NEW FEATURE: Prestige Level - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DeathStriker

Re: NEW FEATURE: Prestige Level - Discussion Topic

Post#331 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:19 pm

MY PRESTIGE STATUS:

I am following my Prestige Level Building Upgrade Order as I posted here and currently on #7.

The following happened yesterday (or since last report)...

• Prestige Level Troop Transport (2 of 3) Finished.
  • SBT Level 10 Upgrade Finished. **Enjoying my 1 Hour Recapture Times! :D
  • Prestige Level Troop Transport (3 of 3) Started.
  • Prestige Level Hailfire Droid Upgrade Started.
Will post again when the above are finished...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

TNT
Major General

Post#332 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:20 am

DeathStriker wrote:MY PRESTIGE STATUS:

Are you finding the Rancor any good? I have two and a halve hours of catching time, but the rancor is just so bad it's a really low prio for me.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Reduced Quote for Brevity
Join the OuterRimRioters.
Drama free, laid back, regular wars and multiple time zones coverage.
No Line or Discord required. (though the latter is available if you want to)

Also available in a trial version.

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#333 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:54 am

TNT wrote:

Are you finding the Rancor any good? I have two and a halve hours of catching time, but the rancor is just so bad it's a really low prio for me.

A level 1 Rancor is like a dewback's turd... possibly the most useless thing to arrive since the LIN... in fact shame on them for wasting such a good opportunity for something actually good to come out in 2018...

But hey ho... looks cool.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Reduced Quote for Brevity

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#334 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:12 am

Richaldo wrote:

A level 1 Rancor is like a dewback's turd... possibly the most useless thing to arrive since the LIN... in fact shame on them for wasting such a good opportunity for something actually good to come out in 2018...

nonono my friend,
Overnight some high-brow high-powered but tactically moronic attacker, after wasting his complete airfleet of medships, to keep his jetswarm alive, getting to 49%, dropped his Strix Rancor on my Troop Transport which was already damaged; it chipped off a few flakes of paint from said transporter before succumbing to my GR troops and he topped it off by deploying his deka against it thereby eking out a 50% victory... awesome performance, :lol:

That being said, that is exactly what the beast is good for -at l1 where most have it-; for killing that defenceless building in a far corner or for luring troops away.
My Strix will reach 10 later this week and I look forward to its tactical possibilities...
Last edited by DeathStriker on Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Edited Quote To Prevent Confusion
Proud Officer of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many experienced and motivated longtime high-level players; regular/against OP/NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken. Worldwide brotherhood of rebel scourges :twisted:

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#335 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:44 am

DarthBratzzznew wrote:
Richaldo wrote:A level 1 Rancor is like a dewback's turd... possibly the most useless thing to arrive since the LIN... in fact shame on them for wasting such a good opportunity for something actually good to come out in 2018...

nonono my friend,
Overnight some high-brow high-powered but tactically moronic attacker, after wasting his complete airfleet of medships, to keep his jetswarm alive, getting to 49%, dropped his Strix Rancor on my Troop Transport which was already damaged; it chipped off a few flakes of paint from said transporter before succumbing to my GR troops and he topped it off by deploying his deka against it thereby eking out a 50% victory... awesome performance, :lol:

That being said, that is exactly what the beast is good for -at l1 where most have it-; for killing that defenceless building in a far corner or for luring troops away.
My Strix will reach 10 later this week and I look forward to its tactical possibilities...

Hmm... I always leave a troop or two back for just that thing... but yeah get your point. It's actually quite comical how long it takes to take down one building hahahah

I've considered using it as a drop ship... but tbh I'm a kubaz / Vader guy... I don't have the patience for that !

Don't get me wrong... i'm really glad they are trying new stuff, but quite frankly the way it's been implemented is appalling... a level 1 Rancor is fucking shit. Period.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!!

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#336 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:28 am

It's useful to drop on IDT troops. Bam, one shot, all gone. And you can drop it in the midst of buildings, so it can be used to pull the SC or bait hard to reach sonics.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

DeathStriker

Post#337 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:18 am

My main reasons for concentrating on Upgrading the SBT to Max Level 10 (currently) are these:

1. Quickest Recapture Time.
  2. As posted, one more additional Unit / Tool I can use in my PvP / War Attacks if desired and if used then (see #1).
  3. Eventually we will see an "event" to unlock more Rancor Creatures and upgrade them also and to make them useful (see #1).
It also gave my Base Repair Droids something to do, getting harder every day with less and less Non-Prestige Upgrades to be accomplished.

Continuing the Conversation...

DeathStriker

Post#338 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:03 am

NOTICE: Highest Conflict Medals / Gears Seen (So Far)

I ran into this Base while Scouting on Tatooine.

Maxed Prestige Base - Empire - Tatooine
(Click here to view LARGER image)

:!: INFO: Conflict Medals / Gears awarded are based upon Matchmaking Algorithm and the same Base seen by 2 different Players may show different VALUES for Conflict Medals / Gears.

My HQ 11/Prestige Account sees a lot of other Prestige Bases in the range of 1005 to 1065 Gears but the 1110 Gears shown in the Screenshot was the highest I have seen so far.

:?: Could this be the Max or has anyone see something higher?

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#339 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:20 am

DeathStriker wrote: :?: Could this be the Max or has anyone see something higher?

Niloc might give more. Depends if base score or medals are more important in determining conflict medals awarded. DarthTyranus is very close to the base score cap, but doesn't have as many medals as Niloc. Niloc is on Tako if you want to go check. ;)
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

strawman3125
Commodore

Post#340 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:24 pm

The rancor is pretty useless! They really need to provide a LOT more opportunity to upgrade the levels of the rancors and it would have been nice if they let you use the samples in your inventory, that way it would be more useful while you upgrade them.

Return to “General Discussions”