SQUAD WAR: Hacker or Twilight Zone - You Decide

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Jambo1
Storm Trooper
Posts: 3

SQUAD WAR: Hacker or Twilight Zone - You Decide

Post#1 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:16 pm

Hacker or twilight Zone you decide

Today our Squad Blueforce_EC was at war with a team that Ranks Number 6. Great an opportunity for us to get some practice against a strong squad. Because we knew that would beat us we let them take 45 and began our task of trying to do the same. After we got about 30 uplinks some very strange things started happening. First both Dandoren and Takodana swap sides from ours to them no records of them recover or any of our team, most of us on at the same time and we all didn’t see it. So we took them back. Then at about 39 uplinks two of their players took both Takodana and Dandoren this time and then shortly after Hoth. At this point the planets all swapped back to our side but we couldn’t attack with the OP perks and worse yet we can’t do anything to recover the planets because they all show as ours but no one from our team recovers them.

A few other strange things happened as well but we’re fairly sure we got hacked by a cheating squad.. any thoughts?
Last edited by DeathStriker on Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Title To Better Reflect Topic - Added Original Title to Main Topic Post


Schruaf
Commodore
Posts: 237

Re: Hacker or twilight Zone you decide

Post#2 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:57 pm

I doubt a hack.

But we too noticed at our last war that the factory outposts make more problems since the last update.
For some in the squad the factories change with a huge timedelay or not at all. Sometimes a restart helps, but not always. Going so far as they want to get the outposts, but can't attack it cause they get a messange it is already at our side, despite it is still with the rival at the screen and when you attack an rival it is with the rival too, but you can't attack it.


User avatar
Spirit
Commodore
Posts: 236

Re: Hacker or twilight Zone you decide

Post#3 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:47 am

Agree with Schrauf that it seems to be a glitch. During hectic times in some wars, it can often be the case that the scores are different, attacks on OPs and enemy can take a long time to update or not even show until you log back in.
Player name Ghost. A level 10 Imperial hitman. Feel the force.

Member of TeaBagAJedi join us

Reps needed please.....


Fritzie
Commander
Posts: 29

Re: Hacker or twilight Zone you decide

Post#4 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:48 am

I haven't noticed it exactly like this, but some time ago I had a mediocre connection and I too saw the problem of ops switching sides way too late. At some point I even captured the rebel-version of Tato, while I am a rebel myself. Didn't cost me an attack and it turned out to already be on our side, but it shows that there are some strange things possible with the ops.


rawrebel
Commodore
Posts: 229

Re: Hacker or twilight Zone you decide

Post#5 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:58 am

Best of all was when my squad was signed with 48 links! Unbeatable!


Schruaf
Commodore
Posts: 237

Re: Hacker or twilight Zone you decide

Post#6 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:10 am

rawrebel wrote:Best of all was when my squad was signed with 48 links! Unbeatable!

Wrong! We once had a score of 52:3 :-)

Ok after a restart it was back to 45:3.


User avatar
mkenobi
Admiral
Posts: 980

Re: Hacker or twilight Zone you decide

Post#7 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:24 am

Spirit wrote:Agree with Schrauf that it seems to be a glitch. During hectic times in some wars, it can often be the case that the scores are different, attacks on OPs and enemy can take a long time to update or not even show until you log back in.

There's a huge delay in show chats, requests and war messages between game clients on different platforms. I think Gameroom is the worst, with a great delay that can reach 1min or more, or never show what is hapenning at that moment. Need to reload, not 1 but sometimes 2, 3 times. Same with a few game clients on Android.

When you turn on game notifications, you also see the delay between the notification and the message being showed on your game screen. When you play Wars with two accounts and both on different platforms you can realize this better.

This hapenned to me in the past wars, while I play as Rebel with different accounts on Gameroom and Android. I captured the OP with my Android acc, but I needed to wait more than 1min on Gameroom to see the OP swaping to our side and attack with my 2nd acc; in this meantime the enemy is already attacking the OP or even already had it recaptured.

In other occasion, the enemy captured an OP, and I tried to recapture it but I couldn't... Then I reload game and I saw the OP already had been recaptured by a squadmate.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)


DarkRebel
Admiral
Posts: 932

Re: SQUAD WAR: Hacker or Twilight Zone - You Decide

Post#8 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:02 am

Same here. Lag was so bad for my last war that the OP was taken, and stolen back by the opponent before we had a chance to attack. Then the 2 messages (OP captured, re-captured) appeared at the same time.


User avatar
Pirate
Major General
Posts: 496

Re: SQUAD WAR: Hacker or Twilight Zone - You Decide

Post#9 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:53 am

Jambo1 wrote:A few other strange things happened as well but we’re fairly sure we got hacked by a cheating squad.. any thoughts?

We saw the same thing with outposts in the last war.

Why assume it's a cheat? When something weird happens in this game, 99% chance it is a glitch, 1% chance it is a cheat.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor


User avatar
AdmiralPiett
Commodore
Posts: 166

Re: SQUAD WAR: Hacker or Twilight Zone - You Decide

Post#10 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:23 pm

Pirate wrote:
Jambo1 wrote:A few other strange things happened as well but we’re fairly sure we got hacked by a cheating squad.. any thoughts?

We saw the same thing with outposts in the last war.

Why assume it's a cheat? When something weird happens in this game, 99% chance it is a glitch, 1% chance it is a cheat.

Agreed
ADMIRAL PIETT - HQ10 MAXED - 40K MEDALS

Proud member Of ChaosWolfPck

CONTACT ME HERE:-

DISCORD - #9666
LINE - zeryabprime


Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], CommonCrawl [Bot], DotNetDotCom.org [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Harshit, ObiTwo, Tamarack, Yandex [Bot] and 45 guests