NEW FEATURE: Prestige Level - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Tamarack
Commodore

Re: NEW FEATURE: Prestige Level - Discussion Topic

Post#31 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:55 pm

Just when I was approaching the end of most of my research goals... Money and alloy was totally usless to me.

The thing that I find a bit frustrating is I was playing with the 15 crystal's for a frag game. I've spent a bunch. :/ Now I need to keep saving my crystal's again as I don't like spending real money on the game. :>

Another goal to strive for I guess.

I'd be interested in what the Presige units are. Perhaps they are skins of things like the new ATST skin? Or unlock a watered down version of something like the Elite ATAT.

Tamarack
Leader of Sleepoverclub because all of the other people left and I was given the default leadership!

Support me in the 2018 Extra-Life Marathon #FTK #extralife @extralife4kids

TNT
Admiral

Post#32 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:26 pm

You know what would be great. If you can only skin the gr reserve if you have prestige buildings
Join the OuterRimRioters.
We have spare rooms. :) Also available in trial version. We have a 100% optional discord and war regularly.

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#33 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:21 pm

LosVega wrote:Hmmmm, prestige level huh? :roll:

What drives revenue for this game? Disney most likely wants to keep it going so you need:
1. An incentive for current maxed players
2. A "carrot" to encourage lower level players to stay longer and possibly draw back in former players
3. The cost of access to prestige level must be reasonably within reach but the time needed to complete must be a combination of long and somewhat expensive so that you keep the players interested but you can get the revenue from the wallet warriors.

I don't know if Disney learned anything when it rolled out level 10 but I remember it didn't take long to find maxed bases shortly afterwards. If players respond to prestige level by simply paying to get it all at once, how does that work for short and long term gains if any? Considering where we are with player population, prestige players will be attacking down mostly. A prestige player filled squad in squad wars gets to fight who? I'm not against the new level but I don't see how this helps the game. If I'm a current player struggling to attack, why do I choose to stay?

One way to defeat the wallet warriors would be to make it like an event to unlock the Prestige - except make it very hard with a longer time limit. First you have to complete the event and then spend whatever crystals to buy the Prestige droid.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

LosVega
Admiral

Post#34 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:58 pm

CoolGuy wrote:

What drives revenue for this game? Disney most likely wants to keep it going so you need:
2. A "carrot" to encourage lower level players to stay longer and possibly draw back in former players
3. The cost of access to prestige level must be reasonably within reach but the time needed to complete must be a combination of long and somewhat expensive so that you keep the players interested but you can get the revenue from the wallet warriors.

I don't know if Disney learned anything when it rolled out level 10 but I remember it didn't take long to find maxed bases shortly afterwards. If players respond to prestige level by simply paying to get it all at once, how does that work for short and long term gains if any? Considering where we are with player population, prestige players will be attacking down mostly. A prestige player filled squad in squad wars gets to fight who? I'm not against the new level but I don't see how this helps the game. If I'm a current player struggling to attack, why do I choose to stay?

One way to defeat the wallet warriors would be to make it like an event to unlock the Prestige - except make it very hard with a longer time limit. First you have to complete the event and then spend whatever crystals to buy the Prestige droid.

I'm not for defeating the wallet warriors. In all honesty they are a necessity for the game to continue. What I don't want is Disney to waste everyone's time and effort if the price of admission to maxed prestige level is too low that it results in just another elite player pool with all the toys while the rest play catch up to be competitive (current situation of new players vs. maxed players). For all the events, conflicts, EP or whatever Disney has provided to us to get new units, all of them can be relatively completed just based on how much you want to spend on crystals.
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, ROYALX, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite & Duza's Finest - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#35 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:15 am

LosVega wrote:
CoolGuy wrote:

I'm not for defeating the wallet warriors. In all honesty they are a necessity for the game to continue. What I don't want is Disney to waste everyone's time and effort if the price of admission to maxed prestige level is too low that it results in just another elite player pool with all the toys while the rest play catch up to be competitive (current situation of new players vs. maxed players). For all the events, conflicts, EP or whatever Disney has provided to us to get new units, all of them can be relatively completed just based on how much you want to spend on crystals.

Agree - wallet warriors help keep the game afloat. However let them spend their money after they have worked hard to unlock the Prestige. Like others, I don't want to see Prestige units/buildings on the first day.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

Medusa
Squadron Leader

Post#36 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:43 am

just another way to grub a few dollars for Disney

Dolphin75
Commodore

Post#37 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:02 am

I'm all for it if the offensive buffs restore the ability of high-level Rebs to engage similar Imps across the galaxy with reasonable success (and doesn't cost an unreasonable amount). I'm really starting to get bored with engaging dev based on Tat!

ForceMel
Major General

Post#38 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:29 pm

CoolGuy wrote:
LosVega wrote:
CoolGuy wrote:

Agree - wallet warriors help keep the game afloat. However let them spend their money after they have worked hard to unlock the Prestige. Like others, I don't want to see Prestige units/buildings on the first day.

I don't think making wallet warriors work to obtain something is the best way to go. The reason they become wallet warriors in the first place is because their money makes it easier for them. Like it or not, catering to them first is the best way to run this game, and keep it afloat.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#39 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:37 pm

The amount of butthurt for people who don't want to spend against the people who are willing to spend is absolutely hilarious on here.

Seriously ... how do they figure the game has gone this long?
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

ForceMel
Major General

Post#40 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:58 pm

Midge wrote:The amount of butthurt for people who don't want to spend against the people who are willing to spend is absolutely hilarious on here.

Seriously ... how do they figure the game has gone this long?

These are probably the same people who boast about not spending a dime on the game, and wear it like a badge or something. They should just be happy that there are players willing to spend money to make the game easier for them, but no, they need to complain how hard it is to obtain something they want.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

Return to “General Discussions”