Too Many False Cheating Reports

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
User avatar
PartylikeVader
Captain
Posts: 84

Too Many False Cheating Reports

Post#1 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:00 pm

Too many players of late are complaining of “cheating”. These players ignorantly dismiss known problems with the game and act like experts. It is a fact glitches and game errors exist. For example:

Error 1204 occurs periodically when you build troops too fast, particularly when crystalling troops. It is an automatic anti-cheat precaution built into the game.

Error 1215 occurs immediately upon dropping troops or in the middle of combat. This is another anti-cheat precaution. It is seen when HQ units are deployed or troops are dropped too quickly.

Error 1221 is another similar such error that occurs immediately upon dropping troops.

Glitches exist. Lag exists. Invisible announcements exist. Bugs exist. They exist in PvP, PvE, Squad Wars, donating units, and receiving units. There are a variety of issues present in the game that are old, and there are new ones that appear with new content additions.

Did you know that just because YOU havent experienced a particular glitch or bug, doesn’t mean it is fake?

Did you know that for any given “cheater” claim, there are a dozen reasonable explanations that cast doubt on the allegation they are cheating?

Did you know that just because Disney didn’t give the response YOU felt entitled to, doesn’t make them callous or evil? I understand it’s hard to accept being wrong, but most finger pointing is hasty and mistaken.

Disney handles all cheating reports similarly: forward to developer team for investigation. It is a fact disciplinary action is taken, as commanders suspected of cheating have been visibly banned on conflict leaderboards for the community to see.

There are individuals so majorly butthurt over losing 20k contraband that they feel Disney not instantly banning the person who attacked them means Disney doesn’t care. Other individuals attribute losing or tying results in a squad war to cheating, because they can’t accept that maybe someone or some squad has more skill than them. These players won’t ever be happy unless Disney literally massage their asses and gives them free crystals to compensate for their butthurt.

Disney has the tools to do a proper investigation and determine if cheating is at work. The “new breed” of entitled commanders in SWC cry cheating over everything. Disney didn’t agree with your experience? You didn’t like their answer? Boo hoo. There are many knowledgeable members of the community sharing logic and insight far, far greater than the laughable stories shared on the forum. Disney not banning who YOU feel is cheating is probably a good indicator you are wrong.

Which is more likely: the universe made an error in your favor OR you are under a misapprehension?
Rath Severus
Leader of PartylikeVader


Plagueis
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1395

Re: Too Many False Cheating Reports

Post#2 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:37 pm

What would your consider deliberately keeping your base score low in order to only be matched against players who have no possibility of winning against you on offense or defense? And yet you lecture us on complaing about cheating.

Irony right here


User avatar
Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1228

Re: Too Many False Cheating Reports

Post#3 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:21 pm

Plagueis wrote:What would your consider deliberately keeping your base score low in order to only be matched against players who have no possibility of winning against you on offense or defense? And yet you lecture us on complaing about cheating.

Irony right here

+1. The most prolific cheater in the history of the game has no right to address the issue.
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.
Image


darthdoodie
Commodore
Posts: 211

Re: Too Many False Cheating Reports

Post#4 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:48 pm

Plagueis wrote:What would your consider deliberately keeping your base score low in order to only be matched against players who have no possibility of winning against you on offense or defense? And yet you lecture us on complaing about cheating.

Irony right here


(Legally) exploiting the matchmaking algorithm?
Its ironic that you, of all people, dismisses a post based on the poster, rather than the content.

I wanted to post this a while ago, but couldn't be bothered. With a large number of cheating allegations of late, now is a good time.
If Disney is run like a typical company that deals with complaints then, ideally, this will be what happens when you send an allegation of a cheater:
Your complaint will be received by a level 1 case handler (L1; i.e. the support person who receives and answers your query, e.g. Charis). It is their aim to close cases as quickly as possible.

If you provide actual evidence of a cheat, the bare minimum being battle log, replay and approximate time of attack, L1 will evaluate the evidence quickly and determine if it is enough to escalate it to the level 2 case hander (i.e. the Devs).

If there was not enough evidence, L1 will ask you for more information, in order to escalate.

If/when the evidence provided is sufficient, L1 will transfer the case to the Devs who will investigate and act. They can close the case themselves, or transfer it back to L1 if they need more information. You (the consumer) will almost never have contact with a level 2 case handler.

That is the ideal situation, or SOP. In reality, what will happen is:
Complaint is registered by L1. If there is sufficient evidence of a cheat, they escalate to Devs.
If there is not enough evidence and L1 is feeling in a good mood, they will ask you for more info.
Alternatively, if they have been doing the job for a while, they will send you a generic response along the lines of "we take cheating seriously and have escalated your complaint for investigation. Please note you wont be notified if or when any action is taken".
They will then file your complaint away, close the case and NOT escalate it as Devs don't want to be bothered by weak allegations. L1s almost always have a KPI around time to close cases.

So if you want to send a cheater allegation to Disney, provide evidence in order for your complaint to be taken seriously. Otherwise, there is a good chance you will be dismissed.

TL;DR:
Play the ball, not the man (in regards to responding to posts)
Back up cheating allegations with real evidence.


Plagueis
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1395

Re: Too Many False Cheating Reports

Post#5 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:28 am

darthdoodie wrote:
Plagueis wrote:What would your consider deliberately keeping your base score low in order to only be matched against players who have no possibility of winning against you on offense or defense? And yet you lecture us on complaing about cheating.

Irony right here


(Legally) exploiting the matchmaking algorithm?
Its ironic that you, of all people, dismisses a post based on the poster, rather than the content.

I wanted to post this a while ago, but couldn't be bothered. With a large number of cheating allegations of late, now is a good time.
If Disney is run like a typical company that deals with complaints then, ideally, this will be what happens when you send an allegation of a cheater:
Your complaint will be received by a level 1 case handler (L1; i.e. the support person who receives and answers your query, e.g. Charis). It is their aim to close cases as quickly as possible.

If you provide actual evidence of a cheat, the bare minimum being battle log, replay and approximate time of attack, L1 will evaluate the evidence quickly and determine if it is enough to escalate it to the level 2 case hander (i.e. the Devs).

If there was not enough evidence, L1 will ask you for more information, in order to escalate.

If/when the evidence provided is sufficient, L1 will transfer the case to the Devs who will investigate and act. They can close the case themselves, or transfer it back to L1 if they need more information. You (the consumer) will almost never have contact with a level 2 case handler.

That is the ideal situation, or SOP. In reality, what will happen is:
Complaint is registered by L1. If there is sufficient evidence of a cheat, they escalate to Devs.
If there is not enough evidence and L1 is feeling in a good mood, they will ask you for more info.
Alternatively, if they have been doing the job for a while, they will send you a generic response along the lines of "we take cheating seriously and have escalated your complaint for investigation. Please note you wont be notified if or when any action is taken".
They will then file your complaint away, close the case and NOT escalate it as Devs don't want to be bothered by weak allegations. L1s almost always have a KPI around time to close cases.

So if you want to send a cheater allegation to Disney, provide evidence in order for your complaint to be taken seriously. Otherwise, there is a good chance you will be dismissed.

TL;DR:
Play the ball, not the man (in regards to responding to posts)
Back up cheating allegations with real evidence.


How many people do you think have complained about PLV cheating by manipulating the match making algorithm (cheating isn’t just software manipulation) and WHY would someone from PLV suddenly give a rip about people complaining about cheaters? Exactly. So I will absolutely dismiss based on the poster AND the content and have every right and justification to do so.


User avatar
Spirit
Major General
Posts: 272

Re: Too Many False Cheating Reports

Post#6 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:28 am

PartylikeVader wrote:Too many players of late are complaining of “cheating”. These players ignorantly dismiss known problems with the game and act like experts. It is a fact glitches and game errors exist. For example:

Error 1204 occurs periodically when you build troops too fast, particularly when crystalling troops. It is an automatic anti-cheat precaution built into the game.

Error 1215 occurs immediately upon dropping troops or in the middle of combat. This is another anti-cheat precaution. It is seen when HQ units are deployed or troops are dropped too quickly.

Error 1221 is another similar such error that occurs immediately upon dropping troops.

Glitches exist. Lag exists. Invisible announcements exist. Bugs exist. They exist in PvP, PvE, Squad Wars, donating units, and receiving units. There are a variety of issues present in the game that are old, and there are new ones that appear with new content additions.

Did you know that just because YOU havent experienced a particular glitch or bug, doesn’t mean it is fake?

Did you know that for any given “cheater” claim, there are a dozen reasonable explanations that cast doubt on the allegation they are cheating?

Did you know that just because Disney didn’t give the response YOU felt entitled to, doesn’t make them callous or evil? I understand it’s hard to accept being wrong, but most finger pointing is hasty and mistaken.

Disney handles all cheating reports similarly: forward to developer team for investigation. It is a fact disciplinary action is taken, as commanders suspected of cheating have been visibly banned on conflict leaderboards for the community to see.

There are individuals so majorly butthurt over losing 20k contraband that they feel Disney not instantly banning the person who attacked them means Disney doesn’t care. Other individuals attribute losing or tying results in a squad war to cheating, because they can’t accept that maybe someone or some squad has more skill than them. These players won’t ever be happy unless Disney literally massage their asses and gives them free crystals to compensate for their butthurt.

Disney has the tools to do a proper investigation and determine if cheating is at work. The “new breed” of entitled commanders in SWC cry cheating over everything. Disney didn’t agree with your experience? You didn’t like their answer? Boo hoo. There are many knowledgeable members of the community sharing logic and insight far, far greater than the laughable stories shared on the forum. Disney not banning who YOU feel is cheating is probably a good indicator you are wrong.

Which is more likely: the universe made an error in your favor OR you are under a misapprehension?



Well said. +100000
An Amazon player, squeezing every last minute from the game..
Member of IMP.ARMY. An Imperial hotel and resort. A place to relax with no pressure. Drop in for a while, but reservation for dinner is recommended.


User avatar
Harshit
Commodore
Posts: 221

Re: Too Many False Cheating Reports

Post#7 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:31 am

Spirit wrote:
PartylikeVader wrote:Too many players of late are complaining of “cheating”. These players ignorantly dismiss known problems with the game and act like experts. It is a fact glitches and game errors exist. For example:

Error 1204 occurs periodically when you build troops too fast, particularly when crystalling troops. It is an automatic anti-cheat precaution built into the game.

Error 1215 occurs immediately upon dropping troops or in the middle of combat. This is another anti-cheat precaution. It is seen when HQ units are deployed or troops are dropped too quickly.

Error 1221 is another similar such error that occurs immediately upon dropping troops.

Glitches exist. Lag exists. Invisible announcements exist. Bugs exist. They exist in PvP, PvE, Squad Wars, donating units, and receiving units. There are a variety of issues present in the game that are old, and there are new ones that appear with new content additions.

Did you know that just because YOU havent experienced a particular glitch or bug, doesn’t mean it is fake?

Did you know that for any given “cheater” claim, there are a dozen reasonable explanations that cast doubt on the allegation they are cheating?

Did you know that just because Disney didn’t give the response YOU felt entitled to, doesn’t make them callous or evil? I understand it’s hard to accept being wrong, but most finger pointing is hasty and mistaken.

Disney handles all cheating reports similarly: forward to developer team for investigation. It is a fact disciplinary action is taken, as commanders suspected of cheating have been visibly banned on conflict leaderboards for the community to see.

There are individuals so majorly butthurt over losing 20k contraband that they feel Disney not instantly banning the person who attacked them means Disney doesn’t care. Other individuals attribute losing or tying results in a squad war to cheating, because they can’t accept that maybe someone or some squad has more skill than them. These players won’t ever be happy unless Disney literally massage their asses and gives them free crystals to compensate for their butthurt.

Disney has the tools to do a proper investigation and determine if cheating is at work. The “new breed” of entitled commanders in SWC cry cheating over everything. Disney didn’t agree with your experience? You didn’t like their answer? Boo hoo. There are many knowledgeable members of the community sharing logic and insight far, far greater than the laughable stories shared on the forum. Disney not banning who YOU feel is cheating is probably a good indicator you are wrong.

Which is more likely: the universe made an error in your favor OR you are under a misapprehension?



Well said. +100000

+100000
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.


DarkRebel
Admiral
Posts: 986

Re: Too Many False Cheating Reports

Post#8 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:15 am

We are only human, and sometimes it’s hard to only discuss based solely on the topic and not who posted it. (Yes, it’s hypocrisy, I know).

I do agree with many of the points in this topic.


User avatar
Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1228

Re: Too Many False Cheating Reports

Post#9 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:04 am

DarkRebel wrote:We are only human, and sometimes it’s hard to only discuss based solely on the topic and not who posted it. (Yes, it’s hypocrisy, I know).

I do agree with many of the points in this topic.

Yes the hypocrisy is mind boggling. PartyLikeCheater, the most prolific cheater in the history of the game, is complaining about cheating allegations. I agree with some of the points as well, but what's next? Death Striker telling us not to use colors in posts? Spock telling us not to use Star Trek names? Darth Plagueis telling us to not post so frequently?
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.
Image


DarkRebel
Admiral
Posts: 986

Re: Too Many False Cheating Reports

Post#10 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:19 am

Forceisweaknyou wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:We are only human, and sometimes it’s hard to only discuss based solely on the topic and not who posted it. (Yes, it’s hypocrisy, I know).

I do agree with many of the points in this topic.

Yes the hypocrisy is mind boggling. PartyLikeCheater, the most prolific cheater in the history of the game, is complaining about cheating allegations. I agree with some of the points as well, but what's next? Death Striker telling us not to use colors in posts? Spock telling us not to use Star Trek names? Darth Plagueis telling us to not post so frequently?

It’s not direct hypocrisy.
This topic is more about false accusations. In a way, it was for defending the victims of the false accusations (which I read between the lines that he was also a target of a similar false accusations in the past, so it’s not totally contradictory).
Now if the topic had been about accusing others of cheating, then it would have been total hypocrisy.

Just because I disagreed with him about the use of bots and macros in PVP, that I discard everything else that he wrote.


Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], Badtoro, Josketer, NazgulNick, PhoenixAZ1899, SleeperSim12, thecursedpit and 48 guests