NEW FEATURE: Prestige Level - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Midge
Grand Admiral

Re: NEW FEATURE: Prestige Level - Discussion Topic

Post#21 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:27 pm

FinrodFelagund wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:My prediction for the prestige droid price tag is 4000+ crystals. (3rd droid = 500, 4th droid=1000, 5th droid=2000, so according this trend, the new droid cost would be double the previous price tag).

Disney may introduce this the same time as the game anniversary with a 30% discount on crystal purchase to promote player to spend money.

This new level would also raise the medal cap to a new level !!!

You’re probably right concerning the crystal cost. But I doubt they will raise the medal cap. They have always staunchly imposed the cap, as this doesn’t seem to rate as Level 11 they probably won’t change the cap.

The cao has always raised with higher buildings and such though.

Will be curious to see if this adds to base score. Which would then add to the medal cap. Good question to explore.

It sounds to me like they might not actually be introducing anymore BUILDINGS ... so if they don't let prestige level raise the base score, the cap would hold.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

DesertPyramid
Admiral

Post#22 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:25 pm

Making money via crystals is fine.

Charging enough It starts being enough I wonder if helping my sister buy a car instead is a better idea... that is probably a little high.

Yes, I know it’s not released and purely speculation at this point... and personal opinion. Feel free to do whatever you want.

MTFBWY.
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10+ Perks: L37
Medals: ~54k Deka/o: 50/50 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a

Cleric
Squadron Leader

Post#23 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:27 pm

Midge wrote:EDIT: I like a ton of you on here ... but the whining over buying crystals is mind-boggling to me. Do you think these guys created a game to NOT generate revenue?

I just see new units and something like this as a good sign since the game has dipped so much in revenue they could easily justify throwing in the towel.

Agreed. I have always been a free-to-play guy, and have never spent money on SWC, but the whole idea of creating a game is to make money. I don't complain about that fact, but it can also be frustrating to other free-to-play players when they realize that there is no way forward without a wallet. As long as the grind doesn't get worse then I will keep sticking to my no money from me policy and allow others to spend crystals upgrading their HQ to 8 while leaving most of the base behind at 5...

The game needs a better tutorial to prevent that kind of spending and the frustration that inevitably comes after. I think THAT is a big reason why many pay-to-play newbies quit. Just to cut their losses.
BB8_Resistance Leader
4 year Rebel

Are you a rebel who uses Discord? Join us here: https://discord.gg/ZxcEj4y

Euph
Admiral

Post#24 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:35 pm

I don't really see any hints that the droid is going to cost anything there. My guess is that the droid will be 'free' and the money making is, like always, the time it takes to do things.

As for the Prestige thing in general, it seems interesting. Kinda like the idea of some more powerful units.. don't love the idea of having more research center load. Will have to wait and see.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#25 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:48 pm

Midge wrote:I have no problem with it being a crystal cost and trying to generate revenue, I assume it will.

I also have no problem with pumping offense and not defense. The game has been hurt by the difficulty on offense that many are having. It makes the grind feel fruitless and then people quit.

I kind of like this for the higher level players and it will make getting wins on offense easier, which encourages more playing, honestly.

I think people stressing over the "costs" already are probably a little overboad in what it will actually cost. Just my thoughts though. Obviously it is a work in progress.

I would imagine Fax get added into this, but would not be surprised to see the cantina left out.

EDIT: I like a ton of you on here ... but the whining over buying crystals is mind-boggling to me. Do you think these guys created a game to NOT generate revenue?

I just see new units and something like this as a good sign since the game has dipped so much in revenue they could easily justify throwing in the towel.

Totally agree. I think I have spent a total of about $90 for crystals over four years of game play. That's pretty good value for money. If people have to spend $20 to get the next droid and then have another year of interesting game play then that's also good value.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#26 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:54 pm

Euph wrote:I don't really see any hints that the droid is going to cost anything there. My guess is that the droid will be 'free' and the money making is, like always, the time it takes to do things.

As for the Prestige thing in general, it seems interesting. Kinda like the idea of some more powerful units.. don't love the idea of having more research center load. Will have to wait and see.

The hint is the introduction of a new builder droid. If not for crystal purchase, why wouldn’t the existing builder droids work on upgrade ? (and I already spent money to buy them, and now they became useless)
But I hope you are right.
Everything will be free and everyone can happily upgrade to level Prestige without spending a penny.

Euph
Admiral

Post#27 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:14 pm

DarkRebel wrote:
Euph wrote:I don't really see any hints that the droid is going to cost anything there. My guess is that the droid will be 'free' and the money making is, like always, the time it takes to do things.

The hint is the introduction of a new builder droid. If not for crystal purchase, why wouldn’t the existing builder droids work on upgrade ? (and I already spent money to buy them, and now they became useless)
But I hope you are right.
Everything will be free and everyone can happily upgrade to level Prestige without spending a penny.

Fair point, it's certainly possible it'll cost to buy. I just interpreted it as that they want to drag it out by having only a single droid available to do the prestige upgrades, thereby encouraging people to spend on finishing upgrades to keep up with the people that crystal them.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

bstathis
Lieutenant

Post#28 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:26 am

They started waking up at last. The other similar games have surpassed level 30 and we are discussing here for level ten and a half. Do we know when this will happen?

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#29 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:15 am

CoolGuy wrote:
Midge wrote:I have no problem with it being a crystal cost and trying to generate revenue, I assume it will.

I also have no problem with pumping offense and not defense. The game has been hurt by the difficulty on offense that many are having. It makes the grind feel fruitless and then people quit.

I kind of like this for the higher level players and it will make getting wins on offense easier, which encourages more playing, honestly.

I think people stressing over the "costs" already are probably a little overboad in what it will actually cost. Just my thoughts though. Obviously it is a work in progress.

I would imagine Fax get added into this, but would not be surprised to see the cantina left out.

EDIT: I like a ton of you on here ... but the whining over buying crystals is mind-boggling to me. Do you think these guys created a game to NOT generate revenue?

Totally agree. I think I have spent a total of about $90 for crystals over four years of game play. That's pretty good value for money. If people have to spend $20 to get the next droid and then have another year of interesting game play then that's also good value.

Lol ... I have spent ... uh ... significantly more than that. :D BUT ... revenue drives the game.

The game is worth whatever you want it to be. But, Disney trying to get money ... makes sense, really.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

LosVega
Admiral

Post#30 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:54 am

Hmmmm, prestige level huh? :roll:

What drives revenue for this game? Disney most likely wants to keep it going so you need:
1. An incentive for current maxed players
2. A "carrot" to encourage lower level players to stay longer and possibly draw back in former players
3. The cost of access to prestige level must be reasonably within reach but the time needed to complete must be a combination of long and somewhat expensive so that you keep the players interested but you can get the revenue from the wallet warriors.

I don't know if Disney learned anything when it rolled out level 10 but I remember it didn't take long to find maxed bases shortly afterwards. If players respond to prestige level by simply paying to get it all at once, how does that work for short and long term gains if any? Considering where we are with player population, prestige players will be attacking down mostly. A prestige player filled squad in squad wars gets to fight who? I'm not against the new level but I don't see how this helps the game. If I'm a current player struggling to attack, why do I choose to stay?
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, ROYALX, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite & Duza's Finest - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

Return to “General Discussions”