NEW FEATURE: Prestige Level - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
luke50

Re: NEW FEATURE: Prestige Level - Discussion Topic

Post#341 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:35 pm

The rancor uses the normal droid and not the prestige droid, so I already have my Rancor at level 10. Gotta say, it's still pretty lame. I did not expect much, since the rancor's have always had very little value before, so I was not expecting much. My droids are idle anyway, so I only had the rancor and my Sentinel left to upgrade and the Sentinel should be at level 50 by year-end.

I am going contrarian on my prestige upgrades, after the initial upgrades. I did the research center, one barracks, and one factory like most people did. After that, I jumped to my turrets and did one more barracks. So far 3 turrets done and working on the 4th now. I held off on the transports with the thought that everyone will work on those early, meaning more troops to defend. The counter to that would be higher grade turrets. The big concern was how this impacted matchmaking.

At the end of the day, I have more control over attacks, so I was less concerned with getting help there. That meant prioritizing defense. The proliferation of dev bases also factored in to the decision.

LS

TNT
Major General

Post#342 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:57 am

Shelendil wrote:It's useful to drop on IDT troops. Bam, one shot, all gone. And you can drop it in the midst of buildings, so it can be used to pull the SC or bait hard to reach sonics.

Nice, I hadn't tried that yet on a live base to trigger SC. I did notice that the Rancor drop counts as an airstrike and thus can be dropped everywhere and on everything. I haven't tried it through shields yet.
Just for laughs I usually drop it on an abandoned deko/deka pad making it seem like a landing zone. :)
Join the OuterRimRioters.
Drama free, laid back, regular wars and multiple time zones coverage.
No Line or Discord required. (though the latter is available if you want to)

Also available in a trial version.

Toydarian
Commodore

Post#343 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:12 pm

Richaldo wrote:A level 1 Rancor is like a dewback's turd... possibly the most useless thing to arrive since the LIN... in fact shame on them for wasting such a good opportunity for something actually good to come out in 2018...

But hey ho... looks cool.

.....especially the Hunter one, that (excuse my rudeness DS) farts flames? Seen that? Real funny! Was a hilarious exchange on Line, debating whether a barbie (flame chic) was needed to provoke ignition.... :lol:
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 50)
Podracer repairs by appointment only

DeathStriker

Post#344 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:13 pm

NOTICE: Prestige Medics Splash Heal Has Been Fixed

According to Hotfix 2003 Prestige Rebel Medic Splash has been fixed.

HERE IS PROOF:

SWC Bug Fix/Unit Test: Prestige Medic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d449_JNUIuw&feature=youtu.be

Thanks to Tye Peer :D

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

GotYa
Commander

Post#345 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:17 pm

dont agree with rancor …. it would just kill the game even more just like the sniper GR .. or just all armory .. get rid of it so game is more playable and tactical again … Not gonna happen because of imp wally players will refuse even though it would be the best for the game !
GotYa member of Rebel Squad GummyBears Join us today!

ChiptheFish
Major General

Post#346 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:11 pm

DeathStriker wrote:MY PRESTIGE STATUS:

I am following my Prestige Level Building Upgrade Order as I posted here and currently on #7.

The following happened yesterday (or since last report)...

• Prestige Level Troop Transport (2 of 3) Finished.
  • SBT Level 10 Upgrade Finished. **Enjoying my 1 Hour Recapture Times! :D
  • Prestige Level Troop Transport (3 of 3) Started.
  • Prestige Level Hailfire Droid Upgrade Started.
Will post again when the above are finished...

Thanks for sharing. Here's my progres. Happy about the 2nd barracks:

BUILDINGS
Research Center, done
Barracks (1 and 2), done
Factory (1st), done
Troop transports (all 3, done)
Barracks (3rd), under construction
Barracks (4th), next.

* Walls, 100% done
* Cantina, L10 (max)
* Strix Beacon, L10 (max)

UNITS
Jets, Prestige
Sharpshooters, Prestige
Bikes, Prestige
Skiffs, Prestige
Hailfire Droids, Prestige
Heavy Soldiers, Researching, just started
Tanks, next
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ Prestige, Medals: 28K, Battle Rank: 14(Android)
FriskyEwoks: Level 50 Squad - Join us!

Dolphin75
Commodore

Post#347 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:40 pm

I’ve pretty much mirrored DS’s order, except I did the 3 transports first (had plenty to keep research center busy before starting Prestige upgrades). Tomorrow I start either the Hero Command or the Armory. I’m leaning toward the hero command, but thought I’d check with the group. Any strong arguments either way?

Chaotic999
Captain

Post#348 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:03 pm

GotYa wrote:dont agree with rancor …. it would just kill the game even more just like the sniper GR .. or just all armory .. get rid of it so game is more playable and tactical again … Not gonna happen because of imp wally players will refuse even though it would be the best for the game !

So only imp wally players would refuse rancor and guard reserve removal?
1. rancor is a waste of space and will make zero difference to any base in attack or defense.
2. reb wally players also have GR (even snips now yippee)
3. Most rebs would cry inconsolably if GR was removed, (especially now that they have there new magic toy)
4. Nice to see you Gotya I remember you from windows in that daft squad NSWREBELS I hear the leader was an idiot but I don't listen to rumours.
5. Gummybears is a shit name for a squad.
6. :-)
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ Disney owe me 78727 medals
#Medalgate victim support helpline 999-999-999-mouse

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#349 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:00 am

Chaotic999 wrote:
GotYa wrote:dont agree with rancor …. it would just kill the game even more just like the sniper GR .. or just all armory .. get rid of it so game is more playable and tactical again … Not gonna happen because of imp wally players will refuse even though it would be the best for the game !

So only imp wally players would refuse rancor and guard reserve removal?
1. rancor is a waste of space and will make zero difference to any base in attack or defense.
2. reb wally players also have GR (even snips now yippee)
3. Most rebs would cry inconsolably if GR was removed, (especially now that they have there new magic toy)
4. Nice to see you Gotya I remember you from windows in that daft squad NSWREBELS I hear the leader was an idiot but I don't listen to rumours.
5. Gummybears is a shit name for a squad.
6. :-)

LOL
Nice to see you are still here, Gotya. I used to attack your maxed out Rebel base with my poor Imperial base since I was HQ7 due to bad Windows matchmaking system... Only when I got HQ 10 I was able to take out at least 1 star from you.

I would like to see many old Rebel with their Windows crystal compensation that spent all their crystals in crates to upgrade their Armory if they would like your suggestion of removing Armory (what include the awesome up +2 level buffed Jets) and also the newly-added Sullustan GR? And what think all Wallet Rebel Warriors like Carnage that makes all Dev smile since SWC was released? And all players that play hard for conflicts, events, HDs, Objectives to upgrade their Armory to high/max levels?

I think Prestige made more players spend more crystals in 2 months than in 4 years, if they are playing for so long. Ask if they would like Prestige to be removed now -- with no compensation... Devs:

- We made a mistake. Let's remove Prestige right now.
- And how we are going to compensate all players that paid in money and crystals?
- No compensation. Do it now.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige / HQ 6 in "BombSquad18" (Level 50 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 / HQ 6 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

DeathStriker

Post#350 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:46 am

Dolphin75 wrote:Tomorrow I start either the Hero Command or the Armory. I’m leaning toward the hero command, but thought I’d check with the group. Any strong arguments either way?

Dolphin75 - With the Hero Command Upgrade you can go to any Planet and use Hero HQ Samples while the HC is being Upgraded.

ON THE OTHER HAND... With the Armory you will need to decide what Planets are important to you and activate the appropriate Planet Specific Offensive / Defensive Equipment prior to starting Upgrade. **Once Armory Upgrade is Started you can not go to any Planet that is not "set" in your Armory or you may lose Unit Buff Equipment (i.e. Set Forest Equipment and limit yourself to Green Planets, Desert Equipment and limit yourself to Sand Planets, and OMG Arctic Equipment and be a prisoner of Hoth until Armory Upgrade is done).

Choose your Upgrade Path wisely... ;)

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Return to “General Discussions”