Saving a Dying Squad

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
JMFJ
Officer

Re: Saving a Dying Squad

Post#31 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:26 am

mkenobi wrote:
TerminalVoracity wrote:
TerminalVoracity wrote:Dark_Helmut (lvl 50 Imperial squad) needs reinvigorating. We broke into the top 100 several times and had a sister squad until the war matching algorithm ruined everything. A lot of veterans left to take advantage of the one-sided war match ups higher ranked squads are afforded. Our first follow up leader then sabotaged what was left so he could fill a new feeder squad. It was tough to stomach as I valued the friendships. Any chance you can help us remaining Imperials. We are just under ten now. Thanx!

Saw you joined; Dark_Helmut is implementing the "mkenobi protocols." The Matrix of Leadership shall pass and the medal count lowered. Will let you know progress soon. Your assistance is most appreciated!

Roger. I'm ready to help. Please update this topic when you're done.

Mkenobi, thank you for checking on me. Hopefully u can figure out a way to get us back on our feet. Squads name is Jevan1234

EdibleKarlos

Post#32 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:29 pm

JMFJ, your more than welcome for you and your surviving members to come and join our squad, we have about 8 slots free and are casual sqwarer's (1-2 per week) pretty much someone online most of the time. we are @ sithsupremebreed

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#33 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:13 pm

JMFJ wrote:Mkenobi, thank you for checking on me. Hopefully u can figure out a way to get us back on our feet. Squads name is Jevan1234

It's done. Jevan1234 is filled now and can start a squad war tonight if they want.

And while I was building some extra bases and putting them in my squad, I started receiving players too, and now I am a happy owner of a squad full of HQs 2 and 3... And started the matchmaking for a squad war to let the newbies busy and see how long they last in the game... Man, I love this game... :lol:

But if anyone wants to get the leadership of a Level 49 Imperial Squad full of newbies, PM me here. The Squad calls "BombSquad18". ;)
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation.

TerminalVoracity
Storm Trooper

Post#34 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:36 am

mkenobi wrote:
TerminalVoracity wrote:
TerminalVoracity wrote:Dark_Helmut (lvl 50 Imperial squad) needs reinvigorating. We broke into the top 100 several times and had a sister squad until the war matching algorithm ruined everything. A lot of veterans left to take advantage of the one-sided war match ups higher ranked squads are afforded. Our first follow up leader then sabotaged what was left so he could fill a new feeder squad. It was tough to stomach as I valued the friendships. Any chance you can help us remaining Imperials. We are just under ten now. Thanx!

Saw you joined; Dark_Helmut is implementing the "mkenobi protocols." The Matrix of Leadership shall pass and the medal count lowered. Will let you know progress soon. Your assistance is most appreciated!

Roger. I'm ready to help. Please update this topic when you're done.

Okay medal count is now zero and leadership transferred. Also, two individuals joined because of these posts. We are now up to eleven members. The squad is ready for your assistance. Thx!

bunit

Post#35 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:46 pm

LondonEmpire is in need of a Squad Revival. we lost a bunch of members due to inactivity and is now we are down to 9 or 10. We were once a featured Squad for quite a while. Would love it if you could help us out

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#36 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:24 pm

Dark_Helmut and LondonEmpire are filled now. Good luck, guys!

It's not necessary more than 1h to fill any squad with 30 players, what proves that a large number of people are still joining the game everyday, unfortunately 70-80 percent of these players will leave the game in less than a week...

If Disney helped their own game giving greater benefits and better rewards to keep the new players, we would not have so many empty squads and squads disappearing from night to day...
SWC Windows survivor.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#37 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:06 pm

A great Imperial squad was in need. When I started my Imperial base on Android after the SWC Windows Purge, I joined "stormflame" squad as HQ 4 and I was very well received by the original leader Boba Fett, Officers and members. My best wars were fought there.

Unfortunately, the leader had to leave his hometown for work, and in two months the squad lost important members, and the remaining ones decided to start a new squad, "flame storm".

My HQ 11 became the leader of "stormflame" after the squad was reduced to two members. I put clones there to enter the Featured Lists and get new members.

I hope the original leader will return. But I will ask the old members and Officers of "stormflame" to also return. ArtyMac I know that you are a Forum Member, and if you are reading this, please return with your mates to where you belong. I left 6 spots open and 500 medals to join.

Any Forum member interested in joining a Squad Level 50, and help to bring back its glory days, is welcome.
SWC Windows survivor.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#38 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:23 am

STORMFLAME Imperial Squad is ALIVE!

Stormflame Level 50 Imperial Squad got some of its old members back, but it needs experienced players -- especially HQ 7 and HQ 8, to help training the newbies, and help with donations and future war efforts -- and put the squad back to the old days of glory. There are 2 spots available now. 500 medals to join.

Giveandgettroops Level 50 Training/War Squad also needs experienced players HQ 7 and HQ 8, and above, to help to train newbies, and teach them the art of war -- and war everyday. There are 5 spots open now. Apply to join.

I'm getting too old for this short of thing, and can't deal with multiple squads as Rebel and Imperial.

And if anyone is in need to get new members (newbies) to your squad and put the squad in the Featured Lists, I have about 7 Imperial clones that can help you right now. Contact me, or send me a PM.

Thank you.
SWC Windows survivor.

Richaldo
Grand Admiral

Post#39 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:38 am

Great work Kenobi - keeping the dream alive!!!
Richaldo. Level 27 Prestige 168,021 medals. Completed it mate...
Leader of SITh, Level 50 - Killing rebels since 2014!

lukeskywalker
Admiral

Post#40 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:56 pm

I would recommend that squad leaders keep the squad membership at 22-25 players at all times, even if it means keeping on some players who have been off for 2 weeks. It keeps the autofill option open, and gives you some cushion in case some players hit the 30 day inactive limit and drop off the squad roster. There's a cost to cutting players too aggressively. Falling off the autofill and featured squad grid, really makes a squad invisible except for the search function. The search only works for you, if you have a name that works in key word searches. E.g. having Darth or Lord, etc. in the name. Using a mix of autofill, featured squad, flipping the medal requirements from zero to 500 to 3000 and back to zero, etc. allows a squad to keep the roster fresh, get's bodies in the door, and allows some fine tuning (higher medal players) to the squad roster. Churning 3-5 roster spots and keeping 25-27 seems to be the sweet spot in my experience.

All that said, there's a great community out there and people like mkenobi that help you when you are in a bind.
Last edited by lukeskywalker on Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 25+ members, and we war twice a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Return to “General Discussions”