What have they done to HDs?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Nevermind
Commodore

What have they done to HDs?

Post#1 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:08 pm

I thought this game couldn't possibly get any worse but after logging in and activating all the buffs, I now find it almost impossible to get three stars on HD even with all heroes deployed. Any else getting this? What have they done?

Boog
Grand Admiral

Re: What have they done to HDs?

Post#2 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:37 pm

They neutered your turrets. Lopped the balls right off.

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#3 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:18 pm

They keep changing the HD difficulty everytime they do a massive nerf/buff update in the game... I have my Imp HQ9 base layout for HD (top north) but modified to try win defenses also in PvP (what I can do thanks to Rodians and MHCs in SC and GR)... Before the RFT nerf apocalipse i used to win all Bronzium Crates sitting and watching without use air, heroes or SC, and only IDTs if I had enough alloy to reset both traps.

Now, is like there was an increase in difficult again due to the Burst/Mortar turrets buff, and I'm close to 30% against vehicles + infantry and infantry raids. I need to keep an eye in every battle and be fast in deploying a hero or use a Striker to ensure I get the Bronzium.

I know when I reach HQ 10 in a few days I won't be able to win Bronzium in HDs for a long time, until max out my defenses again -- if I do that. And while I do not do HDs anymore for any other accounts, I really don't care about HDs and many other things in the game like Objectives for an example...
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ10 in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ10 / HQ8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

Zach
Commodore

Post#4 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:17 pm

Nevermind wrote:I thought this game couldn't possibly get any worse but after logging in and activating all the buffs, I now find it almost impossible to get three stars on HD even with all heroes deployed. Any else getting this? What have they done?

If u have rapid turrets on both sides you’re screwed lol!!

lc77
Commodore

Post#5 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:28 pm

Boog wrote:They neutered your turrets. Lopped the balls right off.

They didn't just take the goolies. :o

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#6 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:26 pm

Nevermind wrote:I thought this game couldn't possibly get any worse but after logging in and activating all the buffs, I now find it almost impossible to get three stars on HD even with all heroes deployed. Any else getting this? What have they done?

Depends what turrets you are using. If you still have rapids they have become pretty much useless. Switch to bursts.
I recently moved to lvl 10 and all my turrets are still 9 so I am finding I have to deploy SC plus 3 heros to 3 star.
There are 3 different heroics. I find the one with no intro the easiest, followed by the one with Saponza intro, followed by the one with Kosh which seems to be the hardest.
Main Account: Bacon (level 10). LINE ID: sgu97cab
Second account: nEggs (level 8)
Squad - NewSithEmpire

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#7 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:45 pm

All I can say is this: drop that SC fast, real fast. Fast as you can fast.

Spider1g
Lieutenant

Post#8 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:23 pm

I don't know what an HD is but lately I draw level 9 players for every battle ... I am a level 8 I cant match that and get even close to 3 stars ... the match maker thing is broken .. but then maybe not for the Rebels because I got steam rolled by a 9 just today or maybe he was a 10 I don't know but the game is broken and seriously they soon wont be getting my money I will just blow it off and stop playing.

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#9 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:59 pm

I managed to find a balance at HQ that nets me between 15-22% on HDs without using heroes, dekas or air. I’m also having really good luck with pvp defenses. It probably can be done at lower HQ levels too, especially with heroes, air and dekas. Either way, you’re probably not going to get those 3-stars unless you run an “HD” style corner layout. A word of advise: Count your buildings and tailor how many % you’ll lose if an attacker comes from a certain direction. Make attackers want to go the way you want them to and you’ll win more PVP defenses. Don’t allow HD troops to destroy too many of your buildings and you’ll 3-star. It’s as simple as that. If you go with a top corner layout and avoid leaving any 4 space “cubes”, all HD troops will deply south of your base and you can tailor your defenses to that. Last tip: Run buffed walls and make one solid wall in front of your turrets. HD troops absolutely suck against buffed walls.

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#10 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:04 pm

Spider1g wrote:I don't know what an HD is but lately I draw level 9 players for every battle ... I am a level 8 I cant match that and get even close to 3 stars ... the match maker thing is broken .. but then maybe not for the Rebels because I got steam rolled by a 9 just today or maybe he was a 10 I don't know but the game is broken and seriously they soon wont be getting my money I will just blow it off and stop playing.

HD = Heroic Defense.

Check out my tips. If you’re getting rolled by high level players, you might as well focus on doing as many heroic defenses as you can to get your frag count up. Keep in mind, you can also use your squad center troops for these things. Request Rodian or tognath snipers and deploy them at the back of your corner base so the bikes can’t get ‘em.

Return to “General Discussions”