level and tomorrow I will have 6 completed turrets, that is, I will have to upgrade the level to 16 turrets at prestige level.- Finishing my 22 turrets at prestige level was my priority goal, when I finished leveling up the rest of my base. The shields, they are not, I have never considered upgrade them to prestige level.
Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 20--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x
Youtube channel : Josketer
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50

DesertPyramid
Admiral

Post#448 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:15 pm

@strawman3125 - Yes, a bit different. I suspect I see the pools I do because I maxed almost everything before things like the armory and EP missions appeared. I might have played differently if I had known events would require things like destroy 2x the turrets of an L9 base, or deploy 65 gamorreans... Having that higher watermark from the beginning to unlock or level up Jets/TX and other items slowed progress for at least another 3 to 6 events.

Before anyone says that sounds like a complaint... it’s not. It’s just a statement of fact. There is nothing stopping people from making a new/small base (other than perhaps a lack of a secondary device), which is what I did. My L6 base did quite well and unlocked both the pilot and the Falcon skins. The events were fun. Haven’t decided how I feel about the max L6 base being paired with L10 and Prestige bases yet with active GR. I skipped them during the grind to unlock the bonus crates... might try them during the conflict.

Then again, maybe not given the L6 got stopped dead by a few SC surprises from other L6-8 bases. Not sure it’s worth the reload time. Not much difference between a loaded SC and a burried set of flashing barracks or factories.

Oh well. It’s still an amusing game to play in free moments and airport terminals... for now.

Good luck to all. May you find some part of the game you enjoy.

DeathStriker

Post#449 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:39 pm

MY PRESTIGE STATUS:

I am following my Prestige Level Building Upgrade Order as I posted here. I decided to skip #16 and move directly to #17.

The following happened since last report...

• Prestige Credit Vault (4 of 4) Completed.
  • Prestige Alloy Depot (3 of 4) Started.
And now for another word from our Sponsors...

The following Research Lab Actions was worked on since last report...

• Forest Jetpack Trooper - Armory Equipment - Level 7 Upgrade Completed.
  • Sullustan Recon Sharpshooter - Armory Equipment - Level 9 Upgrade Started.
Medal Cap Increase

With my completion of Prestige Credit Vault (4 of 4) my Medal Cap increased from 160,550 to 160,600.

Will post again when the above are finished...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

lrspartan
Commander

Post#450 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:45 pm

DS or Josketer,

Are your upgrade schedules based on PvP or War? Just wondering what if any differences your schedule would have.

LRSpartan
XO for sith_squad. Prestige :roll: commander.
Line: LRSpartan
Favorite unit: Togs
Least favorite unit: Pubs :mrgreen:

Return to “General Discussions”