NEW UNIT: A-LT Turret Slicer (P006 Droid) - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Boog
Admiral

Re: NEW UNIT: A-LT Turret Slicer (P006 Droid) - Discussion Topic

Post#21 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:38 pm

I have thought about it, but you can do the same thing with a repair droid, if you don't have any mech on defense. It is weird watching them just sit there when they are done, but I guess they have to, because they could easily latch onto a turret near the end of a battle and prevent you from getting 100%.

For a while there, you could do the same thing with a mtv7, when it just circled the SC.

Edit: not sure they can be donated right now. I just donated to a squad member, and couldn't see the slicer in the queue. This is like when we couldn't donate AvA's for a while.

StrikerRebel
Captain

Post#22 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:26 am

...the question is: Why should I use this useless slicer ? Is here any benefit for me instead of using my usual loadout ? NO !! There is no benefit ! incredible 13 caps a movement speed of 20 a range of 2, pffff, to place them near to a turret you need 12 caps more for gamo and then which strategy you will follow to prevent 2 second GR wave, aweful, I think the new U-wing is the next unit that makes us think about to use more pilots ;)

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#23 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:13 am

I wonder if the turrets retain the armory buffs when they are captured.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

Alpha
Commodore

Post#24 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:45 am

I think i might use these instead of my skinned jumps! ;) :shock: :lol:

Schruaf
Commodore

Post#25 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:03 am

Now we can build the most op combo ever.

SD-K4 (spider hero), fathier, LiN - demolitionmech and A-LT slicer.

UNBEATABLE

:-)

TNT
Major General

Post#26 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:06 am

Schruaf wrote:Now we can build the most op combo ever.

UNBEATABLE

They'll never see it coming!

edit: Someone used 2 against me. 1 died well before reaching the turret. The other barely made it and took over a sonic that had just fired. So it just stood there for a long time and then fired once.
To be fair, a sonic turret does a number on your own base. But don't expect more than 1 shot.
Join the Rebel3Squad.
Actually we joined up with the OuterRimRioters. Join us and reminiscine about the good old days when the game was playable.

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#27 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:17 am

Schruaf wrote:Now we can build the most op combo ever.

UNBEATABLE

Haha amazing!!!!! And slam in a few of those bald oppressor guys for good measure... ! ! !
Richaldo. Leader of SITh
143500 Medals... Maxed out madman ...

Ghost666
Major General

Post#28 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:58 am

mkenobi wrote:I think I'm having a Deja vu of the powerful Demolition Droid... Please, Devs, can you give me frags for Artoo and Threepio instead of this? At least they are funny.

Been playing so little lately that i just realized I NEVER actually used the Demolition Droid...and i still have the samples somewhere...and i dont recall seeing it in replays...

Coming to think about it...MOST new-ish units are rarely used, me thinks...waste of dev effort...or just marketing...dont recall seeing Ig86, the horse things, etc...
"All Walls Must Die" - Imperial Sniper Corps Unofficial Motto

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#29 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:49 pm

Slicer droids would have some use if they were able to be deployed anywhere like dropships. Wish the devs would have went that route and ditched movement speed and extra health.

Boog
Admiral

Post#30 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:18 am

They are tricky. It's a real bummer when you deploy one, and it latches on to an upgrading turret. Lol, watch out for those.

Return to “General Discussions”