NEW ARMORY EQUIPMENT: Rebel U-Wing / Empire TIE Brute - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Re: TIE BRUTE/U-WING

Post#41 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:38 am

Lord wrote:The rarest unit has been proved to be tie brutes/u-wings, it has been almost 18 month since it last appear which is its first introduced.

So hang on tight to any samples you may have left.
I do. They are great for non-resticted No Ops wars

But I have it unlocked (barely) and it is indeed a very useful skin. Long cooking time at P level makes it not the gamechanger it seems though

Edit:
The SAMPLES are very useful in wars, the equipment cannot be used on Sullust of course.

it is a very useful unit if you have 5 slots for offensive equipment. You don't need all of your air for Brutes, just 2 usually, combined with 1 Tie ad (and eATAT for Sc sniping if a base is really resilient). Or use it in extremis to get one star when all else fails..
Last edited by DarthBratzzznew on Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Officer of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many experienced and motivated longtime high-level players; regular/against OP/NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken. Worldwide brotherhood of rebel scourges :twisted:

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#42 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:12 am

In my opinion, it is the most absurdly powerful unit in the game and the one that will be least used, first because frags are very rare, and the possibility of unlocking is already difficult, even more difficult to go up two or three levels.

Second, who can use a full Tie-Fighter/X-Wing loadout on each attack just for snipe a HQ? And if the enemy places his HQ with HQ Bracing under 2 shields, they become useless for this purpose.

My Imperial and Rebel HQ 11 have Tie Brute/U-Wing Level 3, Rebel HQ 9 has U Wing level 2 I guess, and Imperial HQ 8 has Brute level 4 but I don’t use it because of the Armory 3 slots limit already in use for Hero, TX and Jump skins. Rebel HQ 8 didn't unlock it yet.

The best use I see for Tie Brutes and U Wings, is to use them on a group of glowing Barracks or Factories. A single ship is needed to destroy 4 clustered Barracks, or 2 barracks or 2 factories side by side. But such bases are rare to find these days.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation.

DeathStriker

Post#43 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:14 am

Lord wrote:The rarest unit has been proved to be tie brutes/u-wings, it has been almost 18 month since it last appear which is its first introduced.

TO CLARIFY - The Rebel U-Wing / Empire TIE Brute are NOT UNITS but ARMORY SKINS.

Above Posted to Aid in Discussion...

It has been an honor and a privilege helping the SWC Community. MTFBWYA

TKTB51
Admiral

Post#44 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:20 am

My HQ (a) has lvl 10 bracing and (b) is under 4 shields.

My barracks are in four different quadrants of my base.

Many bases are built in similar fashion.

I've yet to unlock the Brute, have 10 of the 20 needed. Thus, have only used a few samples here and there, have never had the chance to use it in the Armory.

It's a trap, they want you to purchase meth to unlock crates when they're "available". Don't fall for it.
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

DeathStriker

Re: NEW ARMORY EQUIPMENT: Rebel U-Wing / Empire TIE Brute - Discussion Topic

Post#45 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:48 am

Prior to the introduction of Prestige Level in September 2018, I used a Level 2 Rebel U-Wing Starfighter Armory Skin coupled with Level 10 Rebel X-Wings to "snipe" Image Contraband Safehouses to obtain Resources needed to Upgrade my Droideka Sentinel and Droideka Oppressor.

:arrow: AFTER Prestige Level arrived, we saw the rise of Mega-Loot Developer Bases which effectively (for me) eliminated the need to use the X-Wing / U-Wing Combo to do Contraband Safehouse Sniping as Resources became very easy to obtain.

I have not seen since Prestige Level arrived any need to use the Rebel U-Wing Starfighter Armory Skin but would grind for Frags for it when or if another Lucky Break Event is ever ran again.

Adding to this Topic...

It has been an honor and a privilege helping the SWC Community. MTFBWYA

Return to “General Discussions”