UPDATE: Guard Reserve Event and Balance Updates

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Schruaf
Commodore
Posts: 180

Re: UPDATE: Guard Reserve Event and Balance Updates

Post#31 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:40 am

So no DeathStar crates? Or has them somebody?


User avatar
DeathStriker
Moderator
Posts: 4269

Re: UPDATE: Guard Reserve Event and Balance Updates

Post#32 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:00 am

Gharris92 wrote:Can i get an updated full list of GR please, spawn times levels and so forth please mine is now out dated...

Much appreciated

Gharris92 - As I posted before - I updated the REFERENCE: Guard Reserve Unit Data which contains all the information you want - PLUS - show the changes / updates over time.

Schruaf wrote:So no DeathStar crates? Or has them somebody?

Schruaf - I am still seeing Regular Daily Planetary Objective Crates as well as Once-per-Day Daily Crates and Free Daily Crates (with Ads) that are still rewarding Lucky Break (Solo Movie Event #2) Units (like the AT-Hauler).

I AM FAIRLY CERTAIN that there will be a Hotfix today - Friday - around 12:00 PM (Noon) PDT (7:00 PM UTC) that will start the Planetary Objective Death Star Crates (which then should appear either today or tomorrow - Saturday).

This is just Speculation / Best Guess on my part and still will need confirmation.

Hope this help answer your question...
 
Image
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!


User avatar
Gharris92
Commander
Posts: 38

Re: UPDATE: Guard Reserve Event and Balance Updates

Post#33 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:10 am

Cheers DS saw that one just handy having the table aswell.... Sniper Gr with astro with rodian skin which included bombers Wow them were the days :(
Commanderharris
1st_ORDER2
(Officer)


seal

Re: UPDATE: Guard Reserve Event and Balance Updates

Post#34 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:26 am

can anyone please tell me what's in the death star crates?

thx in advance


Shelendil
Admiral
Posts: 753

Re: UPDATE: Guard Reserve Event and Balance Updates

Post#35 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:27 pm

seal wrote:can anyone please tell me what's in the death star crates?

thx in advance


https://papajessie.github.io/swcpy/lc_o ... tier3.html
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)


User avatar
DeathStriker
Moderator
Posts: 4269

Re: UPDATE: Guard Reserve Event and Balance Updates

Post#36 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:19 pm

Schruaf wrote:Are only the Bronzium crates of the Planetary Daily Objectives changed to Deathstar crates or all?

And are these the same Deathstar crates like last time? I always have difficulties finding the right crates on the dataminers homepage.

By the way great thanks to DS and the dataminers.

EVERYONE - UPDATE

The change in Daily Planetary Objectives and DeathStar Crates that was mentioned in the Main Topic Post was posted in error. The Data Miners were a bit confused and reported it as a change when it was not.

I have updated the Main Topic Post.

My apologies to all for the confusion.

Updating this Topic...
 
Image
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!


TNT
Major General
Posts: 400

Re: UPDATE: Guard Reserve Event and Balance Updates

Post#37 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:44 am

Euph wrote:I don't get the hatred for equipment on GR. It's a modifier that enables more options and more possibilities makes things fun. Is it because Imps have options Rebs are envious of and so if you can't have it, nobody can? That's kinda petty IMO.

You basically answer yourself in 4 lines.
"It's a modifier that enables more options and possibilities"
followed by conceding that rebels don't have those options and possibilities.

In addition, that's not what's happening. 90% of Imperials run Rodian snipers. I wonder why that is...
Yes rebels change between guard reserves. Some run banthas, some vanguards. But that's because we can't skin most of them.
Join the Rebel3Squad.
Actually we joined up with the OuterRimRioters. Join us and reminiscine about the good old days when the game was playable.


User avatar
Euph
Admiral
Posts: 584

Re: UPDATE: Guard Reserve Event and Balance Updates

Post#38 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:19 am

TNT wrote:
Euph wrote:I don't get the hatred for equipment on GR. It's a modifier that enables more options and more possibilities makes things fun. Is it because Imps have options Rebs are envious of and so if you can't have it, nobody can? That's kinda petty IMO.

You basically answer yourself in 4 lines.
"It's a modifier that enables more options and possibilities"
followed by conceding that rebels don't have those options and possibilities.

In addition, that's not what's happening. 90% of Imperials run Rodian snipers. I wonder why that is...
Yes rebels change between guard reserves. Some run banthas, some vanguards. But that's because we can't skin most of them.

Well I mean.. the question was basically rhetorical. I know I answered myself, that was the point. I just left it a little open to see if maybe there were other valid complaints people had.

You left out the part where I went on to say essentially that I think y'all are complaining about the wrong thing. I can get behind everyone getting more GR options to equalize the situation.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away


User avatar
ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral
Posts: 801

Re: UPDATE: Guard Reserve Event and Balance Updates

Post#39 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:20 am

ChiptheFish wrote:...

You need to update your signature, my friend. I stopped by your new squad to donate some rep points the other day, and you were up to level 47, and closing in on 48.

EDIT:

Euph wrote:I don't get the hatred for equipment on GR. It's a modifier that enables more options and more possibilities makes things fun.

I get where you're coming from on this, and I'll agree they added a fun element to the game for a while. However, I think the armoury buffs should be nerfed because they make it difficult / impossible for players without them to compete.

Several of the squads I've been involved with over the years had commanders return to the game after the Solo movie was out. The returners found however, that they were unable to hit non-dev bases, as they either had no armoury buffs, or not ones of sufficient levels to make a difference.

If things stay as they are, those that are in the armoury arms race will get more and more advantages, but every time a player is unable to keep up, misses an event or week or two, they lose ground and have less and less incentive to continue to play. The game needs numbers to remain viable, and I suspect the recent down turn in player numbers on both sides weren't helped by the armoury buff arms race.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Combined Back-to-Back Posts - Added "Edit"
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.


User avatar
Euph
Admiral
Posts: 584

Re: UPDATE: Guard Reserve Event and Balance Updates

Post#40 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:01 am

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:
Euph wrote:I don't get the hatred for equipment on GR. It's a modifier that enables more options and more possibilities makes things fun.

I get where you're coming from on this, and I'll agree they added a fun element to the game for a while. However, I think the armoury buffs should be nerfed because they make it difficult / impossible for players without them to compete.

Several of the squads I've been involved with over the years had commanders return to the game after the Solo movie was out. The returners found however, that they were unable to hit non-dev bases, as they either had no armoury buffs, or not ones of sufficient levels to make a difference.

If things stay as they are, those that are in the armoury arms race will get more and more advantages, but every time a player is unable to keep up, misses an event or week or two, they lose ground and have less and less incentive to continue to play. The game needs numbers to remain viable, and I suspect the recent down turn in player numbers on both sides weren't helped by the armoury buff arms race.


Thanks for elaborating a little, I do kind of see your point. I think that's a wider issue of haves and have-nots that applies to the armoury, and indeed special units in general, though? In the past I'd have agreed it's a problem, indeed it still is, but I simply don't see them making that big of a walk-back at this point. Would you trust them to do it competently even if they were to try? All I see is incremental buffs and the occasional nerf and I'm pretty sure that's how things are gonna go until the game shuts down. That's why I just roll with it and figure asking for your own buffs is about the best chance you have of getting something approximately like you want.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away


Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Beththeboss, Google [Bot] and 28 guests