That must be an old post because I have not had those issues (not finding where I left off or what I said last and no issues scrolling either). I have used both LINE and Discord. I say Discord is a better platform because:
1. In your server you can create multiple topics each with multiple channels. For instance, our War Room has a channel for scouting and one for active war related chat.
2. Roles can be designed and assigned as needed with as many permissions as the server owner wishes. This allows a Leader to create a role for Officers and get them to help moderate the server. Many other purpose are served by assigning roles as well.
3.Notifications are mutable by channel. This means that a member can mute channels that are unimportant like a fun chat channel while leaving notifications on fir something like War Orders.
4. Channels can be Role specific. This means that management decisions are kept to those actually involved in making the decision.
5. The Discord app is smaller than the LINE app. This means members are more likely to download the alternate chat and be more involved in the squad.
6. Discord can integrate into Guilded which has SWC listed as a game they connect to. I have not done much with Guilded so I can't say how good it is.
7. I, personally, find Discord to be more adult designed or focused rather than teenager focused. It is sleek, professional and functional.
Midge has a point though, LINE became the main SWC alt chat app and Discord has not yet pushed them out. So there are more squads on LINE than Discord as far as I can tell. Honestly, I think most people that give Discord a chance will end up agreeing that it is a better experience than LINE.
Oops. Don't know why my edit posted as a new reply...Moderator Note:
I corrected Post for you.