Balance the Game, Give Rebels Real Hero

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Spirit
Commodore

Re: Balance the Game, Give Rebels Real Hero

Post#11 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:38 am

I have played for several years now, with many different bases but only on the Imp side ( apart from my little reb clones but I never actually played as a reb).
My favourite and only hero I ever use is the eATAT. In my first base I dutifully upgraded all my heros, but ever since, I abandon every hero except eATAT.
My playing style supports the eAtAt which works well, so why swap?
It is good to have a choice of useable heroes on each side, to suit other styles of play, but I only need 1.
Player name Ghost. A level 10 Imperial hitman. Feel the force.

Member of TeaBagAJedi join us

Reps needed please.....

llamaman
Commander

Post#12 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:22 am

So you dont like the heros in your faction for the side YOU picked????? Interesting

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#13 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:36 am

I don't see Luke getting the same type support Lord Vader gets. He would work fine with a regular health and attack buff. Vader wouldn't have worked as well with a regular buff. His attack damage would be huge, and the extra health wouldn't matter against Sonics unless you had medships. The other option for Vader would have been to give him a blaster like the naval officer and a more modest buff, like 20-60%, because of his high damage and health. Although he came out at the same time as Luke, Vader is very different because of his attack range, and so I'd expect them to get different buffs.

Spirit
Commodore

Post#14 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:27 pm

llamaman wrote:So you dont like the heros in your faction for the side YOU picked????? Interesting

I have a great hero in the Eatat, I just dont need to use the others. It is not about liking or dislikng the others. I never use scouts, luggas or normal AtAt either but many people do. The game is about options and choices.
That is what I can never understand about players who have to unlock and upgrade everything, including some useless new units. Why?, what is the point?
I enjoy my game, that is the main aim.
Player name Ghost. A level 10 Imperial hitman. Feel the force.

Member of TeaBagAJedi join us

Reps needed please.....

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#15 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:28 pm

I think Luke probably deserves a buff of some sort. But c'mon ... some weird hero movement is what it takes to fix the balance?

There are many issues larger than someone not knowing how to use Kessen.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#16 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:27 pm

Like Spirit said, the game is about choices and options, and play according to what you need. But when you don't have other choices, you need to play with the best you have.

As Imperial Level 10 I don't need to win any attacks anymore. I don't play conflicts, events, wars, neither do objectives. I attack only for loot for upgrades, and on Tatooine over the richest Rebel bases I find. The eAT-AT to destroy 1 shield or 2 over the Safehouse only to bomb it with a Tie and leave, it's fine by me. Kubaz to infiltrate a non-walled base and find a hole where i can deploy Lord Vader and his friends and try to loot eveything I can, it's fine by me.

As Rebel Level 10 I also don't need to win any attacks anymore. Same game experience for this account, attacking only for the loot to pay upgrades. My Kessen sniping a SC probably full of Rodians or Jumps or whatever, and my Jets killing Rodians or MHCs or whatever on battlefield it's fine by me if I can get all loot I need.

That is my experience. But when you need to win attacks, and win by 3 stars, heroes aren't an option, they are necessary. As I said, if you want to have better heroes you need to get the skins for them in conflicts, events, objectives and keep chasing crates for one year or more. Or try to adjust to what you have, because all new heroes introduced in the game after Armory, are by frags upgrading and pure crap...

eAT-AT and Kessen are the only heroes useful for Imperials (while Kessen for Imps have only 5min cooking time). But Kessen is a data frag hero, and not everyone is able to get frags for his upgrades, and Kessen still is the only useful hero for Rebels but with a cooking time of 10min. That's the problem. Reducing this time for Rebels already would be a good upgrade if you have your Kessen at high levels.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

TNT
Major General

Post#17 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:15 am

Meh, I would like a skin for Luke, but I'm not too bothered. Heroes are useless even with skin. (except ATACT) I barely even look at them during wars.

I'm more interested in getting my EATTE up a couple of lvls.

This is not a hill to die on.
Join the OuterRimRioters. Drama free, laid back, regular wars and multiple time zones coverage.
Seriously, what more can you ask for in a shitty f2p mobile game?

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#18 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:05 am

TNT wrote:Meh, I would like a skin for Luke, but I'm not too bothered. Heroes are useless even with skin. (except ATACT) I barely even look at them during wars.

I'm more interested in getting my EATTE up a couple of lvls.

This is not a hill to die on.

My eAT-TE is only at level 4 for my Rebel HQ10, and I couldn't unlock it for my 2nd Rebel acc since this unit came out.

If Devs release a new hero, this unit probably will be so useless they will give frags to max out it in one week or two of events, but if the unit is really useful we will see frags very rarely in crates like they did with the U-Wing/Tie Brute skin, and if you is able to unlock this new hero, it will take 6 months or more untill Devs offer another event or conflict with this unit and you can upgrade it more one or two levels... like they did in the past with the eAT-TE, the new Speeder, the WED...

That's another reason why I do not care about the need for a new hero.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

ChiptheFish
Major General

Post#19 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:28 am

Kessen. Nuff said.
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ Prestige, Medals: 26K, Battle Rank: 13 (Android)
ObiTwo: Officer in this Level 43 Squad - Join us!
Casual but active L4-11 player's welcome. 2-3 wars a week. Any time-zone. English only

RabidWarBunny
Commander

Post#20 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:20 am

First, NO more turret Heros.

How about a new class of balanced skins for Vader & Luke for each planet type that has pros & cons for each that allows for a variety of strategies:

Luke on forest planets - Option A. Rebel troops (standard troops, not heavies or snipers) receive 15 - 50% damage & life buff, or Option B. Luke dispenses troops at incremental levels.
Vader on forest planets - AT-STs receive 20 - 100% damage & life buff.

Luke on Hoth - Rebel troops receive 20 - 100% life & damage buff.
Vader on Hoth - AT-ATs dispense troops at incremental levels.

And there is skins for the sand planets too. I am just giving examples. Dont crush me for not balancing them as they simply novel ideas. If you noticed, I tried to include units that were relative to the story within the movies themselves.

Return to “General Discussions”