Rebel Barracks: Sullust Recon Sharpshooters ?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
MarshallMatrix
Squadron Leader

Rebel Barracks: Sullust Recon Sharpshooters ?

Post#1 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:25 am

Quick question. Can the Rebels use their Sullust Recon Sharpshooter if unlocked with Barracks Defense, like the Empire can with theirs? Asking for a friend ;)
AWookieNation

Harshit
Commodore

Re: Rebel Barracks: Sullust Recon Sharpshooters ?

Post#2 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:34 am

No, Rebels don't have any sharpshooter GR barracks defense instead you have vanguards( see in your armory). Only IMPs have sniper GR and soon you will realise Disney's stupidity.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

MarshallMatrix
Squadron Leader

Post#3 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:16 am

I thought so, this is truly unfair. They can advance buff there Barrack Snipers, but Revbels can’t with there Vangard. Come on.. why
AWookieNation

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#4 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:29 am

The general theory is that imp guard reserve snipes were a necessary counter to rebels having stronger jet armory equipment vs. imp jump equipment, both of which are main units used in attacks at higher levels. The recent guard reserve balancing shows that counter still needs to exist, if not to a lesser extent.

rawrebel
Commodore

Post#5 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:12 pm

Plagueis wrote:The general theory is that imp guard reserve snipes were a necessary counter to rebels having stronger jet armory equipment vs. imp jump equipment, both of which are main units used in attacks at higher levels. The recent guard reserve balancing shows that counter still needs to exist, if not to a lesser extent.

The general theory among imp players, you need to specify that,
The truth is there is totaly unfair and unbalanced aspect of the game in imp advantage,that 11/15 % from jets to jumps difference is no justification for imp to have the most powerfull imfantry killer unit in defence ,and most of all being able to combine that with a skin that rebel don't have.
Rebel should have sniper Gr too and jets / jumps should have same damage/ health. That would mean balance.

DeathStriker

Post#6 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:14 pm

MarshallMatrix wrote:Quick question. Can the Rebels use their Sullust Recon Sharpshooter if unlocked with Barracks Defense, like the Empire can with theirs? Asking for a friend ;)

MarshallMatrix - As already posted - Rebels do not have Sullustan Recon Sharpshooter Guard Reserve.

HOWEVER, you - can - ask your Squad to put Sharpshooters in your SC and you could then also activate the Sullustan Recon Sharpshooter Armory Equipment / Skin to aid in defense.

Something to think about...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#7 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:43 pm

rawrebel wrote:
Plagueis wrote:The general theory is that imp guard reserve snipes were a necessary counter to rebels having stronger jet armory equipment vs. imp jump equipment, both of which are main units used in attacks at higher levels. The recent guard reserve balancing shows that counter still needs to exist, if not to a lesser extent.

The general theory among imp players, you need to specify that,
The truth is there is totaly unfair and unbalanced aspect of the game in imp advantage,that 11/15 % from jets to jumps difference is no justification for imp to have the most powerfull imfantry killer unit in defence ,and most of all being able to combine that with a skin that rebel don't have.
Rebel should have sniper Gr too and jets / jumps should have same damage/ health. That would mean balance.

This is why I said “theory”. Because someone will always come back with anecdotal “facts”. Somehow, rebels seem to still be able to win despite imps having such insurmountable defensive advantage. Just a quick question for any imps reading this: How many of you win 100% of your defenses thanks to GR snipes with rodian skins and if not, what percentage of defenses do you win? Survey > Anecdotal Info. Maybe an actual survey can be created so we can get our graph on.

ForceMel
Commodore

Post#8 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:05 pm

I suspect the answer to this question was already known, but asked in order to elicit a reaction from the imperial players here. I'm a reb, and find it pointless to whine about apparent shortcomings because each side has them.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#9 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:01 pm

ForceMel wrote:I suspect the answer to this question was already known, but asked in order to elicit a reaction from the imperial players here. I'm a reb, and find it pointless to whine about apparent shortcomings because each side has them.

I think everyone has a “theory” but not a definitive answer. You’re definitely right about the pointlessness of the question. It’s a bit trollish TBH.

RebelRick
Squadron Leader

Post#10 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:12 am

It's one very annoying aspect to guard reserves. I quite often encounter sniper barracks yet am only a level 7 so have no jets!

Return to “General Discussions”