Saving a Dying Squad

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
User avatar
lukeskywalker
Admiral
Posts: 650

Re: Saving a Dying Squad

Post#41 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:08 pm

DarthCerious wrote:Sorry, I thought it would list it somewhere. The squad is neworder238. I have already added one new squad, but it is lvl 2 and I need to up it a few levels before a squad war.

Did something happen to neworder238? I saw it being filled, but it's down back to one member again.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 25+ members, and we war twice a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!


User avatar
GlockShanty
Captain
Posts: 68

Re: Saving a Dying Squad

Post#42 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:59 pm

lukeskywalker wrote:Did something happen to neworder238? I saw it being filled, but it's down back to one member again.


The general problem with this new era of internet benevolence is that once the initial virtue-signalling fuzziness has worn off and the enormity of the task at hand is realised, a lot of people don't stick around and they just leave. They've got the instant gratification feeling of "helping" they wanted and now it's worn off, they are looking for their next warm and fuzzy hit to satisfy their craving.

It's not specific to SWC, it's across the interwebs. I'm guessing that's what happened to that squad. I checked GSOW just now and they have 3 members, but the leader hasn't checked into the game in nearly 6 days.
Playing since August 2014


User avatar
lukeskywalker
Admiral
Posts: 650

Re: Saving a Dying Squad

Post#43 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:19 pm

GlockShanty wrote:
lukeskywalker wrote:Did something happen to neworder238? I saw it being filled, but it's down back to one member again.


The general problem with this new era of internet benevolence is that once the initial virtue-signalling fuzziness has worn off and the enormity of the task at hand is realized, a lot of people don't stick around and they just leave. They've got the instant gratification feeling of "helping" they wanted and now it's worn off, they are looking for their next warm and fuzzy hit to satisfy their craving.

It's not specific to SWC, it's across the interwebs. I'm guessing that's what happened to that squad. I checked GSOW just now and they have 3 members, but the leader hasn't checked into the game in nearly 6 days.


Yeah, I have my Imp bases in an inactive squad. There's about 13 remaining players, but 7 or 8 of them have not been on in a week or more. I don't mind it, since I already have enough to do with our Rebel squad. I just wanted my Imp bases to be in a squad where it was at least level 40+ and had perks covering the donation limits and planet hopping. Three of the active bases in that squad are mine. There are two others that are on every day, but never request or donate, so I'm not sure what their story is. The leader is on about once or twice every 2-4 days, and was offline for almost a week at one point. There's no sense in rebuilding this squad, since it's just going to revert back to where it is now.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 25+ members, and we war twice a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!


User avatar
cody33rd
Storm Trooper
Posts: 5

Re: Saving a Dying Squad

Post#44 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:55 am

MK, old friend, I could use some help reviving a dying squad. I found a lvl 45 Reb base with a leader inactive for 25 days. I joined and waited for him to be booted. I only have 2 accounts in the squad. No one is joining. Do you have some available clones to help me out? The squad is Obi-Two. Thanks


User avatar
mkenobi
Grand Admiral
Posts: 2003

Re: Saving a Dying Squad

Post#45 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:30 pm

Hello there! Good to read you again old buddy!

Copy that.

I will give a look this weekend during my researches of 8h for the Event, and I will bring some old clones -- I need a little time to put the back ups into an active Emulator, and we'll see what we can do.

Why did you leave Ewok's?
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation.


User avatar
cody33rd
Storm Trooper
Posts: 5

Re: Saving a Dying Squad

Post#46 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:46 pm

I was busy with work for a month. It's Not good to have an inactive leader, so I gave leadership to guy who I thought was great. I then left the squad so as not to drop them out of featured squads. Ewoks has remained full at 30, they are doing great. I thought it would be fun to start a new squad when I was able to be active again. WRONG, players will not join a new squad. One day coasting the threads, I saw this one about rescuing squads. I searched for a while and found Obi-Two about to die. Figured a lvl 45 squad was better than the lvl 4 I created. Thanks for any help. No rush here. I can donate to myself.


User avatar
Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1474

Re: Saving a Dying Squad

Post#47 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:56 pm

Sometimes it's ok when a squad dies. It may even be celebrated. :D
https://ibb.co/kB9MWVf
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.
Image
Luminous beings are we


DarthStrutter
Captain
Posts: 92

Re: Saving a Dying Squad

Post#48 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:53 pm

I have a mini, Imperial players, and would like to help if i can. Where can i go to take over a high lvl squad on life support?

EDIT:

mkenobi wrote:Hello there! Good to read you again old buddy!

Copy that.

I will give a look this weekend during my researches of 8h for the Event, and I will bring some old clones -- I need a little time to put the back ups into an active Emulator, and we'll see what we can do.

If it's easier you can message me on Line

darthstrutter

This is something i am very interested in please get back with me as soon as possible.

Thank you
Last edited by DeathStriker on Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Combined Back-to-Back Posts - Added "Edit"


User avatar
mkenobi
Grand Admiral
Posts: 2003

Re: Saving a Dying Squad

Post#49 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:44 am

DarthStrutter wrote:I have a mini, Imperial players, and would like to help if i can. Where can i go to take over a high lvl squad on life support?

EDIT:

mkenobi wrote:Hello there! Good to read you again old buddy!

Copy that.

I will give a look this weekend during my researches of 8h for the Event, and I will bring some old clones -- I need a little time to put the back ups into an active Emulator, and we'll see what we can do.

If it's easier you can message me on Line

darthstrutter

This is something i am very interested in please get back with me as soon as possible.

Thank you

You are welcome to join "Giveandgettroops" Level 50 Imperial squad, and help me to train the newbies. We had a tough war this Sunday but we won with only 8 players attaking. But I had to make a purge after the War and inactive and those online but that didn't attack were removed. We down to 17 members.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation.


User avatar
lukeskywalker
Admiral
Posts: 650

Re: Saving a Dying Squad

Post#50 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:44 pm

cody33rd wrote:MK, old friend, I could use some help reviving a dying squad. I found a lvl 45 Reb base with a leader inactive for 25 days. I joined and waited for him to be booted. I only have 2 accounts in the squad. No one is joining. Do you have some available clones to help me out? The squad is Obi-Two. Thanks


I have two friends that can come over to help, if you are ok with mini's. They have not been as active lately and were planning on leaving our current squad to make room for more active players. They can help get you to the 15 to 20 member range in the short-term if that helps. They can leave once you get the squad going, or help train the new players if you need help during the transition period.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 25+ members, and we war twice a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!


Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Facebook [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], imagehip, MSN [Bot], Yandex [Bot] and 194 guests