Balance the Game, Give Rebels Real Hero

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Rebelscummer
Commodore

Balance the Game, Give Rebels Real Hero

Post#1 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:13 am

The title says it all, Vader-Naval Officer-AT-AT vs Sleepy Luke, this is the biggest scam so far. I mean, C'mon Devs, can't you see it?

mkenobi
Admiral

Re: Balance the Game, Give Rebels Real Hero

Post#2 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:58 am

I understand that most playing with one faction wants EXACTLY what the other faction has... They think this will bring balance and fair matches to the game.

Lord Vader at Level 10 can be unfair for many, AT-ACT at level 10 can be unfair for many. But as Rebel, I rarely use heroes. If I am going to use, is Kessen for War attacks if I feel I can destroy the SC, and I am sucessful most of the time playing only with him. If the SC can't be hit, then I deploy Luke to lure SC troops while other troops kill the enemies, and if Luke dies at first turret, I don't care because he already did his job.

If I am looting in PvP on Greens, it's Leia for the extra troops support, and if I am attacking in PvP in any other planet is Chewie + Falcon for the extra air support and his increase health. Han gone stupid after the downgrade to some kinda Elite Vanguard and the way he ignores the last building to go for a hidden trap in an opposite corner.

I say Han is now the most useless hero even with Captain Solo buff together with R2 & 3P0 buff. And playing with both, I can say Chewie + Falcon is far better than Imperial Naval Officer.

If you want to improve your heroes, you need to play Events/Conflicts/Objectives to get frags for their skins or buy Crates in Shop. No other option is available.

I agree we need a skin for Luke -- maybe if he deploys a dozen of padawans holding lightsabers would be great as a new skin, but I'm not seeing this hapenning because Devs are trying to clean the dirt with GR and Rodians yet... And we have to play with what we have...

The problem is Devs won't release more reg units or reg heroes in the game. All new units and this includes any new Hero will be upgraded through data frags system. But there's always the "amazing" SD-K4 and the "awesome" eAT-TE -- if you get them upgraded to some usefull level some day... :D :D :D
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

erfs
Commodore

Post#3 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:00 am

Well, it seems that it's easier to get Kessen to a higher level as a Rebel than it is as an IMP.

The Rebel counterpart to the Naval Officer would be buffed Chewbacca with the added plus of having med droids as normal units when you are a Reb.

Other than that, Imps have the eAT-AT which is OKish in standard form and really good as AT-ACT.
Then there is the AT-MP Mark III which I find awesome with the cold weather buff on Hoth but pretty useless otherwise.

So really, I do not see any hero advantage on the IMP side.

You could complain about the hero buffs where I find the IMP ones are often better than Rebel buffs (AT-ACT vs- buffed Leia, Cold weather AT-MP Mark III vs. Captain Solo, Vader has a buff vs. Luke who does not) but that's not a thing that I find unbalances the game greatly, at least not for me.

EDIT:

@mkenobi: I find the SD-K 4 to be very good for HD, even at lower levels. PVP - less so unless you are lower level and the enemy has no rocket turrets or only low level ones.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Combined Back-to-Back Posts - Added "Edit"

DeathStriker

Post#4 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:26 am

LETS COMPARE HEROES BY FACTION:

Rebel Faction

1. Chewbacca
  2. Han Solo
  3. Leia Organa
  4. R2-D2
  5. Luke Skywalker
    • Buffed: None.
  6. Elite Unit: Johhar Kessen
  7. Elite Unit: Elite AT-TE Walker
  8. Elite Unit: Modified SD-K4
Empire Faction

1. Veteran AT-ST
  2. AT-MP Mark III
  3. Royal Guard
  4. Elite AT-AT
    • Buffed: AT-ACT - Dandoran, Yavin 4, Takodana, Only.
  5. Darth Vader
  6. Elite Unit: Johhar Kessen
  7. Elite Unit: Death Trooper
  8. Elite Unit: SD-K4
Above information provided to aid in discussion.

Let the debate continue...
Last edited by DeathStriker on Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Added Update / Additional Information

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#5 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:28 am

Yes, hero slot is where IMP side is superior.

As rebel, I found that the only viable option for me was Kessen. Luke was often too weak and died way too easily and too early. He is good for one spin, and that's it.

Since Kessen was adequate for the most part, it didn't hurt my attacks, but then rebels don't have as many options as IMPs do, and Kessen needs 10 min training (this is unfair, compared to IMP's Kessen only needs 5 min).

eATTE is actually very good for rebel. I loved it. But didn't have it at high enough level, nor having equipment on green planets like AT-ACT. At least eATTE is good for Sullust.

Luke does need a new skin.

lc77
Commodore

Post#6 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:06 am

His new skin will be Ewoks, and they will become the most OP troops in the game.

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#7 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:38 pm

Luke needs a skin and R2 needs to be changed.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

Rebelscummer
Commodore

Post#8 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:15 pm

Shelendil wrote:Luke needs a skin and R2 needs to be changed.

Luke definitely needs a skin, R2 is not even a hero, I don't know what he is.
I don't count Chewie and Leia, they're pretty much useless against opponents I'm matched against. Solo is a joke.
Chewie might be good for Level 6-7-8 beginner players, but useless against Level 9-10.
I don't use Kessen, he's for players who don't know how to properly attack, when they miss the golden shot they get nervous and lose (that includes ranked players).
We need a new hero, a substitute for Luke, our only hope (how pathetic)....

DesertPyramid
Major General

Post#9 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:33 pm

I almost posted this in the sullustan/Rodian thread... both seemed to be about balance of the troops. I decided to put it here.

Imagine what we would have to talk about if everything was balanced:

Can you believe Player X attacked with 120 desert troopers... again? Couldn’t he have done it with 119 this time?

Or to borrow one of Marcus’s lines from B5: imagine if the world was fair... then we’d actually deserve all the bad things that happen to us.... I for one take great solace in the fact that the world is not fair. Otherwise when we want more, nope sorry, you’ve reached your quota.

Well, that’s probably out of order a bit... but you get the idea.

Play on. Hit the reset buttons. Add some quarters or whatever you need to do.

MTFBWY.
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10 Perks: L36
Medals: ~43k Deka/o: 31/23 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a

Alpha
Major General

Post#10 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:48 am

+1000000000 Agree that the Rebs are in dire need of the same skin for Luke that Vader has and that R2-D2 should be swapped for an Elite Jug. then i think we would be on the same playing field. as for the other heroes they suck just as bad as the other Imp heroes so i'm fine with this.

Return to “General Discussions”