UPDATE: Guard Reserve Event and Balance Updates

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
ChiptheFish
Major General

Re: UPDATE: Guard Reserve Event and Balance Updates

Post#41 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:57 am

What if... the game automatically disabled defensive armory buffs IF the attacker had zero offensive armory buffs enabled. THAT would be interesting.
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ Prestige, Medals: 26K, Battle Rank: 13 (Android)
ObiTwo: Officer in this Level 43 Squad - Join us!
Casual but active L4-11 player's welcome. 2-3 wars a week. Any time-zone. English only

ChiptheFish
Major General

Post#42 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:59 am

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:
ChiptheFish wrote:...

You need to update your signature, my friend. I stopped by your new squad to donate some rep points the other day, and you were up to level 47, and closing in on 48.

Thank you old friend. Miss you!
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ Prestige, Medals: 26K, Battle Rank: 13 (Android)
ObiTwo: Officer in this Level 43 Squad - Join us!
Casual but active L4-11 player's welcome. 2-3 wars a week. Any time-zone. English only

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#43 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:07 pm

Euph wrote:I simply don't see them making that big of a walk-back at this point.

Alas, neither do I. But I do think it's what the game needs.
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

TNT
Major General

Post#44 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:29 am

Euph wrote:
TNT wrote:
Euph wrote:I don't get the hatred for equipment on GR. It's a modifier that enables more options and more possibilities makes things fun. Is it because Imps have options Rebs are envious of and so if you can't have it, nobody can? That's kinda petty IMO.

You basically answer yourself in 4 lines.
"It's a modifier that enables more options and possibilities"
followed by conceding that rebels don't have those options and possibilities.

In addition, that's not what's happening. 90% of Imperials run Rodian snipers. I wonder why that is...
Yes rebels change between guard reserves. Some run banthas, some vanguards. But that's because we can't skin most of them.

Well I mean.. the question was basically rhetorical. I know I answered myself, that was the point. I just left it a little open to see if maybe there were other valid complaints people had.

You left out the part where I went on to say essentially that I think y'all are complaining about the wrong thing. I can get behind everyone getting more GR options to equalize the situation.

That's because I agree with those things. :)

They really can't do a walkback even if they wanted to at this point anymore. At least not if you ask me.
Imps and Rebels alike have spent either a lot of time or a lot of money to get the GR (and in the case of the imps the Rodian skins) up to a decent level. You can't ask the devs to throw all that money/time spent away and not give anything in return. But hell, even if you give something in return it would still feel a little unfair to me.

Despite my critism I am slightly optimistic as the Devs are tweaking values trying to make some workable balance. I hope they continue trying to fix things.
Personally I rather like the following options:
1: Give snipers the ability to ignore walls but heavily nerf their damage against buildings. This would allow them to be effective for backup and clearing the way for damage dealing units. (Honestly, I'm most fond of this option.)
2: Turn off skins on GR. (Probably the best option.)
3: Finally introduce more mech equipment. This could make the Vanguard actually make sense and snipers ignore vehicles allowing for more strategy. The T2B/ATST needs some love.
Join the OuterRimRioters. Drama free, laid back, regular wars and multiple time zones coverage.
Seriously, what more can you ask for in a shitty f2p mobile game?

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#45 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:53 am

I've said from the start that armory skins should never have applied to GR. It is the simplest fix and then they can stop trying to balance GR around having the additional skin.

I have my doubts about whether the vanguard GR would be good against mech, since the slow rate of fire lowers its dps into the basement. At level 10 it has 1299 dps versus vehicles, compared to the sniper's dps (level 4 at level 10 GR) of 3204 dps versus infantry. I can't imagine 1299 dps doing much to a vehicle with armory skin that has increased health. A single TX-225 is already boasting 84000 heatlh, and vanguards get a reduced modifier against bruiser vehicles to boot.

Just for fun, let's do a comparison of GR to turrets, since we should have a good feel for what kind of damage turrets do:
Sniper GR (unbuffed): 3204 dps vs jets
Sniper GR (buffed): 6408 dps vs jets
Burst turret (buffed): 9106 dps vs jets
You need 2-3 GR snipers to equal the dps of one burst turret vs jets.

Vanguard GR: 1299 dps vs vehicle
Vanguard GR: 974 dps vs brusier vehicle (their preferred target)
Rocket turret (buffed): 12280 vs vehicle
You need 12-13 GR vanguards to equal the dps of one rocket turret vs bruiser vehicles.
The splash damage is not going to make up for that unless all the vehicles are dropped together and stay together. (Each shot has to hit 8.9 vehicles to equal the effectiveness of snipers).

GR vanguards are crap, have always been crap, and will always be crap, even if vehicles become popular.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

erfs
Commodore

Post#46 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:25 am

ChiptheFish wrote:What if... the game automatically disabled defensive armory buffs IF the attacker had zero offensive armory buffs enabled. THAT would be interesting.

That's actually a very good idea - like it.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#47 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:02 pm

There's no reason that the game should cater to players that take a year off. The game would be horrible if it was so stagnant that you could leave for a year, come back, and still compete. Those players should just be cannon fodder, which is what they are. The mistake that the devs make is in disabling the base 30 days after they leave. The bases should remain active just as cannon fodder.

donald121
Squadron Leader

Post#48 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:16 pm

ChiptheFish wrote:What if... the game automatically disabled defensive armory buffs IF the attacker had zero offensive armory buffs enabled. THAT would be interesting.

I like this idea. Give us a chance to practice non-OP war.
Ducky - Turnbull-AC's

DeathStriker

Post#49 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:41 am

NOTICE: Guard Reserve Event - Week #1 - Ending Today

Guard Reserve Event - Week #1 - will end in a little over 4 hours..

As of this posting, on Tatooine, UCL is 14875+ Conflict Medals. Don't have stats for "other" Conflict currently underway on Yavin 4 and Takodana.

Keeping Everyone Informed....

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

DeathStriker

Post#50 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:23 pm

NOTICE: Guard Reserve Event - Week #1 - Has Ended

The Guard Reserve Event - Week #1 has ended. In 24 Hours Week #2 (Final Week) will begin.

Post your Final Stats if you wish...

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

MY EVENT STATUS (Week #1):

1. HQ 10

• Total Conflicts Participated: 1
    • Elite Armory Equipment - Guard Reserve: Melee Bruisers (Start Level 6 - 38/100 Frags toward Level 7 Upgrade)

• Total Frags Received: 20
      • Events: None, 50/100 Frags for Level 7 Upgrade
  2. HQ 8

• Total Conflicts Participated: 1
    • Elite Armory Equipment - Guard Reserve: Melee Bruisers (Start Level 6 - 61/100 Frags toward Level 7 Upgrade)

• Total Frags Received: 20
      • Events: None, 81/100 Frags for Level 7 Upgrade
  3. HQ 5 - Did Not Participate.
AND NOW... On to the GR Event - Week #2...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Return to “General Discussions”