This game is dead. Prove that I'm wrong.

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
mkenobi
Admiral

This game is dead. Prove that I'm wrong.

Post#1 » Fri May 25, 2018 7:34 pm

I do not complain anymore. I've being playing with both factions with bases at different levels since the beginning. If it's bad for one, I play with another, whatever. But let's be honest here, and forget all optimists that still think this game has salvation... This last update with the RFT nerf also broken my defenses. But this is not the great problem now. The problem is we lost the fun.

But about the RFT nerf, I doubt, really, that Burst turrets even with the increased damage can be really effective in all planets like RFT do. And using a base with only one (maybe 2) kinds of turret is not because that turret is OP, but is about save space in Armory to use with a combo that works at best way possible. My Armory always was: Rocket/RFT Heat Sink + GR MHC + GR Sniper + Rodian skin. And worked fine until now for HD and PvP.

In HD, I just needed to sit and watch my GR and buffed turrets do the job and get the Bronzium all the time without any hero, air or SC. In PvP, I didn't care in request troops for my SC because I knew I could win with my Armory even against buffed Jets if the attacker is a bad attacker, and I would lose anyway if the attacker was good. I didn't care. Rarely were the times I was ripped out by 100%, and I was able to save my CB most of the time.

But the Evil Devs did again. Okay, they already did this before, and they can go to hell, with Disney and everyone. I didn't put a cent in this game in almost 4 years and Disney gave me a generous amount of crystals for losing my Windows account. All crystals I still have in my Imperial account is what keeps me playing the game so far, and creating new accounts in both factions when the game become unplayable for the old ones.

But I can't have fun as Imperial. I can't attack because most of rivals are Level 10 Dev bases, with no loot, and I only attack for loot. It's hard as hell to loot on the one planet with live rebel players -- Tatooine -- because all my rivals are level 10 beasts. I couldn't win any defense since the last update (7 defeats in a row, on ErKit, Yavin and Hoth, 2 with 100%) -- what never hapenned since GR and Rodians were introduced.

Like hamsters rolling a wheel we are doing exactly what the Devs and Disney want: desperatly changing all RFT for Burst and upgrading Burst Heat Sink and Mounting skins in Armory at crystals costs. I had to cancell HQ upgrading to 10 and used the alloy to put my 5 worker droids to swap all my RFTs (I have 6) to Burst and see if the increase damage for Bursts worths all alloy I spent to changing and the time upgrading Burst Heat Sink (I have frags to up to Level 6) and swaping turrets (1d12h for each one).

Would be all Rebels laughing now happy if they have from night to day pay to change all their turrets to another kind, and redesign their bases to become competitive again? And if they have 2 or 3 bases they need to change? It's not about lose an advantage that most think was unfair, but to change an entire game playing only because some stupid at Disney Interactive doesn't know how to make an strategy game! Damn it!

And I know is not only me. As Rebel i was looting last night and i found many Imperial bases with their RFTs out of order, probably not upgrading, but swaping to bursts, 2 RFTs sometimes 3 in the same base, what made my life easy in attacking those bases...

Devs did this to control hordes of Jets in PvP and get more money from Imperial players using crystals to change their turrets due to the long swapping time. But Jets have Range 7 tiles, Bursts have Range 9 against Range 10 RFT/Rocket. With the increase in damage, this could work great. But if the attacker is not using only Jets, but a horde of Tauntans among a few Cold Hailfire Droids (Range 10) on Hoth, for example. Probably the result will be a defeat.

Hoth can become another hell as Tatooine for all Imperials now if everyone change to Burst. And if you are on greens or deserts, doesn't matter what turret or equipment you are using if the attacker uses a horde of Jets with Landseers.

Game is not fun for anyone. Rebel or Imperial. The matchmaking is ruined. If you reached HQ 7/8 with a strong base (not talking about minis or sandbaggings), you are fubar. All what you will see rolling over your base will be Jets/Jumps. And if you have a high number of medals, all bases you will find will be Level 10 bases.

I tried to loot with my Rebel account HQ 8 but I gave up after have to skip about more than 30 Level 10 Imperial Dev bases on Tatooine a few minutes ago. Impossible loot, impossible play conflicts/events. I also can't have fun as Rebel.

Besides the Devs stupidity and the Disney greed, we have: awfull matchmakings in PvP, squad wars mismatches, more and more useless units being released every month, bad updates and game crashes on diferent platforms and devices, radical nerfs/buffs actions bringing more unbalance to the game, guard reserve and the Jets/Jumps domination.

The game is only playable in PvP at low levels, basicly at level 5. So if you have a HQ 5 enjoy the game while you can. But do not have much medals or a strong base at Level 5 or game will match you with HQs 6/7 with Armory stuff like walls, buildings, turrets or Guard Reserve. And when you reach HQ 6 and build the damn Armory you'll be in trouble. The Great Crate Chase has begun. And all the fun is gone. Welcome to the hell.

And what is the point in playing a game that isn't funny? As the Beatles said, fun is the one thing that money can't buy. Neither crystals.

English is not my native language, apologies for errors. Sorry for the long post, I highlighted the most important parts for easy reading. Every comment is welcome. MTFBWY.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ10 in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ10 / HQ8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

ForceMel
Commodore

Re: This game is dead. Prove that I'm wrong.

Post#2 » Fri May 25, 2018 8:37 pm

I wonder why they continue to update and install new stuff in a dead game.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#3 » Fri May 25, 2018 9:32 pm

ForceMel wrote:I wonder why they continue to update and install new stuff in a dead game.

Well... let me guess... marketing? The costs to keep servers, developing, staff are nothing to Disney. They don't need even players buying crystals to keep the game alive. Since TFA most of the new units introduced were attached to some SW movie, what generate a huge publicity for the movies.

Every player installing the game, and playing, but don't like and leave, is a potential consumer for Disney if they keep him interested in other SW games or any products. Remember the 40th Anniversary. They launched a massive update with new units and right after announced the closing of the game for Windows. Since then I'm waiting the same at each new Android/iOS update.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ10 in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ10 / HQ8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

DesertPyramid
Major General

Post#4 » Fri May 25, 2018 11:30 pm

It depends entirely on the churn rate now (new players replacing departing ones). The new units are for the new players to tie in with the current movies... or cartoons... whatever is current at the time they join. It only has to be a strong enough tie-in to get them to buy a few batches of crystals and it is a success.

If you are getting bored or seeing replays... then maybe you’ve reached the equivalent of the end of elementary, junior high and high school with the game and you’re ready to graduate and move on.

Lots of school graduations going on this week and next... made me think of the analogy.
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10 Perks: L36
Medals: ~41k Deka/o: 25/17 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a

ChiptheFish
Commodore

Post#5 » Fri May 25, 2018 11:44 pm

With the long research times and build times at the higher levels of the game, I agree that this game is designed for the lower level players to have fun and spend a few dollars on the fifth Droid and a few crates ... Then it's just a grind. Might be time for some long time players to retire or find a new game... Or do what I do and play less internally and enjoy the slow burn.
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ10, Medals: 26K, Battle Rank: 13 (Android)
ObiTwo: A Level 42 Squad - Join us!
Casual but active L4-10 player's welcome. 1-2 wars a week. Any time-zone. English only

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#6 » Sat May 26, 2018 12:40 am

Great post mrKenobi, hard to argue with any of the above.
Richaldo. Leader of SITh
148,300 Medals... Maxed out madman ...

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#7 » Sat May 26, 2018 1:09 am

@mkenobi, with all due respect, it must have taken you longer to type this post than to swap turrets... :-)

Just take the game as it is. This darkness will pass like others before
Proud Officer of Squad_Tedford <Perks L50>, relaxed though very powerful ksod top-100 squad, great war record, sharp donations and longtime players, L9 and up. Worldwide English speaking squad, PM me if interested 8-)

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#8 » Sat May 26, 2018 1:25 am

DarthBratzzznew wrote:@mkenobi, with all due respect, it must have taken you longer to type this post than to swap turrets... :-)

Just take the game as it is. This darkness will pass like others before

lol.. i did chuckly when I read this! After a nights sleep i'm with you now... game on...
Richaldo. Leader of SITh
148,300 Medals... Maxed out madman ...

lc77
Commodore

Post#9 » Sat May 26, 2018 2:06 am

Never really been fussed about defence. My base looks nice, rebs like it too running over it(just with fewer jets now). I'm just really irked that I have to do something during the HD's.

Lack of decent loot is ruining the game for me. And those cuddly Tauntauns.

darthdoodie
Commodore

Post#10 » Sat May 26, 2018 2:24 am

mkenobi wrote:Devs did this to control hordes of Jets in PvP and get more money from Imperial players using crystals to change their turrets due to the long swapping time. But Jets have Range 7 tiles, Bursts have Range 9 against Range 10 RFT/Rocket. With the increase in damage, this could work great. But if the attacker is not using only Jets, but a horde of Tauntans among a few Cold Hailfire Droids (Range 10) on Hoth, for example. Probably the result will be a defeat.

With the amount of sky falling in posts recently, this needs clarification....
The dev's got this correct! This change to turrets promotes using a varied loadout. Simply using all jets will most likely end badly for an attacker against buffed Bursts. I attacked a few hours ago and saw a level 9 jet with level 8 skin lose ~ 75% health to a single volley from an UNBUFFED level 7 Burst turret. EDIT...just watched another attack closely and that was ~ 1/3 health from a volley.

I've already started switching my Imp RFTs to Bursts. Inconvenient?...yes. Game ending....no.
Last edited by darthdoodie on Sat May 26, 2018 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussions”