UPDATE: Guard Reserve Event and Balance Updates

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DeathStriker

Post#1 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:53 am

In-Game Commander News - Rebel Faction - 06-21-2018
(Click here to view LARGER image)

2-Week Conflict Outbreak: Guard Reserve

• Conflict Bronzium League or Better Awards Event Data Fragments

• 6/21 to 6/27, conflict times vary by planet. All planets have the same reward:

• HQ 5 and below
      • Rebel: Vanguard (Unit)
      • Empire: Shock Trooper (Unit)
    • HQ 6 and above
      • Rebel: Guard Reserve Melee Bruisers (Barracks Eqp)
      • Empire: Guard Reserve Melee Bruisers (Barracks Eqp)
  • 6/28 to 7/5, conflict times vary by planet. All planets have the same reward:

• HQ 5 and below
      • Rebel: Iakaru Warrior (Unit)
      • Empire: IG-86 Assassin Droid (Unit)
    • HQ 6 and above
      • Rebel: Guard Reserve Anti-vehicle (Factory Eqp)
      • Empire: Guard Reserve Anti-vehicle (Factory Eqp)
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Balance Updates

Re-spawn times on Rebel and Empire Guard Reserve Changed

• Guard Reserve: Melee Bruisers Barracks equipment have been slightly reduced.

• Level of spawned units on Rebel and Empire Guard Reserve: Melee Bruisers Barracks equipment has been slightly increased

• Level of spawned units on Rebel Guard Reserve: Anti-vehicle Factory equipment has been slightly increased.
    These changes are intended to bring the defensive power of this equipment more in line with that of other Guard Reserve

⇨ MORE INFO: Guard Reserve Reference (has been updated to include this update)

Let the discussion begin...
Last edited by DeathStriker on Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:07 am, edited 6 times in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Added Update / Additional Information

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Harshit
Commodore

Re: UPDATE: Guard Reserve Event and Balance Updates

Post#2 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:13 am

i didn't understand the last point about objective change.
Some more time off from SWC , my all GR are lvl 5-6.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

Euph
Admiral

Post#3 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:24 am

There's that "slightly" again. So can we expect L15 dewbacks and skiffs? :P
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

Harshit
Commodore

Post#4 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:00 am

Euph wrote:There's that "slightly" again. So can we expect L15 dewbacks and skiffs? :P

+100
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#5 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:02 am

Devs are kidding me... More frags for all those OP dewbacks and banthas? Sorry, but my poor English is not helping me here... This change means less banthas and dewbacks coming out, but they were leveled up?

And Anti-vehicles Factory means that MHCs and Skiffs also were leveled up? These units are basically useless in GR.... MHCs are good for those on Hoth that like to double their skins with Cold MHCs...

Nice... Two weeks of vacation for all my accounts! Thanks, Devs... :D
Leader of AndroidsDream Squad on Windows. Empire Level 10, 45k medals, Rank 16.
Imperial HQ10 on Vacation!
Rebel HQ10 on Vacation and Rebel HQ8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 Squad)

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#6 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:24 am

Another update that favors rebel:

"Level of spawned units on Rebel Guard Reserve: Anti-vehicle Factory equipment has been slightly increased."

Note: this increase is only applicable to the Rebel faction. i.e. Higher level skiffs spawn from factory to counter TXs and eATAT/ATACT.

I am quitting my IMP base :)

And yes Euph, that "slightly" word again.

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#7 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:29 am

DarkRebel wrote:Note: this increase is only applicable to the Rebel faction. i.e. Higher level skiffs spawn from factory to counter TXs and eATAT/ATACT.

Thanks, I missed this point.

2 weeks of break, anyway...
Leader of AndroidsDream Squad on Windows. Empire Level 10, 45k medals, Rank 16.
Imperial HQ10 on Vacation!
Rebel HQ10 on Vacation and Rebel HQ8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 Squad)

TNT
Major General

Post#8 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:48 am

Crap, I want Lakaru frags. They're pretty decent in war. :(

Devs are right on the money here. GR needs rebalancing, let's do a quick review:
Light Infantry: Without buff not very threatening, but it will spawn 12 units that the enemy needs to get through. This is a huge time waster. Their entire reason to be used is to slow down the enemy so Rodian snipers/Turrets can kill the enemy units and they're good at this.
Bruiser: Dewbacks and Banthas can't properly attack jets. So even with buff they're pretty much useless except on Hoth. They're good time waster though thanks to spawning 8 in total on the first wave.
Sniper Guard: Without Skin slightly below broken. With Skin ridiculously broken. Why hasn't this been fixed yet?
Vanguard reserve: Okay I guess? I just wish they would fire faster.
Bike reserve: Rebels <10 can only spawn 2 per wave, Imperials 3. But bikes aren't good until lvl7 where they change into unit killers. Unless they become lvl7 they're not going to be worth it. I don't think any rebels use this and I rarely encounter Imps with it turned on.
MHC GR: Not very good. They're big and slow with bad pathing. Except on Hoth where it's broken. Leveling them up will not fix those points and they can't get anymore broken than they already are on Hoth. Why hasn't this been fixed yet?
Skiff GR: I hear they're okay, but I never really use them. When the GR debacle just started I tried them out and saw them blow up from splash damage on a wall from a normal MHC multiple times causing me to stop using them. They also spawn only 2 when you're below lvl10.
Besides, barring 2-3 txs and the eATAT imperials don't use vehicles anymore and I prefer having more units on the field to slow the advance down to a crawl.

Honestly feels like you're on a spaceship and mechanic is fixing the bell for the flight attendants while there's a big hole in the side of the hull.

On the brightside, the fact that they're trying to fix the GR imbalance between skiffs and MHCs means that they recognize that they messed up and are trying to fix it. So kudos for that at least. :)

You know what would also fix it? Disable skins for GR. This would singlehandedly balance GR better than any tinkering would ever accomplish.
Join the Rebel3Squad.
Actually we joined up with the OuterRimRioters. Join us and reminiscine about the good old days when the game was playable.

DeathStriker

Post#9 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:57 am

Harshit wrote:i didn't understand the last point about objective change.

Instead of Daily Planetary Objectives showing once per day per planet they will appear in 12 hour cycles or twice per day per planet during the 2 Week GR Event.

⇨ MORE INFO: Guard Reserve Reference (has not been updated yet with this pending update)

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Boog
Admiral

Post#10 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:00 am

Are they saying the spawn time has been reduced on the melee bruisers?

Return to “General Discussions”