NEW FEATURE: Prestige Level - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DeathStriker

Re: NEW FEATURE: Prestige Level - Discussion Topic

Post#391 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:55 pm

MY PRESTIGE STATUS:

I am following my Prestige Level Building Upgrade Order as I posted here. I am now on #11 (formerly #9).

The following happened since last report...

• Prestige Factory (2 of 3) Completed.
  • Prestige Hero Command Started.
  • Prestige Barracks (3 of 4) planned Next.
WE NOW PAUSE FOR A WORD FROM OUR SPONSORS...

The following Research Lab Back-Log was worked on since last report...

• Desert Soldier - Level 9 Upgrade Completed.
  • Level 6 Sharpshooter Guard Reserve Started / Completed.
  • Heavy Desert Soldier - Level 8 Upgrade Started.
  • Prestige Leia or Prestige Luke Upgrade Next as I get back on track for Prestige Upgrades.
Will post again when the above are finished...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#392 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:53 am

I just started Hero Command Prestige upgrading for my Imperial Prestige. I upgraded so far for this acc:

HQ, Research Lab, SC, 3 Barracks, 2 Factories, 3 Transports, and Armory. After the Hero Comm, I will start the 2 vaults upgrading for Prestige Starship Command, and then the Depots for Prestige Shields. As it already was said, don't know if Prestige Shields can be a benefit or a problem, if that extra 1 range make easy reach the shields, and force a change in my current layout.

My Rebel Prestige still is upgrading Armory (4d to complete) and locked on defense. Next step also is the Prestige Hero Command.

Keep using my 5 droids to upgrade both dekas, the Safehouse and turrets to level 10 while both bases aren't maxed out yet. I stopped upgrading Units to Prestige after Jets-Jumps/Tanks, and I'm upgrading my Armory units now, like Jets to 7, jumps to 8, and Sullustan to 5, and also walls and heat sink for Bursts and Rockets for better in Heroic Defenses.
A Windows survivor training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial Prestige in "BombSquad18" (training squad)
Rebel Prestige in "Solo's_Band" (war squad) / Rebel HQ 8 in "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

Fisherman
Captain

Post#393 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:51 pm

I’m not a Prestige, and not sure if this topic covered anything like this... but... with Prestige bases all over the place, should we expect the outposts in Squad Wars to have a level ‘10’ instead of of capping at ‘9’? Not advocating for it, but it would change the dynamic a little for squads that have multiple level of participants....

lukeskywalker
Commodore

Post#394 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:28 pm

Fisherman wrote:I’m not a Prestige, and not sure if this topic covered anything like this... but... with Prestige bases all over the place, should we expect the outposts in Squad Wars to have a level ‘10’ instead of of capping at ‘9’? Not advocating for it, but it would change the dynamic a little for squads that have multiple level of participants....

I hope not. Agree with you that it would change the dynamic for mixed level participants and not in a good way. With Takodana or Tatooine as outposts, a squad with 4 to 5 Prestige players and the rest between level 7-9 can currently compete with an all Prestige level squad. I'm not sure that continues if you move the outposts up a level. Outposts are there to level the playing field, I suspect due to the limitations of the matchmaking system. Increasing outposts to level 10 only helps the squads loaded with Prestige players. I believe devs understand that.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Fisherman
Captain

Post#395 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:45 pm

lukeskywalker wrote:...
With Takodana or Tatooine as outposts, a squad with 4 to 5 Prestige players and the rest between level 7-9 can currently compete with an all Prestige level squad.
Increasing outposts to level 10 only helps the squads loaded with Prestige players. I believe devs understand that.

That would be our concern. We can field a squad of only Prestige, 10s, and a few 9s but prefer to limit the Prestige and 10s to allow our 5s through 8s regular squad war experience. They can be great at outpost puppy-guarding late in a match, but it would change that ‘math’ just a bit (picking your lower levels to get all the possible outposts covered is hard enough with Real Life cropping up). I would hate to see some of our lower levels left out (yes a low level sitting on a green planet with green planet buffs and an SC full of the right troops (jets/jumps on Tako for example) can take a level 9 outpost back)...
Anyways, never seen it mentioned elsewhere and hoping you are right the devs thought it through. We work hard at keeping the lower/newer players engaged because progression from level 4 to 8 is hard with the way PvP seems to work now...

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#396 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:43 pm

Fisherman wrote:
lukeskywalker wrote:...
With Takodana or Tatooine as outposts, a squad with 4 to 5 Prestige players and the rest between level 7-9 can currently compete with an all Prestige level squad.
Increasing outposts to level 10 only helps the squads loaded with Prestige players. I believe devs understand that.

That would be our concern. We can field a squad of only Prestige, 10s, and a few 9s but prefer to limit the Prestige and 10s to allow our 5s through 8s regular squad war experience. They can be great at outpost puppy-guarding late in a match, but it would change that ‘math’ just a bit (picking your lower levels to get all the possible outposts covered is hard enough with Real Life cropping up). I would hate to see some of our lower levels left out (yes a low level sitting on a green planet with green planet buffs and an SC full of the right troops (jets/jumps on Tako for example) can take a level 9 outpost back)...
Anyways, never seen it mentioned elsewhere and hoping you are right the devs thought it through. We work hard at keeping the lower/newer players engaged because progression from level 4 to 8 is hard with the way PvP seems to work now...

I do not believe they will increase the level of the OPs to 10, because in practice the OPs are already level 10 at their max, which would mean increasing all OPs to Prestige. Just as they did not raise the troop level in HDs from 10 to Prestige.

Raising the level of the OPs can ruin the participation in wars for squads that are not fully Prestige and reduce the utility of level 5 and 8 players because as they are, it is not much difficult for any skillful at level 7 and 8 with good Armory and extras high levels troops in SC capture any OP at level 9.
A Windows survivor training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial Prestige in "BombSquad18" (training squad)
Rebel Prestige in "Solo's_Band" (war squad) / Rebel HQ 8 in "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#397 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:49 pm

mkenobi wrote:I do not believe they will increase the level of the OPs to 10, because in practice the OPs are already level 10 at their max, which would mean increasing all OPs to Prestige. Just as they did not raise the troop level in HDs from 10 to Prestige.

This. The outposts already go to 10. At max level there are 20 turrets that are clearly level 10.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#398 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:16 pm

Prestige level Dando would be a sonofabitch, especially with a level X Krayt dragon trap.

Josketer
Commodore

Post#399 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:11 pm

My Prestige status

Prestige level Buildings
HQ
All walls
All 3 Unit Transport
Squad Center
Research Lab
2 Barracks
2 Factories
Starship Command
2 Credit vault
1 Alloy depot

Upgrading Hero Command in progress ...

Next to upgrade : Armory ? I don't know... :roll:
Prestige level Troops
Jumpers
Snipers
MHC
2-M Hover tank ( TX-225)
Heavy stormtrooper
Speeder Bike

Upgrading Darth Vader in progress... :twisted:

Next to upgrade : Stormtrooper
Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 19--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x
Youtube channel : Josketer
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50

CoolGuy
Major General

Post#400 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:40 pm

mkenobi wrote:HQ, Research Lab, SC, 3 Barracks, 2 Factories, 3 Transports, and Armory. After the Hero Comm, I will start the 2 vaults upgrading for Prestige Starship Command, and then the Depots for Prestige Shields. As it already was said, don't know if Prestige Shields can be a benefit or a problem, if that extra 1 range make easy reach the shields, and force a change in my current layout.

Following exactly the same path - except no I won't be upgrading shields for precisely the reason you have mentioned.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

Return to “General Discussions”