Imp Rapid turret nerf

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
X999
Commander

Imp Rapid turret nerf

Post#1 » Thu May 24, 2018 2:36 pm

Please someone explain to me why the fking Rapid turrets are getting nerfed for imps??? Please fking explain it to me? Are the devs idiots? do they have the slightest knowledge how this broken fkn game works and plays in reality? So now i gotta swap all my turrets for fkn bursts? IF ITS NOT FKN BROKE DO NOT FKN FIX IT YOU STUPID FKN BASTRDS.
Officer in ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ Main Base - ChAoS999 , Windows was a trap.
Stealing Rebs loot since November 2014

ForceMel
Commodore

Re: Imp Rapid turret nerf

Post#2 » Thu May 24, 2018 8:05 pm

That you can have just one turret on your base tells you it's op. As an imp, how many single turret reb bases do you see?
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

Boog
Admiral

Post#3 » Thu May 24, 2018 8:20 pm

I wouldn't say it was op, it's just that mortars and rockets are useless for imps, and if you're not level X, sonics either aren't available or are also useless. That leaves you with bursts or rapids. Most players are probably afraid of being out-ranged and easily destroyed using all bursts (not me, it's been working fine for me the last three months). With the limited UC of the armory, going with two types of turrets is a waste. If you use all four buffs, you've blown through 36 UC. The only thing that makes sense is to use one turret type and 18 UC to maximize your armory usage. At level X, you can go with a mix of sonics and one turret type, or just all sonics. There are plenty of rebel level X bases with all sonics. I've also run into plenty of rebels with all rocket turrets, although those are rarer now.

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#4 » Fri May 25, 2018 2:56 am

It's a fucking sham............ I'm one click away from deletion today... feels like a gut punch. . .

Think this weekend will see my final action in Pvp... I just don't understand the logic? So much else needs fixing... and instead they've messed with the turrets???

Utter shit.............. I've seen nothing but complaints and apathy today........... I can't think of a single positive thing to say about the last two updates.
Richaldo. Leader of SITh
143500 Medals... Maxed out madman ...

TNT
Major General

Post#5 » Fri May 25, 2018 3:54 am

X999 wrote:Please someone explain to me why the fking Rapid turrets are getting nerfed for imps??? Please fking explain it to me? Are the devs idiots? do they have the slightest knowledge how this broken fkn game works and plays in reality? So now i gotta swap all my turrets for fkn bursts? IF ITS NOT FKN BROKE DO NOT FKN FIX IT YOU STUPID FKN BASTRDS.

Below is copied from a post from Death Striker and has your answer:

• Rebel Faction

• Damage: 563 (unchanged)
    • DPS: 2250 (unchanged)
    • Shot Count: 6 (unchanged)
    • Charge time: 515 vs 600 (-85)
    • Shot delay: 250 (unchanged)
    • Impact delay: 250 (unchanged)
    • Reload: 650 (unchanged)
  • Empire Faction

• Damage: 667 vs 1586 (-919)
    • DPS: 2250 (unchanged)
    • Shot Count: 2 (unchanged)
    • Charge time: 515 vs 425 (+90)
    • Shot delay: 500 (unchanged)
    • Impact delay: 250 (unchanged)
    • Reload: 250 (unchanged)
Basically base lvl before the nerf was almost 3 times that of the rebel version. There was every reason to nerf it.
But They may have gone a little overboard.
Join the Rebel3Squad.
Actually we joined up with the OuterRimRioters. Join us and reminiscine about the good old days when the game was playable.

ForceMel
Commodore

Post#6 » Fri May 25, 2018 4:03 am

I'm a high level 10. Almost 75% of all bases I see are almost rapid farms. They may not have been op, but the Empire players have noticed they are more effective than other turrets. Just as the complaints of using one troop to 3 star a base, like the jet pack or jump troop is bad for the game, so is having one turret more powerful than the others.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

Euph
Admiral

Post#7 » Fri May 25, 2018 4:26 am

TNT, the thing is though, that's damage per shot. The Rebel rapid fires 6 shots for the Imp rapid's 2. Calculated DPS (not shown in DS' post.. I think DarkRebel posted it in the same thread) is what matters, and it's gone from being higher than the rebel rapid to almost half.

I could understand bringing it down to make them even, that's probably fair. But this was a huge nerf that just totally killed Imp rapids as a viable turret, so the idea of it being done to increase viable defensive options is a joke. It reduced them. Like, I dunno how many of you realize just how bad rapids are now. They might as well have turned them into scout launchers.

So everyone will just move over to burst, or burst/sonic. It'll be a slightly different flavour of the same thing.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

Boog
Admiral

Post#8 » Fri May 25, 2018 4:40 am

Imp rapids did about 50% more damage than rebel rapids, because rebel medics have ~3X the health of a repair droid. Even so, imp rapids only did 76% of the displayed damage. They were not that all-powerful.

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#9 » Fri May 25, 2018 5:14 am

I don't think the devs intended to nerf the rapid as far as they did. I think they were trying to equalize it like they did with mortars. The problem is they did not divide clip damage by clip time, just adjusted some of the stats to be more equal.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

Pirate
Major General

Post#10 » Fri May 25, 2018 5:28 am

ForceMel wrote:I'm a high level 10. Almost 75% of all bases I see are almost rapid farms. They may not have been op, but the Empire players have noticed they are more effective than other turrets. Just as the complaints of using one troop to 3 star a base, like the jet pack or jump troop is bad for the game, so is having one turret more powerful than the others.

I only attack live rebel bases, no fun in dev bases. The only combination of turrets I see in most of these is rockets & sonics or bursts & sonics. My base was 14 rapids & 6 sonics. I agree 100% that being forced to use only 1 or 2 options, either on offense or defense, really takes away from the strategy aspect most of us enjoy. Each troop and each turret is supposed to have a specific use, not be all powerful. Trying to defend in PvP pre-mega-armory was fun and challenging because there were different strategies you could be countered with.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor

Return to “General Discussions”