NEW ARMORY EQUIPMENT: Rebel U-Wing / Empire TIE Brute - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
sgu97cab
Major General

Re: NEW ARMORY EQUIPMENT: Rebel U-Wing / Empire TIE Brute - Discussion Topic

Post#21 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:34 pm

Also, I saw a rebel replay and the graphics on that U wing are awesome, love how the wings fold when it takes off...

P.S. that destroy 204 turrets objective was 'Brute-al' ;-)
Main account: Bacon (level 11)
Second account: nEggs (level 9)
Squad - NewSithEmpire
LINE ID: sgu97cab

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#22 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:18 pm

I can't see using the brute skin for traps, unless with the skin those traps now take out jets.

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#23 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:15 pm

Traps can take out Jets, but dont trigger jets, only ground units do....occasionally I forget and deploy a ground troop near my Jumps and its all over!
Main account: Bacon (level 11)
Second account: nEggs (level 9)
Squad - NewSithEmpire
LINE ID: sgu97cab

Euph
Admiral

Post#24 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:48 pm

sgu97cab wrote:Thats awesome that it turns traps into Brutes.....shame about the Pilot though.
Brute samples are awesome though, I used them twice in wars this weekend, saving 4 UC to take out squad centres is great. Also you can attack up a couple of levels and the Brute still takes out SC. My lvl8 took out lvl10 SCs.

I'm gonna go ahead and say the samples are the best thing about this part of the event. The equipment itself - plus the meagre chances of even upgrading it anyway - is lackluster without applying to pilots.
Boog wrote:I can't see using the brute skin for traps, unless with the skin those traps now take out jets.

Yeah, I don't imagine dropping a piece of GR equipment for making my traps a little more killy vs the jets that are flying above them, not setting them off. Maybe it'd be useful in HDs sometimes, though I'd probably still prefer a piece of GR.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

DeathStriker

Post#25 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:19 pm

:arrow: NOTE: It has been reported that you are able to take out a Level 10 SC (Un-Shielded) with a single Level 1 U-Wing Buffed X-Wing (Level unknown but presumed Level 8 or higher). I am sure the same applies to the TIE Brute also...

It will be interesting to see other reports...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#26 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:40 pm

I just unlocked the U-Wing for my Rebel HQ 8... Great... Does not the skin work for the Pilots? But does it work for the X-Wing Traps? That's great!

Now I just have to build all the X-Wing traps because my Rebel HQ 8 is a sandbagging and I have no trap built yet!...

(As if I were going to spend 13 UCs of my Level 4 Armory for defense with this and still lose the advantage of having an extremely low base strength just because I did not build any traps...)

Usually I attack with 2-3 Pilots (Level 5) for my Rebel HQ 8, but I think about the damage that a Level 10 Pilot (like mine for my Imperial HQ 10) could do to any base if the skin worked with them? I can imagine attacking with my Armory Level 6 with AT-ACT/Lord Vader + Jumps + TXs + Soldiers/Heavies + Tie Brute with Pilots and Tie Fighters, that would be great to me, but for the good of the game, I don't know...
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

Gharris92
Commander

Post#27 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:17 am

DeathStriker wrote: :arrow: NOTE: It has been reported that you are able to take out a Level 10 SC (Un-Shielded) with a single Level 1 U-Wing Buffed X-Wing (Level unknown but presumed Level 8 or higher). I am sure the same applies to the TIE Brute also...

It will be interesting to see other reports...

Cheers DS :D
Commanderharris
1st_ORDER2
(Officer)

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#28 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:20 am

I've opened four bonus crates on my main base, and so far have gotten zero brute frags. I just maxed the DT, so that should help. I may max the hauler near the end. Otherwise, I just get LIN, INT4, and slicer frags. I've got everything else maxed. They are really screwing us on the brute, especially since it works for traps and not pilots. Lol, the devs are so fucking clueless.

I've opened three crates on my minibase, with again zero brute frags. I get more stuff with that base, although this event maxed out the Tog, the mtv7, and the kubaz.

Edit: I did get brute frags on my main base in the next two crates (3, then 4).
Last edited by Boog on Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ForceMel
Commodore

Post#29 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:05 pm

I am wondering if the uwing will deploy with the pilot now. I'll have to give that a try.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

CoolGuy
Commodore

Post#30 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:57 pm

Still not getting in U-Wing frags in bonus crates. Not sure how Disney thinks we are going to upgrade it.

Return to “General Discussions”