Too Many False Cheating Reports

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
bob1084
Commodore
Posts: 104

Re: Too Many False Cheating Reports

Post#11 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:26 am

Anyone in this thread defending PLM.... no their name isn’t partylikevader.... it’s partylikemacro is beyond idiotic. Base score manipulating is a product of the game, HOWEVER, PLM uses automatated attacking. Funny they will come on here and spout off a bunch of crap about crystalling loadouts, “being better at the game” or some other horse escrement excuse to try to cloud the fact that they are cheating.

Also, to help you PLM guys out, if ur gonna use the e@@ on my base with jumps, you might want to code the drop point for your e@@ closer than 30 tiles away from the nearest shield.

“Just trying to inform the idiotic”


bob1084
Commodore
Posts: 104

Re: Too Many False Cheating Reports

Post#12 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:29 am

DarkRebel wrote:
Forceisweaknyou wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:We are only human, and sometimes it’s hard to only discuss based solely on the topic and not who posted it. (Yes, it’s hypocrisy, I know).

I do agree with many of the points in this topic.

Yes the hypocrisy is mind boggling. PartyLikeCheater, the most prolific cheater in the history of the game, is complaining about cheating allegations. I agree with some of the points as well, but what's next? Death Striker telling us not to use colors in posts? Spock telling us not to use Star Trek names? Darth Plagueis telling us to not post so frequently?

It’s not direct hypocrisy.
This topic is more about false accusations. In a way, it was for defending the victims of the false accusations (which I read between the lines that he was also a target of a similar false accusations in the past, so it’s not totally contradictory).
Now if the topic had been about accusing others of cheating, then it would have been total hypocrisy.

Just because I disagreed with him about the use of bots and macros in PVP, that I discard everything else that he wrote.


And yes you should dismiss everything that comes out of that things mouth. Less reports of cheating means Disney believes cheating is less prevalent... meaning the leaderboards are still riddled with PLM players when everyone knows they are cheating.


User avatar
mkenobi
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1066

Re: Too Many False Cheating Reports

Post#13 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:13 am

PartyLikeVader (PartyLikeCheater or whatever) talking about cheaters again?

Coming from the cheater king may can give this post some credibility about cheating when you know the thing you are talking about... Despite the fact he is a well known cheater that uses macros to keep his minis attacking in endless loops in conflicts or PvP, everything he wrote is correct.

Most players don't read the forum, don't read comments in sites about gaming, don't participate in chat groups in Line, Discord, Facebook or WhatsApp. They just are trying to play the game. And when you don't play the game for so long and you are not familiared with bugs and all problems game have, first thing you can think is the rival is cheating.

And there's nothing wrong in run minis to win over rivals below their level. There's nothing in the game policy that obligues you to build all building or upgrade all buildings, or unlock and upgrade all units. Don't blame any player for bulding Minis ou Sandbaggings bases, blame the stupid matchmaking that forces players to use minis/sandbaggings to survive in the game.

I have a sandbagging Rebel base to help my Rebel HQ 9 with donate/receive troops. I'm building now an Imperial mini base to help my Imperial base that's reaching HQ 10 today.

You can't like the person, but give him the right of express himself. But if you really want to talk about cheating, a mea culpa about using minis with macros would be a good start.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)


User avatar
Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1228

Re: Too Many False Cheating Reports

Post#14 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:34 pm

mkenobi wrote:PartyLikeVader (PartyLikeCheater or whatever) talking about cheaters again?

Coming from the cheater king may can give this post some credibility about cheating when you know the thing you are talking about... Despite the fact he is a well known cheater that uses macros to keep his minis attacking in endless loops in conflicts or PvP, everything he wrote is correct.

Most players don't read the forum, don't read comments in sites about gaming, don't participate in chat groups in Line, Discord, Facebook or WhatsApp. They just are trying to play the game. And when you don't play the game for so long and you are not familiared with bugs and all problems game have, first thing you can think is the rival is cheating.

And there's nothing wrong in run minis to win over rivals below their level. There's nothing in the game policy that obligues you to build all building or upgrade all buildings, or unlock and upgrade all units. Don't blame any player for bulding Minis ou Sandbaggings bases, blame the stupid matchmaking that forces players to use minis/sandbaggings to survive in the game.

I have a sandbagging Rebel base to help my Rebel HQ 9 with donate/receive troops. I'm building now an Imperial mini base to help my Imperial base that's reaching HQ 10 today.

You can't like the person, but give him the right of express himself. But if you really want to talk about cheating, a mea culpa about using minis with macros would be a good start.

Solid points
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.
Image


darthdoodie
Commodore
Posts: 211

Re: Too Many False Cheating Reports

Post#15 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:32 pm

Plagueis wrote:How many people do you think have complained about PLV cheating by manipulating the match making algorithm (cheating isn’t just software manipulation) and WHY would someone from PLV suddenly give a rip about people complaining about cheaters? Exactly. So I will absolutely dismiss based on the poster AND the content and have every right and justification to do so.


Did you bother to read my post or simply stick to your pretence? No idea how many have complained about this guy. What I do know is no one has presented any evidence on this forum that would cause any decent case handler to act against PLV. Given they are still in the game, this confirms that there are no complaints worthy of action (Note, this does not mean they are not guilty). We know Disney DO act on cheating allegations...GIAVA being a notable, recent example. Serg, another. If you have some evidence of cheating, present it.

As others have said in this very thread, despite disliking the OP, the content is actually relevant. Your point about mini bases is irrelevant (many carry out this practise, not just PLV). Disney does not consider it cheating, so your dislike of the practise is simply that...not cheating.

As for the timing of the thread, there have been a number of cheating allegations recently....people thinking dev bases are a cheat based on low loot. Strange occurrences in Wars relating to OPs or capturing uplinks against OPs, etc. This is due to a lack of experience or information on their behalf. Not everyone has been playing SWC for 2 years, or been on the forum for many months. Other's have mentioned it, I will reiterate - numerous, baseless complaints about cheating removes Dev resources from the game, leading to a poorer product. Educating people on cheating, and how to present a case to Disney benefits all SWC players.

Another TL;DR
You've made no salient points so I'm dismissing you based on your content :lol:


User avatar
Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1228

Re: Too Many False Cheating Reports

Post#16 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:00 pm

darthdoodie wrote:
Plagueis wrote:How many people do you think have complained about PLV cheating by manipulating the match making algorithm (cheating isn’t just software manipulation) and WHY would someone from PLV suddenly give a rip about people complaining about cheaters? Exactly. So I will absolutely dismiss based on the poster AND the content and have every right and justification to do so.


Did you bother to read my post or simply stick to your pretence? No idea how many have complained about this guy. What I do know is no one has presented any evidence on this forum that would cause any decent case handler to act against PLV. Given they are still in the game, this confirms that there are no complaints worthy of action (Note, this does not mean they are not guilty). We know Disney DO act on cheating allegations...GIAVA being a notable, recent example. Serg, another. If you have some evidence of cheating, present it.

As others have said in this very thread, despite disliking the OP, the content is actually relevant. Your point about mini bases is irrelevant (many carry out this practise, not just PLV). Disney does not consider it cheating, so your dislike of the practise is simply that...not cheating.

As for the timing of the thread, there have been a number of cheating allegations recently....people thinking dev bases are a cheat based on low loot. Strange occurrences in Wars relating to OPs or capturing uplinks against OPs, etc. This is due to a lack of experience or information on their behalf. Not everyone has been playing SWC for 2 years, or been on the forum for many months. Other's have mentioned it, I will reiterate - numerous, baseless complaints about cheating removes Dev resources from the game, leading to a poorer product. Educating people on cheating, and how to present a case to Disney benefits all SWC players.

Another TL;DR
You've made no salient points so I'm dismissing you based on your content :lol:

At least 2 PLV accounts have been banned: Umadbro and Anarchy, which was banned 2 days after my submittal. Both names reappeared with different colors weeks later.
-Keeping the community informed...
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.
Image


Plagueis
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1395

Re: Too Many False Cheating Reports

Post#17 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:09 pm

darthdoodie wrote:
Plagueis wrote:How many people do you think have complained about PLV cheating by manipulating the match making algorithm (cheating isn’t just software manipulation) and WHY would someone from PLV suddenly give a rip about people complaining about cheaters? Exactly. So I will absolutely dismiss based on the poster AND the content and have every right and justification to do so.


Did you bother to read my post or simply stick to your pretence? No idea how many have complained about this guy. What I do know is no one has presented any evidence on this forum that would cause any decent case handler to act against PLV. Given they are still in the game, this confirms that there are no complaints worthy of action (Note, this does not mean they are not guilty). We know Disney DO act on cheating allegations...GIAVA being a notable, recent example. Serg, another. If you have some evidence of cheating, present it.

As others have said in this very thread, despite disliking the OP, the content is actually relevant. Your point about mini bases is irrelevant (many carry out this practise, not just PLV). Disney does not consider it cheating, so your dislike of the practise is simply that...not cheating.

As for the timing of the thread, there have been a number of cheating allegations recently....people thinking dev bases are a cheat based on low loot. Strange occurrences in Wars relating to OPs or capturing uplinks against OPs, etc. This is due to a lack of experience or information on their behalf. Not everyone has been playing SWC for 2 years, or been on the forum for many months. Other's have mentioned it, I will reiterate - numerous, baseless complaints about cheating removes Dev resources from the game, leading to a poorer product. Educating people on cheating, and how to present a case to Disney benefits all SWC players.

Another TL;DR
You've made no salient points so I'm dismissing you based on your content :lol:


The suddenness and randomness of the OP is fishy enough. It has every trait of a CYA response and the fact that it even was posted says that the poster realises what they are doing could be considered cheating and is either trying to quell and discredit complaints that come through this forum OR is trying to say “I’ve been against cheating all along, so I couldn’t possibly be a cheater too”. Disney may ignore 1-3 reports, but they would probably take note of 50-60 properly submitted reports. Those “official” reports are a lot harder to turn in and many players wouldn’t go that far or would get discouraged to fully and properly report an instance of cheating.

WHY CREATE THIS TOPIC? It’s not like other forum members don’t tell “cheat” reporters to not trust the replays! And there really aren’t that many (if any) posts listing error numbers and calling them “cheats”. I highly doubt the OP was out of the goodness of his cheating heart.
Last edited by Plagueis on Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.


darthdoodie
Commodore
Posts: 211

Re: Too Many False Cheating Reports

Post#18 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:19 pm

Forceisweaknyou wrote:At least 2 PLV accounts have been banned: Umadbro and Anarchy, which was banned 2 days after my submittal. Both names reappeared with different colors weeks later.
-Keeping the community informed...


Good to know, cheers for the info
Very striker-esque


darthdoodie
Commodore
Posts: 211

Re: Too Many False Cheating Reports

Post#19 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:48 pm

Plagueis wrote:The suddenness and randomness of the OP is fishy enough. It has every trait of a CYA response and the fact that it even was posted says that the poster realises what they are doing could be considered cheating and is either trying to quell and discredit complaints that come through this forum OR is trying to say “I’ve been against cheating all along, so I couldn’t possibly be a cheater too”. Disney may ignore 1-3 reports, but they would probably take note of 50-60 properly submitted reports. Those “official” reports are a lot harder to turn in and many players wouldn’t go that far or would get discouraged to fully and properly report an instance of cheating.

WHY CREATE THIS TOPIC? It’s not like other forum members don’t tell “cheat” reporters to not trust the replays! And there really aren’t that many (if any) posts listing error numbers and calling them “cheats”. I highly doubt the OP was out of the goodness of his cheating heart.


It is not sudden, nor random
Two days ago, this thread was resurrected.
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20393
Did you notice it? Do you believe a cheat was used?

A few days earlier, this thread was created
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=23065
Do you believe there was cheating involved?

This thread is constantly being updated, often with easily explained glitches
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=16772&start=450

This thread was started less than a week ago
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=23059
Any cheating in there?

There seems to be a rise in cheating allegations, and in almost all cases, these are replay glitches or other common occurrences that veteran players are well aware of. I'm sure many frequent forum users have noticed this, I certainly had. It took me all of 2 minutes to find these threads.

You've made a bunch of assertions or assumptions regarding the OP, with nothing to back it up.

As I've said from the start, if you have an issue with the content (are the error codes wrong? Are there other explanations?), then address those. I can't find anything odd with the post, else I would have mentioned it. Blindly dismissing what may be knowledge to you, but clearly isn't well known to many others (see above referenced threads), is detrimental. Or to put it another way, if someone else had posted the same content, would you have an issue with it?


Plagueis
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1395

Re: Too Many False Cheating Reports

Post#20 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:10 pm

Thanks for posting chat links that seem to be missing those error codes the OP mentioned and instead are full of the typical glitchy gameplay SWC is famous for. We experienced players assume they’re glitches but to less experienced players, they do look like hacks. Some actually are. That’s why they need to be reported. Odds are Disney isn’t going to ban you if a newer player files a complaint because you stole their 5k CB and the replay doesn’t jive with the result. Now if Disney gets word that YOU specifically are listed on 10-20 complaints then there’s a case for disciplinary action. At the very least, sending reports puts these glitches and bugs on Disney’s radar and hopefully their priority to fix. I sent one in a month ago regarding Kessen and his 90 degree shot targeting against active dekas. Was it a cheat and was it the fault of the player who repeatedly used that behavior full knowingly against my base? No to kessen and sort of to the player exploiting it, but whatever. But I reported the issue with kessen to shut down that exploit. Personally, I don’t care if people vent about glitches and bugs on the forum. They’re confused and come here for answers to those questions and everything else. Kinda the point of a forum right? IMO it’s better to direct them to the proper channels, even if it means repeating that same advice 1000 times.


Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bertoni, BLOODYRANCOR, Facebook [Bot], Lynch, strawman3125 and 46 guests