NEW FEATURE: Prestige Level - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Re: NEW FEATURE: Prestige Level - Discussion Topic

Post#41 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:49 pm

ForceMel wrote:
Midge wrote:The amount of butthurt for people who don't want to spend against the people who are willing to spend is absolutely hilarious on here.

Seriously ... how do they figure the game has gone this long?

These are probably the same people who boast about not spending a dime on the game, and wear it like a badge or something. They should just be happy that there are players willing to spend money to make the game easier for them, but no, they need to complain how hard it is to obtain something they want.

Yes. People forget this is a freemium game...

If you want and can put money in a game only to have fast and easy progress, good for you! If you don't want or can't put money in a game because you have bills to pay, good, then play for free for 2 years or more untill have a competitive base.

But don't complain because they have high level Armory items and maxed out Elite units and you don't have anything. You are playing the game for free thanks to them, then shut up and let them destroy your base how many times they want. :D
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation. Currently in "Giveandgettroops" (Level 50 Imperial Squad) and "SevenOfNine2" Level 50 Rebel Squad -- training squads, everyone is welcome!

ForceMel
Major General

Post#42 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:05 pm

mkenobi wrote:
ForceMel wrote:
Midge wrote:The amount of butthurt for people who don't want to spend against the people who are willing to spend is absolutely hilarious on here.

Seriously ... how do they figure the game has gone this long?

These are probably the same people who boast about not spending a dime on the game, and wear it like a badge or something. They should just be happy that there are players willing to spend money to make the game easier for them, but no, they need to complain how hard it is to obtain something they want.

Yes. People forget this is a freemium game...

If you want and can put money in a game only to have fast and easy progress, good for you! If you don't want or can't put money in a game because you have bills to pay, good, then play for free for 2 years or more untill have a competitive base.

But don't complain because they have high level Armory items and maxed out Elite units and you don't have anything. You are playing the game for free thanks to them, then shut up and let them destroy your base how many times they want. :D

You want to know what's funny? On the Windows servers, we had an Empire guy that was the top player for a long time. Everybody knew he was dumping tons of money into the game, and buying the next level. A lot of rebs complained about him because he would roll their base constantly. I always told them I would freely offer my base up to him so he would continue to spend money. Sure it didn't feel good that my base was rolled, but he was helping keep the game alive, so I had no problem with it.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#43 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:55 pm

ForceMel wrote:You want to know what's funny? On the Windows servers, we had an Empire guy that was the top player for a long time. Everybody knew he was dumping tons of money into the game, and buying the next level. A lot of rebs complained about him because he would roll their base constantly. I always told them I would freely offer my base up to him so he would continue to spend money. Sure it didn't feel good that my base was rolled, but he was helping keep the game alive, so I had no problem with it.

As a former Windows player, you should remember how hard it was to get a good loot on SWC Windows, it was extremely difficult to get a good loot due to CNFOs, crashes and mismatches, or to keep resources when we were attacked 5min after disconnect.

I remember attacking Rebel bases of top 50 players in the pre-Armory era with Level 50 droidekas and all Sonics Level 10, and kept thinking about how they managed to upgrade a level 50 droideka and I could not loot enough CB to upgrade my Sentinel above level 20...

The only doubt I have with these changes is with the Prestige Droid. I see no advantage in buying it if this Droide is to upgrade the Prestige buildings only. We do not know how long it takes to upgrade a single building to the Prestige level with or without the Prestige Droide, but after all Prestige buildings are maxed out, will this Droid useful only to collect resources?

Any one who paid for the 4rd and 5th Worker Droid know that. Possibly another piece of junk stranded in a corner of our base? At least normal droids repair dekas and clean the trash, that is, they remain useful after the base is maxed out. Anyway, we're speculating, let's wait and see.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation. Currently in "Giveandgettroops" (Level 50 Imperial Squad) and "SevenOfNine2" Level 50 Rebel Squad -- training squads, everyone is welcome!

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#44 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:14 pm

There was a guy in my windows squad who spent ~$200/month on xtals. He crystalled air, and requested a ton, but also donated lightning fast. He would be on for an hour in a conflict, and would stop when he reached #1 in the standings (didn't work so well on erkit when you found one target per hour, lol). And I'm sure there were/are plenty who spent/spend more.

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#45 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:41 am

Hi all, my first post in nearly 2 months… still semi-retired (though trying to get the ITT unlocked) and it is fine.

This new Prestige level might reactivate me if it is really good...

So beware what you wish for... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Cheers and greetings from tropical Holland

Darth Bratzzz
Proud Officer of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many experienced and motivated longtime high-level players; regular/against OP/NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken. Worldwide brotherhood of rebel scourges :twisted:

Richaldo
Grand Admiral

Post#46 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:57 am

I've no issue whatsoever with people spending money on a game, or indeed not!!!

But... can I clarify... this 'prestige level'... can only be unlocked by crystals? If so that makes this a significant change to the current landscape... there is no way for grinding for crystals other than opening crates...

A year ago I would have welcomed this with open arms, the chance to build again... to upgrade using resources stolen from my opponents... now i'm fully maxed, hit the medal cap... do I really want to get stuck into another bout of upgrades...?

I imagine a lot of players will be thinking the same as me... (perhaps not lol!!!) ... but big BIG decisions will be made when this drops methinks...
Richaldo. Level 27 Prestige 166,300 medals.
Leader of SITh, Level 50 - Killing rebels since 2014!

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#47 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:04 am

Richaldo wrote:A year ago I would have welcomed this with open arms, the chance to build again... to upgrade using resources stolen from my opponents... now i'm fully maxed, hit the medal cap... do I really want to get stuck into another bout of upgrades...?

I imagine a lot of players will be thinking the same as me... (perhaps not lol!!!) ... but big BIG decisions will be made when this drops methinks...

I agree with you. I reached HQ 10 with both factions and I was hoping finish with these bases as soon as possible, and after max out all buildings and troops, then only train players, help squads, and play with my low level accounts...

And now this... I am in the middle of my upgrades to Level 10 troops and buildings, and now I know I will have more things to upgrade soon... And at what costs? Crystals or a long long time if you don't buy a new Droide?

If is to make money, Disney should release Level 11 instead of this Prestige Level, and make things fair to everyone. And if this Prestige Level makes all units OP like Armory does and buildings indestructible, only a little number of players will have access to this benefit.

They have to compensate the effort and give an extra advantage to old players that maxed out their bases and keep them interested in the game, but I see more mismatches and unbalance coming soon.
SWC Windows survivor.

Richaldo
Grand Admiral

Post#48 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:24 am

mkenobi wrote:
Richaldo wrote:A year ago I would have welcomed this with open arms, the chance to build again... to upgrade using resources stolen from my opponents... now i'm fully maxed, hit the medal cap... do I really want to get stuck into another bout of upgrades...?

I agree with you. I reached HQ 10 with both factions and I was hoping finish with these bases as soon as possible, and after max out all buildings and troops, then only train players, help squads, and play with my low level accounts...

And now this... I am in the middle of my upgrades to Level 10 troops and buildings, and now I know I will have more things to upgrade soon... And at what costs? Crystals or a long long time if you don't buy a new Droide?

If is to make money, Disney should release Level 11 instead of this Prestige Level, and make things fair to everyone. And if this Prestige Level makes all units OP like Armory does and buildings indestructible, only a little number of players will have access to this benefit.

They have to compensate the effort and give an extra advantage to old players that maxed out their bases and keep them interested in the game, but I see more mismatches and unbalance coming soon.

Agree 100%. You want to make level 11, fine... make it available to all... (my bet is a 4-5000 crystal purchase)

Incidentally probably the biggest game in the world right now is Fortnite... they make plenty of money, but by making a balanced game............ any game which sways the power of an individual based on how much he's paid, and not how much they have gamed... fundamentally is wrong, and to be honest... a bit shit. . .

Ah well... game on! haha

Edit: Re-read your post. That's exactly what i'm doing now!!!! Finished my base, hit the medal cap... now i'm working on my level 8 base and just donating, playing wars etc............. no plans were made for a level 11!!!! :)
Richaldo. Level 27 Prestige 166,300 medals.
Leader of SITh, Level 50 - Killing rebels since 2014!

Spock
Grand Admiral

Post#49 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:36 am

I can see the new prestige droid requiring crystals to purchase it (just like the other droids) but I don’t see the entire prestige structure requiring them. The upgrades will probably be able to be sped up with crystals as will the troop research. That’s where Disney will cash in.
Those who want to play for free will still be able to reach prestige in good time. Providing they purchase the new droid (if purchase is indeed required) and they meet whatever other prerequisite’s are required.

It’s simply way too early and we don’t know enough yet. We can of course speculate but just remember, none of it is factual at this time.
The info DS shared is literally all that’s know for now. Many changes could happen before the release.

Leader of the Imperial_Enclave.

Check out our YouTube channel with Almost 1,500 no outpost replays being shared. Quite possibly the largest collection of commander replays out there.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCW4iVRbrSDJHTBZobNNy7LA

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#50 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:58 am

Maybe you need frags to unlock the prestige droid, and you'll need to use the research center to upgrade it. That would be amazing.

Return to “General Discussions”