Burst Turret Buff. Could this be the last straw for Rebels?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
boostedsilvia
Lieutenant
Posts: 14

Burst Turret Buff. Could this be the last straw for Rebels?

Post#1 » Thu May 24, 2018 2:05 pm

I'm sure there will be much discussion here about this. Sounds like they found a "solution" to the use of jet imbalance in the game. I'm sure we are going to see Imp Burst Turret Farms going up as I type this. As a rebel, I am all for "mixing up" your troop loadout, but what other units are we going to be able to use effectively? Please place comments below.
Last edited by boostedsilvia on Thu May 24, 2018 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.


User avatar
Spirit
Commodore
Posts: 236

Re: Burst Turret Buff

Post#2 » Thu May 24, 2018 2:10 pm

I can only speak as an Imp. I am pleased to see that our burst turrets have been given 150% boost in damage against the lowly reb jets. As it should be.

I may just be daydreaming.... :lol:
Player name Ghost. A level 10 Imperial hitman. Feel the force.

Member of TeaBagAJedi join us

Reps needed please.....


User avatar
mkenobi
Admiral
Posts: 904

Re: Burst Turret Buff

Post#3 » Thu May 24, 2018 3:02 pm

boostedsilvia wrote:I'm sure there will be much discussion here about this. Sounds like they found a "solution" to the use of jet imbalance in the game. I'm sure we are going to see Imp Burst Turret Farms going up as I type this. As a rebel, I am all for "mixing up" your troop loadout, but what other units are we going to be able to use effectively? Please place comments below.

I really don't know... And as an almost 4 year SWC player, and like Rhett Butler said once, I don't give a damn... Since the Armory was released we are seeing this: Devs buff Rebels, Devs nerf Rebels, Devs buff Imps, Devs nerf Imps... They unbalance the game, they try adjust the balance, but nothing seems to work as how it should be.

When I reached HQ9 as Imperial, I built a few Sonics, only to realize they are garbage at level 9 against Jets, then I switched all Sonics to RFTs, and upgraded only the Heat Sink for RFT in Armory as well for Rockets, and DID NOT upgrade any other skin for turret that I wouldn't use... This means my Heat Sink/Mounting for Burst turrets in Armory still are at level 1.

For the recordings, I lost 6 defenses in a row since this update, what didn't happen since I was able to unlock and upgrade Rodians and use them in my GR. I have 6 RFTs, what will cost 360k alloy each one to change to burst and 1d12h to complete the changing only to use Burst turrets at level 1 skin? No, thanks. Devs can go to hell one more time.

While I'm getting tired of stupid conflicts and unplayable Events for useless units and all those defenses i won until now only gave me lots of medals that made my life even harder, i will be glad in lose all medals if this bring back easy targets again, and I will foccus my Imperial account on getting loot to pay upgrades when I reach HQ 10 in 1 week.

Maybe I will keep playing conflicts and events only with my baby Rebel bases HQ 5 and HQ 7 because for Rebels there wasn't so drastic changes and game still is funny at low levels...
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ10 in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ10 / HQ8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)


User avatar
X999
Commander
Posts: 48

Re: Burst Turret Buff

Post#4 » Thu May 24, 2018 3:31 pm

So when was the exact moment imp rapid turrets became way too powerful for reb attacks? was it 3.5 years ago when the game started or was it 5 seconds ago?
Devs have lost all reason and integrity in this game, they have zero idea how the game plays in reality and prove themselves as stupid crass fools, This is a fkn insult to every player , its a pathetic attempt to get players to but fkn crystals.
Member in Blackphase_Siths Main Base - ChAoS999 , Windows was a trap.
Stealing Rebs loot since November 2014.


Plagueis
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1395

Re: Burst Turret Buff. Could this be the last straw for Rebels?

Post#5 » Thu May 24, 2018 3:56 pm

As I see it, this really puts everyone back in the same boat we were in when guard reserve were introduced and buffed jets/jumps weren’t a thing. Both sides have depended on buff jets/jumps on offense and now that will probably have to change. I foresee snipes and vanguard builds possibly coming back but nowhere near as effective as they used to be. People will find a way. On the plus side, now is the time to stuff your SCs full of buffed jets/jumps as they’ll be harder to counter.


Cymraeg
Storm Trooper
Posts: 5

Re: Burst Turret Buff

Post#6 » Thu May 24, 2018 3:59 pm

Hi all. First post from a long time reader. I'm imp 148k plus medals with a second base. Spent a load on a very very enjoyable game. More fool me maybe. I screamed with absolute horror in June 17 with guard reserve and imp snipers. Total and utter SWC is dead moment. Then came the jets.

These whines about anything or anything on this forum imp or rebel comes down to the damned armoury or the attackers skill. Yep I can give the likes of Deception, Eg Ta Kit, Marlon etc a damned good whack. Though takes full air, squad centre etc. Yep without that shister Kessen. Moral of the story. It's just as tough being an imp attacking on Tat or any planet when you are looking for contraband or loot.

My base gets rolled by any competent rebel. I had 1000+ defensive wins up to guard reserve. Players from Party like Havoc, Nameless etc now just use 17+ jets. When I read these last few posts. Well I had to reply. I totally agree with Dark Rebel and Plagueis etc. How do I now beat Tatoonie bases constantly? No jets just the trusted old At-at hero and a sandtrooper swarm. Incredibly effective. I have no doubt I could do that against any rodian guard reserve. I've used the swarm against Kingasra, Aj Boogie etc.

Moral of the story in today's SWC. Unless you're brave. Like Einstein said. Doing the same thing ...... Meant my SWC game experience became totally different. Thoroughly different. Enjoyable or I would have quit. Rodians became ineffective after the nerf. In effect a whole heap more imps quit than rebs. Look at the figures.

I truly hope this game will survive. Over the last 3 years it's been truly awesome. Yet everything comes to an end. Unless we all as commanders stop this whine fest and enjoy the game together. Well.....

Last thoughts. Crikey I hate the Amazon status 400. Can't attack at the moment. Yet I hate Kessen more. So so so cheap way to win. Could rebs win just using the Elite At-Tt alternative without that Kessen bloke?? Kudos to Carnage, Casey, Kamui etc. From a Line for that hero.

For info I attack with 2 shocks, 1 repair droid, 3 astromedichs and a storm swarm. New At-ad and buffed hover tank. Hero Elite At-at. Especially on Hoff though with a MHC and a heavy medic combo.

Take care all.

P.S Looking for a good squad to war with. Only me and my second account at the moment.

EDIT:

Don't know how to edit my post. Kudos to Lieutenant Dan, Dennis, TrimixCaveDiver, Hawkeye amongst others as well.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Thu May 24, 2018 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Combined Back-to-Back Posts - Added "Edit"


User avatar
DeathStriker
Moderator
Posts: 4455

Re: Burst Turret Buff. Could this be the last straw for Rebels?

Post#7 » Thu May 24, 2018 5:35 pm

Cymraeg wrote:Don't know how to edit my post. Kudos to Lieutenant Dan, Dennis, TrimixCaveDiver, Hawkeye amongst others as well.

Cymraeg - To Edit Post just hover over upper right corner of Post and click on Edit Post (box with pen).
 
Image
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!


Cymraeg
Storm Trooper
Posts: 5

Re: Burst Turret Buff. Could this be the last straw for Rebels?

Post#8 » Thu May 24, 2018 5:45 pm

Thanks DS. Should have made in the Solo Event. Death Striker the new dual faction Hero. No frags needed. Instant Hero.


User avatar
Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1210

Re: Burst Turret Buff

Post#9 » Thu May 24, 2018 5:54 pm

Cymraeg wrote:Hi all. First post from a long time reader. I'm imp 148k plus medals with a second base. Spent a load on a very very enjoyable game. More fool me maybe. I screamed with absolute horror in June 17 with guard reserve and imp snipers. Total and utter SWC is dead moment. Then came the jets.

These whines about anything or anything on this forum imp or rebel comes down to the damned armoury or the attackers skill. Yep I can give the likes of Deception, Eg Ta Kit, Marlon etc a damned good whack. Though takes full air, squad centre etc. Yep without that shister Kessen. Moral of the story. It's just as tough being an imp attacking on Tat or any planet when you are looking for contraband or loot.

My base gets rolled by any competent rebel. I had 1000+ defensive wins up to guard reserve. Players from Party like Havoc, Nameless etc now just use 17+ jets. When I read these last few posts. Well I had to reply. I totally agree with Dark Rebel and Plagueis etc. How do I now beat Tatoonie bases constantly? No jets just the trusted old At-at hero and a sandtrooper swarm. Incredibly effective. I have no doubt I could do that against any rodian guard reserve. I've used the swarm against Kingasra, Aj Boogie etc.

Moral of the story in today's SWC. Unless you're brave. Like Einstein said. Doing the same thing ...... Meant my SWC game experience became totally different. Thoroughly different. Enjoyable or I would have quit. Rodians became ineffective after the nerf. In effect a whole heap more imps quit than rebs. Look at the figures.

I truly hope this game will survive. Over the last 3 years it's been truly awesome. Yet everything comes to an end. Unless we all as commanders stop this whine fest and enjoy the game together. Well.....

Last thoughts. Crikey I hate the Amazon status 400. Can't attack at the moment. Yet I hate Kessen more. So so so cheap way to win. Could rebs win just using the Elite At-Tt alternative without that Kessen bloke?? Kudos to Carnage, Casey, Kamui etc. From a Line for that hero.

For info I attack with 2 shocks, 1 repair droid, 3 astromedichs and a storm swarm. New At-ad and buffed hover tank. Hero Elite At-at. Especially on Hoff though with a MHC and a heavy medic combo.

Take care all.

P.S Looking for a good squad to war with. Only me and my second account at the moment.

EDIT:

Don't know how to edit my post. Kudos to Lieutenant Dan, Dennis, TrimixCaveDiver, Hawkeye amongst others as well.

Excellent post. The sand Trooper horde was the original answer to Guard Reserve. Jump attacks were getting a bit stale so I'm excited for the changes.
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.
Image


User avatar
DeathStriker
Moderator
Posts: 4455

Re: Burst Turret Buff. Could this be the last straw for Rebels?

Post#10 » Thu May 24, 2018 6:01 pm

Cymraeg wrote:Thanks DS. Should have made in the Solo Event. Death Striker the new dual faction Hero. No frags needed. Instant Hero.

Cymraeg - LOL :lol: - Thanks for the complement :D
 
Image
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!


Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Slayme and 37 guests