NEW FEATURE: Prestige Level - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Marsh
Commander

Re: NEW FEATURE: Prestige Level - Discussion Topic

Post#11 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:11 pm

Great, more stuff to upgrade. My research center is booked for a year.
Proud Member of Marauders-Delta and IngloriousRebels.

JARJAR
Major General

Post#12 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:13 am

Deekay
Commander

Post#13 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:18 am

Great news... more new stuffs for more excitement :)
Windows Survivor
Royal_Rebelz Leader & Proud Member of Marauders Family

Josketer
Major General

Post#14 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:42 am

Ohh Yeahhh !! Great news !! A new Level !! I like it !!
Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 22--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x
Youtube channel : Josketer
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50

Cleric
Squadron Leader

Post#15 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:09 am

I've been wondering if they would expand the levels. I like this idea overall, although I hope it isn't too big a pay wall...

With prestige buildings getting increased hp a def buff may not be necessary...

I don't like jumping down the devs throats before their ideas are even finished. Lol. Let's wait and see how this is released.
BB8_Resistance Leader
4 year Rebel

Are you a rebel who uses Discord? Join us here: https://discord.gg/ZxcEj4y

FinrodFelagund
Major General

Post#16 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:33 pm

One of the aspects I most miss was being able to develop my base, once I maxed out my buildings I had less to do and that did not help my motivation. I will remain quietly optimistic and hope it isn’t a blatant money grab. We shall see.
We used bows, then we discovered bowcasters.
The Pointy-eared folk have a couple openings

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#17 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:39 pm

My prediction for the prestige droid price tag is 4000+ crystals. (3rd droid = 500, 4th droid=1000, 5th droid=2000, so according this trend, the new droid cost would be double the previous price tag).

Disney may introduce this the same time as the game anniversary with a 30% discount on crystal purchase to promote player to spend money.

This new level would also raise the medal cap to a new level !!!

FinrodFelagund
Major General

Post#18 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:57 pm

DarkRebel wrote:My prediction for the prestige droid price tag is 4000+ crystals. (3rd droid = 500, 4th droid=1000, 5th droid=2000, so according this trend, the new droid cost would be double the previous price tag).

Disney may introduce this the same time as the game anniversary with a 30% discount on crystal purchase to promote player to spend money.

This new level would also raise the medal cap to a new level !!!

You’re probably right concerning the crystal cost. But I doubt they will raise the medal cap. They have always staunchly imposed the cap, as this doesn’t seem to rate as Level 11 they probably won’t change the cap.
We used bows, then we discovered bowcasters.
The Pointy-eared folk have a couple openings

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#19 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:12 pm

I have said here that Disney needs to give more assistance to beginner players and better rewards for old players. They are not stupid or retarded (I do not think so) and they are seeing that they are losing a lot of players every day, this generates loss of activity and lack of interest for all, besides the difficulties that Disney has created are causing many to give up the game...

I read several times because of my bad English to try to understand, and as far as I understand, when you have these buildings at level 10, you can upgrade them to the Prestige level? And buy a Prestige Droid to upgrade only those buildings?

Sorry for my French, but this smells like bullshit... It's nothing more than a level 11 in disguise and you're definitely going to have to spend crystals anyway... I took a year and a half collecting crystals to buy my fifth droid for my Rebel base when it was already at level 9, and how much will the Droid Prestige cost? 5000 crystals?

It takes 1w5d to upgrade the Starship command to level 10... How long to upgrade buildings to the Prestige level? 3 weeks? 1 month? I can wait, I'm not in a hurry... If Disney is doing this is because they still have interest in keeping the game running longer. And this Droid looks like another piece of junk and useless when all buildings are upgraded to Prestige Level, and useful only to collect resources? Why not also put the Droidekas on the Prestige level and repair them in 1 minute anytime you need?

Sorry, but I'm skeptical and not optimistic about changes for the benefit of the players... I've said too much, and maybe bite my tongue... But I'm very curious to see all this in practice. 8-)
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation.

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#20 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:22 pm

I have no problem with it being a crystal cost and trying to generate revenue, I assume it will.

I also have no problem with pumping offense and not defense. The game has been hurt by the difficulty on offense that many are having. It makes the grind feel fruitless and then people quit.

I kind of like this for the higher level players and it will make getting wins on offense easier, which encourages more playing, honestly.

I think people stressing over the "costs" already are probably a little overboad in what it will actually cost. Just my thoughts though. Obviously it is a work in progress.

I would imagine Fax get added into this, but would not be surprised to see the cantina left out.

EDIT: I like a ton of you on here ... but the whining over buying crystals is mind-boggling to me. Do you think these guys created a game to NOT generate revenue?

I just see new units and something like this as a good sign since the game has dipped so much in revenue they could easily justify throwing in the towel.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

Return to “General Discussions”