NEW FEATURE: Prestige Level - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Ghost666
Major General

Re: NEW FEATURE: Prestige Level - Discussion Topic

Post#281 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:22 am

EdibleKarlos wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:
Tried an attack with 2 prestige jumps (from a single L11 barrack) last night (along with 6 regular L10 jumps). Didn't notice much difference. Wonder if anyone did an attack with full load of all L11 jumps/jets and whether that would be noticeably better than L10.

I got hit by Kessen SC Snipe (successful), 14 perked prestige Jets, Treadwell (for GR), 3 E-50's and didn't really notice any difference than any other jet steamroll I get. they got a victory (easy HQ), but not 100% or 50%.

I would say the 8% improvement on jets will be absorbed by the additional turrets and extra trap...
I am guessing attack will see a small improvement for a while when the extra 12 troop spaces are prevalent across the universe...but months later the extra ruggedness and turret efficiency will swing the balance back towards the defense.

Overall...TO ME it seems the defense gets a little bit more than the offense...takes longer to put in place but will be there...difference is not big i would say...but time will tell. Not as big as when GR was introduced...i think.
"All Walls Must Die" - Imperial Sniper Corps Unofficial Motto

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#282 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:40 am

DarkRebel wrote:
mkenobi wrote:I got a little frustration with the Prestige yesterday when I reached Prestige for one Barrack and didn't get Prestige Level for any Special Unit as Undead, Rodians, and Rancors attached to the Barracks, they keep at Level 10, what makes me think when I upgrade a Factory to Prestige, none of Special Unit attached to the Factories as TXs and Enhanced AT-ST samples, and stolen units as Tanks and Hailfire Droids also don't get the Prestige Level.

I am finishing Prestige Jumps upgrade, and started my 2nd Prestige Barrack upgrade. I don't know if I upgrade Snipers to Prestige now or upgrade any Armory unit or any normal unit, and wait until have a Prestige Factory to upgrade Tanks or Prestige Hero Command to upgrade Prestige e AT-AT...

I started upgrades for Prestige factory (using the Prestige droid) and Prestige Hover tank (in research) instead.

TXs are very using in PVP (or rather PVDCB, Player versus Dev Cloned Base, lol) so I prioritized that over other units.

Tried an attack with 2 prestige jumps (from a single L11 barrack) last night (along with 6 regular L10 jumps). Didn't notice much difference. Wonder if anyone did an attack with full load of all L11 jumps/jets and whether that would be noticeably better than L10.

Upgrading the factory for Prestige Tanks with TXs is a good choice. I also use Jumps (training in 3 Barracks with the Kubaz in the 4th Barrack), and Tanks/TXs (in 2 factories -- my 3rd Factory is always empty). I think upgrading a factory to Prestige will be my next move instead of the 3rd Prestige Barrack.

I was looking at my Jumps health/damage:

Level 10 now = 16,800/1,680
and when reach Prestige in a few hours = 18,144/1,813

Don't know it's accurate. My Defensive Battle Log shows that Rebels attacking my base keep losing even with Prestige Jets, but now instead of losing by 34% to 38%, they are losing by 40% to 44%... But no one attacked yet with a full 17 + 5 Prestige Jets loadout.

Things will become harder when many have upgrade SC and Transports to Prestige and started to attack with 18 + 6 Prestige Jets/Jumps lol
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

LosVega
Major General

Post#283 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:07 am

I guess I am running behind on the prestige upgrades, so far
1 troop transport upgraded - those extra 2 UC really come in handy
all walls upgraded to prestige - helpful with doing HDs, snipers and mhc take all day now to kill walls with armory buff on
research center currently in progress

Going to do a barrack next and upgrade jets to prestige. I already have enough frags to upgrade Kessen to prestige. Maybe a factory after that. I plan on doing the armory next to last and shields after.
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, ROYALX, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite & Duza's Finest - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

Josketer
Captain

Post#284 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:49 pm

My Prestige Status :

. Prestige Unit Transport Number 1 ready
. Prestige Unit Transport Number 2 ready
. Prestige Unit Transport Number 3 upgrading....until next sat
. Research Lab will be next....
Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 19--- Medals : + 104 K
Youtube channel : Josketer
Squad Wars & PvP videos :mrgreen:
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50 ;)

jb122
Storm Trooper

Post#285 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:51 am

My progress on Prestige:

HQ
All walls
One Barracks
Jet pack troopers
1st transport in progress

I just noticed something in my HQ inventory...samples that I have there for any troops that can be trained in barracks now reflect prestige level, even though I haven’t researched them to that level yet. Has anyone else experienced this? Is the same true for factory samples? I guess it makes sense as samples have tended to reflect my HQ level in the past.

Spock
Admiral

Post#286 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:05 am

jb122 wrote:My progress on Prestige:

HQ
All walls
One Barracks
Jet pack troopers
1st transport in progress

I just noticed something in my HQ inventory...samples that I have there for any troops that can be trained in barracks now reflect prestige level, even though I haven’t researched them to that level yet. Has anyone else experienced this? Is the same true for factory samples? I guess it makes sense as samples have tended to reflect my HQ level in the past.

Nice progress on prestige!
As for the hq samples they always level up the the level of the building that you cook them in.
So all your infantry samples will now be prestige because of your prestige barracks.

It’s the same with heroes, starships and factory units. Once you upgrade those buildings to prestige the related samples will level up.
That’s also why your mercenary samples are all level 8. Even if you have researched them to lvl 10 the sample will be level 8 because the cantina only goes to level 8.

Leader of the imperial_enclave. Flagship of the enclave brotherhood of squads.
Always looking for active lvl10 commanders. Line app required.

Tamarack
Commodore

Post#287 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:13 am

I putter along at my own pace for Prestige Upgrades:
    So Far I Have done in this order:
    -All Walls
    -One Alloy Storage Vault
    -Research Center
    -Researching Prestige Jets
    -3.4 days left on my first barracks

Trying to decide if I should do Squad Center or transports (all 3) next...

Tamarack
    Leader of Dark-Plague
    We are recruiting! Send me a message to get in!
    Support me in the 2018 Extra-Life Marathon #FTK #extralife @extralife4kids

Richaldo
    Admiral

Post#288 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:04 pm

Enjoying a relaxed procession...

HQ
    All walls
    One barracks
    Jumps in 24 hours
    SC currently underway :)

Not too shabby... think i'll do factory next then another barracks :)
    Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!!

Josketer
    Captain

Post#289 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:46 pm

My prestige base.. :)
    Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
    HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 19--- Medals : + 104 K
    Youtube channel : Josketer
    Squad Wars & PvP videos :mrgreen:
    Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50 ;)

ObiWanKenobi2016
    Admiral

Post#290 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:52 pm

I've also worked on my transports before my research lab. The extra UC capacity seemed to me to be of a more immediate benefit than the research centre.

I have backlog of units to research at the moment, so I'm working through those first. Once I clear that back log, and my prestige droid is available I will be upgrading my research lab, but I'm not sure I'll upgrade more than one barracks.

The increase in crystal cost to rush a load of prestige jets as compared to L10 jet is ridiculous. It goes from 2 crystals per jet to 24, as shown above. That's far too much of an increase for my liking. Plus the increase in damage is not what we first thought. In fact it's unimpressive. Most unimpressive (to misquote my former padawan).
    HQ 10 - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

Return to “General Discussions”