Burst Turret Buff. Could this be the last straw for Rebels?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Richaldo
Admiral

Re: Burst Turret Buff

Post#11 » Thu May 24, 2018 11:49 pm

Cymraeg wrote:Hi all. First post from a long time reader. I'm imp 148k plus medals with a second base. Spent a load on a very very enjoyable game. More fool me maybe. I screamed with absolute horror in June 17 with guard reserve and imp snipers. Total and utter SWC is dead moment. Then came the jets.

These whines about anything or anything on this forum imp or rebel comes down to the damned armoury or the attackers skill. Yep I can give the likes of Deception, Eg Ta Kit, Marlon etc a damned good whack. Though takes full air, squad centre etc. Yep without that shister Kessen. Moral of the story. It's just as tough being an imp attacking on Tat or any planet when you are looking for contraband or loot.

My base gets rolled by any competent rebel. I had 1000+ defensive wins up to guard reserve. Players from Party like Havoc, Nameless etc now just use 17+ jets. When I read these last few posts. Well I had to reply. I totally agree with Dark Rebel and Plagueis etc. How do I now beat Tatoonie bases constantly? No jets just the trusted old At-at hero and a sandtrooper swarm. Incredibly effective. I have no doubt I could do that against any rodian guard reserve. I've used the swarm against Kingasra, Aj Boogie etc.

Moral of the story in today's SWC. Unless you're brave. Like Einstein said. Doing the same thing ...... Meant my SWC game experience became totally different. Thoroughly different. Enjoyable or I would have quit. Rodians became ineffective after the nerf. In effect a whole heap more imps quit than rebs. Look at the figures.

I truly hope this game will survive. Over the last 3 years it's been truly awesome. Yet everything comes to an end. Unless we all as commanders stop this whine fest and enjoy the game together. Well.....

Last thoughts. Crikey I hate the Amazon status 400. Can't attack at the moment. Yet I hate Kessen more. So so so cheap way to win. Could rebs win just using the Elite At-Tt alternative without that Kessen bloke?? Kudos to Carnage, Casey, Kamui etc. From a Line for that hero.

For info I attack with 2 shocks, 1 repair droid, 3 astromedichs and a storm swarm. New At-ad and buffed hover tank. Hero Elite At-at. Especially on Hoff though with a MHC and a heavy medic combo.

Take care all.

P.S Looking for a good squad to war with. Only me and my second account at the moment.

EDIT:

Don't know how to edit my post. Kudos to Lieutenant Dan, Dennis, TrimixCaveDiver, Hawkeye amongst others as well.

Agree 100% with the above... If you fancy joining up for wars only, we take 1-2 ringers in our sq;uad regularly for wars, we've an epic team and most of us are going the same way now... wars are still fun (even with Tako)!!!!
Richaldo. Leader of SITh
143500 Medals... Maxed out madman ...

DarthHunter
Commodore

Re: Burst Turret Buff. Could this be the last straw for Rebels?

Post#12 » Fri May 25, 2018 2:27 am

Whatever your opinion on the Turret changes (which incidentally mean my once solid-enough base is now suddenly even losing Heroics without spending additional air support and more heroes - hurrah), sadly the recent update is clearly rushed to capitalise on the Solo release.

The now non-SC-defending MTV/AT-RTs, the STILL buggy chat that doesn't give notifications or even keep up to date (that now also requires a relaunch just to type), the frag awards for items you're in the middle of maxing, and whatever else I run into today… it all smacks of things that SHOULD have been avoided and ironed out with proper, thorough testing.

And while I do often feel some sympathy for the Devs for having to keep up with events in the now fast-changing SW universe, every time basic ground level faults like this appear, it only serves to diminish love of the game even further among the hard-core and haemorrhage yet more players.

I may finally be at retirement point.

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#13 » Fri May 25, 2018 2:54 am

DarthHunter wrote:Whatever your opinion on the Turret changes (which incidentally mean my once solid-enough base is now suddenly even losing Heroics without spending additional air support and more heroes - hurrah), sadly the recent update is clearly rushed to capitalise on the Solo release.

The now non-SC-defending MTV/AT-RTs, the STILL buggy chat that doesn't give notifications or even keep up to date (that now also requires a relaunch just to type), the frag awards for items you're in the middle of maxing, and whatever else I run into today… it all smacks of things that SHOULD have been avoided and ironed out with proper, thorough testing.

And while I do often feel some sympathy for the Devs for having to keep up with events in the now fast-changing SW universe, every time basic ground level faults like this appear, it only serves to diminish love of the game even further among the hard-core and haemorrhage yet more players.

I may finally be at retirement point.

Agree 100% ...
Richaldo. Leader of SITh
143500 Medals... Maxed out madman ...

TNT
Major General

Post#14 » Fri May 25, 2018 2:55 am

Honestly, why would this update be the straw?

Burst turrets are fairly easy to counter thanks to their shorter range. Just bring Hails. Jets wreck the shields, hails wreck the Bursts.
While I can't say yet if this will work out in practice, in theory Rebels should be happy with this update.
The ever looming threat of the Jets will also ensure that no Imperial will ever go full mortars.

Now if only the GR would get properly changed, then we might be able to use not-jets again.

It's also pretty clear why the ATRT and MTV aren't working anymore. They're trying to find a turret for their EMP blast. Obviously the devs used that as a template for the slicer bot.
Join the Rebel3Squad.
Actually we joined up with the OuterRimRioters. Join us and reminiscine about the good old days when the game was playable.

Boog
Admiral

Post#15 » Fri May 25, 2018 4:45 am

Bursts on both sides now have a 140% damage multiplier for fliers.

What i hate most about the meeting of rapidfires is that the writing is clearly on the wall that in a few months, the same will happen to bursts.
Last edited by Boog on Fri May 25, 2018 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

desmshei

Post#16 » Fri May 25, 2018 5:15 am

To all true gamers who seem slighted in one fashion or the other, here is a fundamental question? Do you like Star Wars more or less than Gaming?

What do I mean? I am a Star Trek / Star Wars fan since 1967, so any gaming experience that is covered over with these genre will get my vote. What do I hate in the game - server collection lost errors. What do I like - as with any endeavor in life, rolling with the punches, assimilating the strengths and weaknesses based on unanticipated changes

So if you like the game then be the best lvl 10 maxed out SWC you can be and just sit back and enjoy your progress. Uh, yes on the way buy a few crystals here and there or the developers will quit and there will no game

Good luck!

Louis

X999
Commander

Post#17 » Sat May 26, 2018 7:11 pm

i am an imp and i dont think anybody wins here, ok i will swap my 12 rapids to bursts at my cost of time and alloy, devs wasting my base upgrade time swapping fucking turrets, but when rebs get smart and start attacking with snipers out of range of bursts i may change back, oops i let that slip.
Officer in ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ Main Base - ChAoS999 , Windows was a trap.
Stealing Rebs loot since November 2014

Boog
Admiral

Post#18 » Sun May 27, 2018 1:01 pm

Guard reserve fucks with a sniper loadout. The snipes will suicide.

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#19 » Sun May 27, 2018 3:17 pm

Snipers aren't usable with guard reserve defending except in a few unusual layouts.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

jumpycarogna
Storm Trooper

Post#20 » Mon May 28, 2018 12:50 am

Since last update all my units health is literally sucked by burst turrets. Not only jets, but heroes and stolen TX as well. As it happened with rapids, this buff is way too powered for my tastes. They did this cause rebels are using too jets? So what are imps using? Guess what? Jets! I don't blame imps for being on the lucky side (rodian guard reserve), but I blame developer: if you want people to stop using jets, just release a good unit and not the garbage of the last few updates. In the end, armory or not all troops should have same base stats, so we could have fun without blaming each other side.

Return to “General Discussions”