Nearly four years and getting bored

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
SpaceDandy
Commander

Re: Nearly four years and getting bored

Post#11 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:47 pm

I'd like to see an "Invite" option on War Matchmaking. Search for the opposite faction's squad. Find it. An Officer sends an invite to a war. Acceptance can take up to 48 hours. If accepted, the teams go to war. No loot crate. It goes on the record as a W or L - or not - either is fine by me. Combine with this with another oft-discussed option - the No OP election prior to matchmaking. Not only could players challenge those teams around them on the ksod (a fantastic PLAYER created site) board but round robins, an annual March Madness, etc. could be created by PLAYERS. Again, no loot so no gaming of the system from a Disney perspective. Just decentralization and player empowerment.
Officer, RoughTeam, a fun, active, & competitive rebel squad

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#12 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:38 pm

Everytime new units get released or new buffs/nerfs get implemented it makes me feel like nothing really has been done to make the game “fresh” again. That’s what it needs though and I find myself toying with ideas of how to do that. Here are a few of them:

1. Medals need to be worth more than bragging rights. Sure, we can attack/defend and rack up tons of medals, but what are they good for? Can you buy stuff with them? No. Does having a high medal count provide an advantage of any kind? No. So what if that changed? I say a “medal store” needs to be added. I think it would be cool to be able to redeem medals for loot or certain frags that seem to be eluding us. This would mean taking medal count out of the matchmaking equation as people would obviously “tank” their count for maximum baby seal clubbing action. I’ve already worked out a solution for this though...

2. Change how medals are earned. If you are truly the “shizz”, you should be able to win with as few units deployed as possible and should be rewarded accordingly. I would propose awarding medals based on this AND the difficulty of the opponent you are facing. Attacking as an HQ 10 against an opponent one level below yours would subract maybe 10 medals from your win. Attack an HQ 8 and lose 20 medals. This is where it gets fun and fair again. With any opponent, the less UC you deploy, the more medals you would earn. So let’s say you attack that HQ 8 with your burly lvl 10 buffed jumps, you’d better only use 3 of them otherwise you’ll lose medals on that attack. That’s right HQ 10 player, you might risk face planting on an HQ 8 to make it worthwhile. Now for REALLY hard opponents, I would hope the rewards for winning with a reduced loadout would be enormous. So let’s say I attack Decepticon and his unending flood of ultra-annoying tauntauns with half of my transport capacity and still 3-star roll his base, my medal winnings could double or increase even more depending on how few units I deploy. A quick note: a 2-star win could theoretically reward better than a 3-star depending on how much risk an attacker choses to take.

3. End impossible revenge attacks. We all get attacked by “that guy” who immediately relocates like a quivering rodent after stealing a meager amount of CB and then “camps out” by always being online seemingly for days on end. When they aren’t online, someone else probably wrecked them. That’s annoying. Here’s how that can be fixed: Add offensive and defensive slots to the armory and allow anyone to be revenge attacked while they’re off away from their base and attacking someone else. The defensive armory slot would become active automatically. When that person finishes their attack, they would come back to a wrecked base. You’re welcome. This could have the additional benefit of activating your defensive equipment when you go AFK, your device dies/loses reception or when the game crashes as it frequently does.

RockRobot80
Squadron Leader

Post#13 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:32 am

SpaceDandy wrote:I'd like to see an "Invite" option on War Matchmaking. Search for the opposite faction's squad. Find it. An Officer sends an invite to a war. Acceptance can take up to 48 hours. If accepted, the teams go to war.

I kind of like this.
Leader of TheCollective as Oola-Roo
Level 50 Imperial Squad
Always Recruiting

Spirit
Commodore

Post#14 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:20 am

For me, I think the players have probably prompted many of the changes and additions made in this game, purely by the amount of time some spend playing.
By spending tens of hours every week in game, it means you are maxing things too quickly and rarely making your base available to be attacked. This has led to dev bases and silly units.
Each player should be limited to perhaps 2 hours each week. There would be plenty of bases to attack, few would run out of units to upgrade and nobody gets bored.
If you have lots of accounts to maximise your addictive "fix", the problem is not with Disney or the game.
I dont wish to offend anyone, but seriously, look at what you are doing to yourself and the game. MTFBWY
Player name Ghost. A level 10 Imperial hitman. Feel the force.

Member of TeaBagAJedi join us

Reps needed please.....

SFOne
Commodore

Post#15 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:04 pm

Plagueis wrote:Everytime new units get released or new buffs/nerfs get implemented it makes me feel like nothing really has been done to make the game “fresh” again. That’s what it needs though and I find myself toying with ideas of how to do that. Here are a few of them:

1. Medals need to be worth more than bragging rights. Sure, we can attack/defend and rack up tons of medals, but what are they good for? Can you buy stuff with them? No. Does having a high medal count provide an advantage of any kind? No. So what if that changed? I say a “medal store” needs to be added. I think it would be cool to be able to redeem medals for loot or certain frags that seem to be eluding us. This would mean taking medal count out of the matchmaking equation as people would obviously “tank” their count for maximum baby seal clubbing action. I’ve already worked out a solution for this though...

2. Change how medals are earned. If you are truly the “shizz”, you should be able to win with as few units deployed as possible and should be rewarded accordingly. I would propose awarding medals based on this AND the difficulty of the opponent you are facing. Attacking as an HQ 10 against an opponent one level below yours would subract maybe 10 medals from your win. Attack an HQ 8 and lose 20 medals. This is where it gets fun and fair again. With any opponent, the less UC you deploy, the more medals you would earn. So let’s say you attack that HQ 8 with your burly lvl 10 buffed jumps, you’d better only use 3 of them otherwise you’ll lose medals on that attack. That’s right HQ 10 player, you might risk face planting on an HQ 8 to make it worthwhile. Now for REALLY hard opponents, I would hope the rewards for winning with a reduced loadout would be enormous. So let’s say I attack Decepticon and his unending flood of ultra-annoying tauntauns with half of my transport capacity and still 3-star roll his base, my medal winnings could double or increase even more depending on how few units I deploy. A quick note: a 2-star win could theoretically reward better than a 3-star depending on how much risk an attacker choses to take.

3. End impossible revenge attacks. We all get attacked by “that guy” who immediately relocates like a quivering rodent after stealing a meager amount of CB and then “camps out” by always being online seemingly for days on end. When they aren’t online, someone else probably wrecked them. That’s annoying. Here’s how that can be fixed: Add offensive and defensive slots to the armory and allow anyone to be revenge attacked while they’re off away from their base and attacking someone else. The defensive armory slot would become active automatically. When that person finishes their attack, they would come back to a wrecked base. You’re welcome. This could have the additional benefit of activating your defensive equipment when you go AFK, your device dies/loses reception or when the game crashes as it frequently does.

Some valid points/interesting ideas. Nice!

I guess making it 'fresh' again is what they tried with the recent change to some of the building graphics and elite unit/equipment colouring. LOL.

Making medals mean something might actually work in encouraging attacks, though perhaps like the EP events, don't award for defends or you'll just get all those high level equipment players (both factions) camping out on planets raking in the awards.

And the way medals are earned is surely broken; attacking a player with twice my medal count should not award me fewer medals than what attacking someone with a similar medal count, but lower base score awards. Include equipment level and HQ level as well into that formula and I think it's someway towards being a better system.

Damn, a defensive version of your armoury would be sweet. Though more thought would need to go into how the SC is filled for revenge attacks etc.

On a general note, I do find it funny people complaining about people attacking and changing planets. Maybe they were just doing objectives? Maybe they needed to jump to activate buffs for outposts in a war, maybe, just maybe they didn't read the memo when they started the game that they must make themselves available to anyone and everyone they attacked that day and remain so for an unspecified amount of time before moving again. :lol:

That aside, I am seeing players struggling more on both sides. I should not be getting as many defence wins as I am right now. I am one of those knobheads camping on a good planet farming defences... and I kinda feel bad about it.

Attacking hasn't gotten to the point of it feeling like a chore yet, since I typically crystal my air each time (but wait for troops to cook as normal), but then I am one of those idiots that will crystal. For players that don't, I'd hate to be attacking at my level. I am attacking a lot less though. As someone who used to pride themselves on achieving UC on 3 or more planets, I don't feel motivated to 'grind' for rewards I neither need nor want, and am at the point where upgrades take weeks so there is no incentive to attack more often. And I can't dedicate the time required to loot enough CB for the next droid upgrade.
Rebel Level 10 80k+
Proud member of TheMidnightMob

SWC Tools For Android
  • Releases: https://github.com/DaveCMo/Android-SWC-Tools/releases
  • https://youtu.be/8rPACDDEWhg

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#16 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:55 pm

Can you buy anything with KSOD skill points ? NO. And people don’t really care.
Medals should be about bragging right, AND THAT’S IT.
Medal is the same as KSOD skill point. You earn points on win, earn more agaisnt top opponent, and lose point when you lose and lose more against “weaker” opponent.

The problems with medal are:
1. Medal cap (no differentiation amongst top players)
2. Medal weighs too much into match making.
3. Lack of recognition for achieving high medal count.
4. Medal pay out bug when the difference between 2 players is more than 50K.

Fix these.

For reward, there are already all kinds of reward systems ( loot system, EP, creates, conflicts ) already. No need to have another one.

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#17 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:08 pm

The big difference in the current loot structure is that you can’t really get the frags that you want and when you want them. Also, medal count doesn’t necessarily mean you’re “the best” by any stretch of the imagination and I feel like using medals to purchase desired content is something that everyone can use.

I also think there should be something for those players who compete to be the best. Maybe that can be player rank and those with higher ranks can get special empire or rebel “banners” that mark their bases as being “elite”. If you lose battles, that ranking could decrease, so players would strive to maintain their status. The number 1 spots (1 rebel & 1 imperial) would get something awesome, like maybe double the turrets to work with but would be unmatchable with all other players aside from those who have elite status. For the top imp, they become “grand admiral” and all base structures get a white motif befitting of a grand admiral. The top rebel becomes the top general of the rebel alliance which transforms all base structures into the best the rebellion has to offer from the planet Mon Calamari. These players would become prime targets to dethrone and would be attacked endlessly until they are dethroned and the mantle passes to someone else. Of course, any defensive wins the top players earn would very minimally increase their rank, so their title never becomes completely out of reach. I could see entire squads coming together to find ways to knock a top player out of their spot without driving up their rank. Also, my thought is attacking or defending against other “elite” players would increase your rank exponentially more than attacking or defending againt those who are not, creating an internal “tournament” structure for higher level players to compete with each other in. Star Wars is all about legends and something like this would create just that.

Noahjedi77
Commodore

Post#18 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:34 pm

I miss the great crate chase. Better than new system for less active players imo. Able to do mini missions, and reap rewards, and u could do most of them in 1 or 2 attacks. Only 10 minutes needed. U should not have to play an hour a day on a mobile game to be up to date with all the new stuff.

I think game needs something new, because new units are not new. Just recycled garbage. Conflicts are not new. New units are not bringing in any new strats. Still jet spam meta.

More lvs, or maybe more defensive steuctures at the least. Integrated as easily as the fang trap. Maybe add more strat to defense, but need to b careful it doesn’t kill sw.

I’ve been playing Star Wars galaxy of heroes and Star Wars force arena and it’s starting to take over the time I use for swc. These games seem more exciting, never the same. In force arena, opponent never plays the same, always different strengths and weaknesses. It’s new but familiar every match. Galaxynof heroes u can never be maxed. Always something to work towards with lots of mini goals that help u reach the big goals so it’s not daunting or a boring grind.
-my opinion

Member of:ElvenRebels
HQ:10
Faction:Rebel
#BringBackTheGreatCrateChase
:)

ChiptheFish
Commodore

Post#19 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:39 am

I'd be tempted to say that SWC had seen it's time and the genre is dead, but Clash of Clans (similar game play) keeps riding the top of charts and innovating. The development team just isn't hungry or doesn't have the mandate to improve. If your getting bored, play another game cuz this one is not going to change dramatically anytime soon
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ10, Medals: 26K, Battle Rank: 13 (Android)
ObiTwo: A Level 42 Squad - Join us!
Casual but active L4-10 player's welcome. 1-2 wars a week. Any time-zone. English only

Ghost666
Major General

Post#20 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:09 am

Played for years also...not sure how many to be honest...i think when i started the max level was 7!!!!! Some guy named ZEUS had a scary top base!!!

Now i just refill SCs (mine and others) and do 3 attacks on wars...and just because i think i am in the top 50% of my squad, so they would miss my 3 attacks...otherwise game would have been unistalled already...(dumb i know)

I was bored already, and Guard Reserve made me quit playing...no matter what you say about tactics, skill and whatever...this (GR) FORCES players to attack with jumps and little else...wrecked completly the game for me...
I also feel that rewards were moved way too high...and game became slower also.

So...lots of time to boot, lots of time to move between screens...and have to do boring attacks for irrelevant rewards...i feel DUMB just to have the game isntalled...and even dumber for the 15min i wasted writing this!!!
"All Walls Must Die" - Imperial Sniper Corps Unofficial Motto

Return to “General Discussions”