UPDATE: Guard Reserve Event and Balance Updates

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Hawkeye1970
Captain

Re: UPDATE: Guard Reserve Event and Balance Updates

Post#21 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:47 pm

Still does nothing to give us rebels an edge on the deserts. Rodian skinned guard reserve and cold mhc’s reserve still trump by a mile these changes. Nothing to worry about for the Imperials. Move along! These aren’t the changes we’re looking for! :)
IGName: Hawkeye
Squad: FalloftheEmpire
Faction: Rebel, Level 10

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#22 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:45 pm

For perspective, skiffs will do an additional 1000 damage per shot to vehicles, 500 to hero vehicles and 250 to everything else. If you run skiffs, they’ll be better than they were before.

Hawkeye1970
Captain

Post#23 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:01 am

But very few Imps use vehicles. Jumps and other troops are the mainstay of most attacks against me.
IGName: Hawkeye
Squad: FalloftheEmpire
Faction: Rebel, Level 10

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#24 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:54 am

The positive from this is that the Devs are working on this game and trying to seek to balance things for the factions.

This is a great game and has long been in need of more TLC to keep it going from strength to strength.

Quite why they are boosting the anti-vehicle GR (skiffs) at this time is beyond me. In an era where the devs have recently acknowledged everyone is using infantry fliers, and almost purely infantry fliers, I don't understand this at all.

I think TNT makes some good points
TNT wrote:Honestly feels like you're on a spaceship and mechanic is fixing the bell for the flight attendants while there's a big hole in the side of the hull.

On the brightside, the fact that they're trying to fix the GR imbalance between skiffs and MHCs means that they recognize that they messed up and are trying to fix it. So kudos for that at least. :)

You know what would also fix it? Disable skins for GR. This would singlehandedly balance GR better than any tinkering would ever accomplish.

Although my preferred option is: give both sides the same GR, and nerf the armoury buffs to all units.
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

TNT
Major General

Post#25 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:06 am

Maybe it signals that they're finally going to release equipment for mechs?
Join the Rebel3Squad.
Actually we joined up with the OuterRimRioters. Join us and reminiscine about the good old days when the game was playable.

ChiptheFish
Commodore

Post#26 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:23 am

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:The positive from this is that the Devs are working on this game and trying to seek to balance things for the factions.

This is a great game and has long been in need of more TLC to keep it going from strength to strength.

Quite why they are boosting the anti-vehicle GR (skiffs) at this time is beyond me. In an era where the devs have recently acknowledged everyone is using infantry fliers, and almost purely infantry fliers, I don't understand this at all.

I think TNT makes some good points
TNT wrote:Honestly feels like you're on a spaceship and mechanic is fixing the bell for the flight attendants while there's a big hole in the side of the hull.

On the brightside, the fact that they're trying to fix the GR imbalance between skiffs and MHCs means that they recognize that they messed up and are trying to fix it. So kudos for that at least. :)

You know what would also fix it? Disable skins for GR. This would singlehandedly balance GR better than any tinkering would ever accomplish.

Although my preferred option is: give both sides the same GR, and nerf the armoury buffs to all units.

great idea, armory kit for offensive units only works in PvP attacks and not compounded with defensive GR. Elegant solution to the Rodian/ColdMHC/Tauntaun issue on defense.
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ10, Medals: 26K, Battle Rank: 13 (Android)
ObiTwo: A Level 42 Squad - Join us!
Casual but active L4-10 player's welcome. 1-2 wars a week. Any time-zone. English only

Euph
Admiral

Post#27 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:56 am

I don't get the hatred for equipment on GR. It's a modifier that enables more options and more possibilities makes things fun. Is it because Imps have options Rebs are envious of and so if you can't have it, nobody can? That's kinda petty IMO.

But if you wanna make the argument it's not fair cause Imps have more options, then sure, I see that. I'd support more options being added in the form of sharp GR + hail GR for Rebs and shock GR + something else for Imps (Probe droids? lol. It'd be an excuse to finally buff probe droids and make em worth a damn). inb4 someone complains about frag dilution. :P

I get that could be described as power creep but I think that starship went into hyperspace a long time ago. Buffs are more fun than nerfs anyway.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

Gharris92
Commander

Post#28 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:05 am

Can i get an updated full list of GR please, spawn times levels and so forth please mine is now out dated...

Much appreciated
Commanderharris
1st_ORDER2
(Officer)

Spock
Admiral

Post#29 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:57 am

Gharris92 wrote:Can i get an updated full list of GR please, spawn times levels and so forth please mine is now out dated...

Much appreciated

This chart was updated by a fellow imperial with the latest information. Cheers
(Sorry it’s a little blurry)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Leader of the imperial_enclave. Flagship of the enclave brotherhood of squads.
Always looking for active lvl10 commanders. Line app required.

Gharris92
Commander

Post#30 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:34 am

Thank you spock super! :D
Commanderharris
1st_ORDER2
(Officer)

Return to “General Discussions”