NEW FEATURE: Prestige Level - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Schruaf
Major General

Re: NEW FEATURE: Prestige Level - Discussion Topic

Post#371 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:44 am

Boog wrote:You can upgrade the structures without getting screwed on the xtal cost as long as you don' upgrade the units.

Yes

Josketer
Commodore

Post#372 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:50 am

I don't understand why some want to spend crystals in the manufacture of troops. Just to save a few minutes of waiting ? It's really ridiculous,it got not sense.-
Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 19--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x
Youtube channel : Josketer
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#373 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:43 pm

I like using air in wars without waiting 3 hours between attacks. So my starship command will not be getting upgraded, which saves me upgrading the credit vaults as well.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

lukeskywalker
Commodore

Post#374 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:04 pm

Agree with Shelendil. I think wars drive the crystal troop decision. It especially helps mid-level squads compete with stacked 15 Prestige squads. It's the easiest way to wins or 45-45 ties with those types of squads. The stacked squads win the war of attrition, so the squads with just 1-6 Prestige players, need maximum results from the Prestige players and quick response to the outpost attacks from the level 7-9 members. I will leave one barracks, one factory, and the starship command at level 10 because of that.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

StrikerRebel
Commodore

Post#375 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:42 pm

Josketer wrote:I don't understand why some want to spend crystals in the manufacture of troops. Just to save a few minutes of waiting ? It's really ridiculous,it got not sense.-

...its very easy to explain Josketer, as a Top 20 ranked rebel player you will get high imp bases and I dont play by mobil phone, so the time next to family, work and friends is very short, I dont wanne wait as long as I need by normal cooking time 2,5 hours for full air, and I like to beat every base by 100% ;) So to not waste time by cooking troops I rush that time with crystals, its fun for me to spend a little money in that game, by the way, bc of players like me, the game survive :lol: Bc of that fact I only have 3 barracks and 2 factorys build as prestige and now I only wanne know if it makes sense to upgrade starship and hero command, for me it only make sense at the final, if this will be the last structures that has to be upgraded, to get the final medal cap and all troops, equipement and structures are maxxed.... much work to do MTFBWY....
Leader of ActiveDonatorYMW (former TOP 50 Windows-Squad ActiveDonator)
We are on the way to get back in the Top50 and searching for fearless rebels fighting with us against the Empire.
Perks maxxed out at 50 and ranked in the Top200 now....

CoolGuy
Major General

Post#376 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:08 am

Upgrades to Hero Command and Starship Command are great as then all your inventory samples become Prestige.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#377 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:28 am

CoolGuy wrote:Upgrades to Hero Command and Starship Command are great as then all your inventory samples become Prestige.

This. The only reason I see to upgrade those buildings. But as the number of starship samples and the probably of getting them in the crates are too small, I save all samples I have only to use in war attacks.

I'm upgrading Armory to Prestige in my Rebel base, and still have one week locked on defense only doing HDs. After this, I have the 2nd Factory to upgrade to Prestige, and then I will think if I do the upgrade for Hero Command, or start the vaults upgrades for Starship Command...

My Imperial Prestige already upgraded the Armory and now it's finishing 2nd Factory to Prestige. I have 5d to think if I'll upgrade the Hero Command or the vaults for the Starship Command...
A Windows survivor training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial Prestige in "BombSquad18" (training squad)
Rebel Prestige in "Solo's_Band" (war squad) / Rebel HQ 8 in "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

Dolphin75
Commodore

Post#378 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:58 am

I upgraded Hero Command on both of my Rebel bases. It works for the samples, of course, but I really did it to take advantage of my Prestige spider on my senior base, and my Prestige Luke on the second base. Seems to have been a good choice.

lukeskywalker
Commodore

Post#379 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:26 am

Can anyone confirm that starship command upgrades will not impact crystal cost? If that's the case, then I might consider upgrading it. It's still low on my priority list though.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

DesertPyramid
Major General

Post#380 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:39 am

I expect you need to do both the upgrade to the hero or starship command AND do the research for the units to make new cooked units have the higher cost (including crystal cost increase). If you don’t do the unit research, only the inventory units will be upgraded and new unit costs/crystals will be unaffected by the structure upgrades... but if you do both the costs go up.
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10+ Perks: L37
Medals: ~46k Deka/o: 44/36 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a

Return to “General Discussions”