Too Many False Cheating Reports

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
darthdoodie
Commodore
Posts: 211

Re: Too Many False Cheating Reports

Post#21 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:06 am

Plagueis wrote:Thanks for posting chat links that seem to be missing those error codes the OP mentioned and instead are full of the typical glitchy gameplay SWC is famous for. We experienced players assume they’re glitches but to less experienced players, they do look like hacks. Some actually are. That’s why they need to be reported. Odds are Disney isn’t going to ban you if a newer player files a complaint because you stole their 5k CB and the replay doesn’t jive with the result. Now if Disney gets word that YOU specifically are listed on 10-20 complaints then there’s a case for disciplinary action. At the very least, sending reports puts these glitches and bugs on Disney’s radar and hopefully their priority to fix. I sent one in a month ago regarding Kessen and his 90 degree shot targeting against active dekas. Was it a cheat and was it the fault of the player who repeatedly used that behavior full knowingly against my base? No to kessen and sort of to the player exploiting it, but whatever. But I reported the issue with kessen to shut down that exploit. Personally, I don’t care if people vent about glitches and bugs on the forum. They’re confused and come here for answers to those questions and everything else. Kinda the point of a forum right? IMO it’s better to direct them to the proper channels, even if it means repeating that same advice 1000 times.


I posted those links to show how many recent cheater reports have surfaced, thus the timing of this thread, in contrast to your claim of it being sudden and random. I don't have references to cross check the error codes.

Your last few sentences confuse me. You want ppl to come to the forum, get advice on whether a cheat or glitch occurred, and carry out remedial action, possibly via a complaint to Disney? Is that not what the OP is trying to achieve? Provide advice that errors you come across, or other glitches are not necessarily cheats? You instantly dismissed the OP content, yet appear to want something similar?

I do agree with you, legitimate reports should be made. However, as stated, flooding support with complaints about glitches/cheats, etc reduces resources for further game development. Putting that info in a single thread rather than buried amongst 10's of pages of other threads is useful IMO.


User avatar
Spirit
Major General
Posts: 273

Re: Too Many False Cheating Reports

Post#22 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:52 am

darthdoodie wrote:
Plagueis wrote:Thanks for posting chat links that seem to be missing those error codes the OP mentioned and instead are full of the typical glitchy gameplay SWC is famous for. We experienced players assume they’re glitches but to less experienced players, they do look like hacks. Some actually are. That’s why they need to be reported. Odds are Disney isn’t going to ban you if a newer player files a complaint because you stole their 5k CB and the replay doesn’t jive with the result. Now if Disney gets word that YOU specifically are listed on 10-20 complaints then there’s a case for disciplinary action. At the very least, sending reports puts these glitches and bugs on Disney’s radar and hopefully their priority to fix. I sent one in a month ago regarding Kessen and his 90 degree shot targeting against active dekas. Was it a cheat and was it the fault of the player who repeatedly used that behavior full knowingly against my base? No to kessen and sort of to the player exploiting it, but whatever. But I reported the issue with kessen to shut down that exploit. Personally, I don’t care if people vent about glitches and bugs on the forum. They’re confused and come here for answers to those questions and everything else. Kinda the point of a forum right? IMO it’s better to direct them to the proper channels, even if it means repeating that same advice 1000 times.


I posted those links to show how many recent cheater reports have surfaced, thus the timing of this thread, in contrast to your claim of it being sudden and random. I don't have references to cross check the error codes.

Your last few sentences confuse me. You want ppl to come to the forum, get advice on whether a cheat or glitch occurred, and carry out remedial action, possibly via a complaint to Disney? Is that not what the OP is trying to achieve? Provide advice that errors you come across, or other glitches are not necessarily cheats? You instantly dismissed the OP content, yet appear to want something similar?

I do agree with you, legitimate reports should be made. However, as stated, flooding support with complaints about glitches/cheats, etc reduces resources for further game development. Putting that info in a single thread rather than buried amongst 10's of pages of other threads is useful IMO.

I agree with your thoughts too darthdoodie. Anyone and everyone should be allowed to post helpful info on this forum, without fear of personal attack.
Clearly there are some personal grudges at work in this thread which have no place in this forum.
As mkenobi posted, the vast majority of players do not belong to any forum or line community. Anyone reading this thread as their first forum access may well decide to make it their last.
An Amazon player, squeezing every last minute from the game..
Member of IMP.ARMY. An Imperial hotel and resort. A place to relax with no pressure. Drop in for a while, but reservation for dinner is recommended.


Plagueis
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1395

Re: Too Many False Cheating Reports

Post#23 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:24 am

My point was that when people come to this forum to complain about cheats it’s ok. Us experienced players need to realize that not everyone understands that this is not an official forum and there is a proper method to report cheating. That’s where we come in, giving that information. Simply saying “stop posting stuff about cheating” isn’t going to fix anything. We also shouldn’t assume everything is just a glitch and encourage others to ignore those instances just because the complaints annoy us. When in doubt, report it.


DarkRebel
Admiral
Posts: 992

Re: Too Many False Cheating Reports

Post#24 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:22 pm

Plagueis wrote:My point was that when people come to this forum to complain about cheats it’s ok. Us experienced players need to realize that not everyone understands that this is not an official forum and there is a proper method to report cheating. That’s where we come in, giving that information. Simply saying “stop posting stuff about cheating” isn’t going to fix anything. We also shouldn’t assume everything is just a glitch and encourage others to ignore those instances just because the complaints annoy us. When in doubt, report it.

We live in a society where we would want to honour the system that everyone is innocent until proven guilty.

Reporting glitches or unexpected behaviour is fine.

Accusing others as cheaters without any evidence or any basis is not. Just because you see something unexplainable (to you), that you immediately call your opponent cheater is not okay, IMHO.

And this topic is not about reporting glitches. It is about cheating accusation.

You are off topic.


Plagueis
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1395

Re: Too Many False Cheating Reports

Post#25 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:43 pm

“Too many players of late are complaining of “cheating”. These players ignorantly dismiss known problems with the game and act like experts. It is a fact glitches and game errors exist.”

This is literally at the beginning of the post and points towards annoyance at players “acting like experts” when most problems are probably glitches as the prime grievance rather than the “so and so needs to be banned immediately” issue that also exists and would be remedied by first getting the opinions of others and then reporting it if needed.

...out of breath.


User avatar
ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral
Posts: 881

Re: Too Many False Cheating Reports

Post#26 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:31 pm

darthdoodie wrote:It is not sudden, nor random
Two days ago, this thread was resurrected.
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20393
Did you notice it? Do you believe a cheat was used?

A few days earlier, this thread was created
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=23065
Do you believe there was cheating involved?

This thread is constantly being updated, often with easily explained glitches
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=16772&start=450

This thread was started less than a week ago
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=23059
Any cheating in there?

There seems to be a rise in cheating allegations, and in almost all cases, these are replay glitches or other common occurrences that veteran players are well aware of. I'm sure many frequent forum users have noticed this, I certainly had. It took me all of 2 minutes to find these threads.



This is an unofficial forum, created by players for players.

The creation of a succession of threads on topics is how forums work. The thread described as being 'constantly updated' is a thread called "are we allowed to call out cheaters here". Whilst it is filled with complaints, it is also filled with responses by more experienced players explaining why they are almost all glitches.

From a certain point of view, that's a forum doing what it should be doing, and perhaps with the helpful people on here (including you, my friend), doing it rather well.
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.


darthdoodie
Commodore
Posts: 211

Re: Too Many False Cheating Reports

Post#27 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:33 am

Plagueis wrote:My point was that when people come to this forum to complain about cheats it’s ok.

It's also OK for people to be frustrated by false accusations....

Plagueis wrote:“Too many players of late are complaining of “cheating”. These players ignorantly dismiss known problems with the game and act like experts. It is a fact glitches and game errors exist.”

This is literally at the beginning of the post and points towards annoyance at players “acting like experts” when most problems are probably glitches as the prime grievance rather than the “so and so needs to be banned immediately” issue that also exists and would be remedied by first getting the opinions of others and then reporting it if needed.

...out of breath.


The OP also went on to provide a bunch of info on occurrences that are not necessarily cheats, thus making it one of the more informative threads to any newcomers. Sure, it could have been written in a more sedate manner, just as you could have also been less dismissive of it, but it is what it is :oops:

I recently responded to a cheating accusation based upon quick, and large numbers of attacks in conflicts. The accuser dismissed my possible explanations, and those of others who also suggested reasons, under the guise of having played for years and never seen it before, topped off with 'nothing you say will change my mind as I know its a cheat'. I think people can be legitimately frustrated at numerous, erroneous accusations. Particularly when almost all of these accusations are responded to in numerous threads.

This forum is the first I've been on where you aren't told to "use the search function". It's nice and civil (relatively), but I'm sure no one wants to see another GR snipers are OP, rebel jets are OP, HMC is OP, eAT-AT is OP, Imp SC bikes are too hard to handle...etc. Cheating accusations are quickly headed that way, if not already there.

Obiwan....I'll see you in the squad ;)


User avatar
Midge
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1056

Re: Too Many False Cheating Reports

Post#28 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:05 am

Lol at all the people lashing out at PLV for "cheating" on here while ignoring the substance of his post as being accurate.

The whining about cheating on this game is absolutely mindnumbing and 99% of the time it is just crybaby shit.

And while I think Macros are lame and sandbagging is kind of silly (just don't see the fun in it) ... it clearly is NOT cheating. Disney clearly has NO problem with it. They KNOW it happens and that it has been reported a ton and they don't stop it.

KSOD on the other hand ... is a BLATANT violation of the terms as is HD looping ... but everyone is just fine and fucking dandy with those things.

No, the guy didn't cheat, he just beat your ass.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed


DarkRebel
Admiral
Posts: 992

Re: Too Many False Cheating Reports

Post#29 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:24 am

Midge wrote:And while I think Macros are lame and sandbagging is kind of silly (just don't see the fun in it) ... it clearly is NOT cheating.

ok, this is off topic.
But ... hey ... you started. USING MACROS IN CONFLICTS TO AUTOMATE ATTACKS OR KEEP BASE ONLINE 24/7 IS CHEATING. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.
If not, how do you define cheat then ?

Cheating in video games involves a video game player using non-standard methods to create an advantage or disadvantage beyond normal gameplay, in order to make the game easier or harder.
(source: Wiki)

(EDIT: saw Midge response below. Eventhough I think he was dead wrong, in respecting other interest in this topic, I won't continue to debate here. Perhaps in another another topic or some other time.)
Last edited by DarkRebel on Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.


User avatar
Midge
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1056

Re: Too Many False Cheating Reports

Post#30 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:38 am

DarkRebel wrote:
Midge wrote:And while I think Macros are lame and sandbagging is kind of silly (just don't see the fun in it) ... it clearly is NOT cheating.

ok, this is off topic.
But ... hey ... you started. USING MACROS IN CONFLICTS TO AUTOMATE ATTACKS OR KEEP BASE ONLINE 24/7 IS CHEATING. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.
If not, how do you define cheat then ?

Cheating in video games involves a video game player using non-standard methods to create an advantage or disadvantage beyond normal gameplay, in order to make the game easier or harder.
(source: Wiki)


Seriously? Then someone using a different loadout than most people would be "cheating" because it is nonstandard.

It is really simple ... DISNEY does not consider it cheating. So, it is not cheating. It is their game, they make the rules.

It would be like saying, "Mike Stanton hits the ball too far, so I think it is cheating" when MLB has already clearly decided it isn't.

I don't get how you don't get that, but that is up to you.

EDIT: And for the love of god ... did you actually posts "source: Wiki" are you kidding me? I can go in an edit that to specifically say whatever the hell I want.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed


Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bertoni, BLOODYRANCOR, Boog, jabajaw2, Lynch, mkenobi, ShortStormTrooper, wesman21 and 45 guests