NEW UNIT: A-LT Turret Slicer (P006 Droid) - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DeathStriker

Re: NEW UNIT: A-LT Turret Slicer (P006 Droid) - Discussion Topic

Post#11 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:26 am

NEW UNIT Introduced

With the start of SWC Event Lucky Break (Solo Movie Event #2) - Week #3 - we saw the introduction of the A-LT Turret Slicer (P006 Droid) Mercenary Unit for both Factions.

HOW GOOD WILL THIS UNIT BE?

The Unit Description reads as follows:

These A-LT Utility Droids have been modified to bypass walls and overload the circuits of one turret. This disables the droid, while forcing the turret to ignore enemy troops and shoot at defenders instead. The overload triggers a series of small explosions, finally destroying the turret.

ANALYSIS:

• With a 1:1 Ratio between "Turret" and "Deployed A-LT Turret Slicer" combined with 13 UC and Cook-Time of 6 Minutes (Level 1) to 11 Minutes+ (Level 10) compounded by the Movement Speed of 20 (Slow) the usefulness of this Units is highly questionable.

• While the "feature" of this Unit to cause the effected Turret to "ignore enemy troops and shoot at defenders instead" is nice, you still have the Turrets Range and Favorite Target coupled with availability (or unavailability) of any "defenders" within "range" that adds additonal questions as to the usefulness of this Unit.
Reports posted below will reveal if this Unit is worth grinding for...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#12 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:25 am

https://papajessie.github.io/swcpy/EmpireP006Droid.html

The data miner site says that the turret destruct time increases as the slicer is levelled up. I wonder if that means that your troops stop targeting the turret as soon as it's corrupted, because otherwise, i don't see how the turret lasts 25 seconds, much less 45. I also wonder if the gr troops go after the turret, because I wonder how the slicer lasts very long. If the turret isn't targeted by your troops, and you deploy this thing near the end of a battle, you could prevent yourself from hundo-ing the base, lol.

It also looks like the turret will target buildings, including the HQ.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#13 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:46 pm

I've used the samples twice now. The first time, it died before it got to a turret (should have deployed it better, it was my fault). The second time, it worked pretty well. I shielded it with vader and a gamo. The turret wigs out like when an mtv7 zaps it. At the end of the corruption period, the turret blows, and then the droid just sits there, lol. A rebel soldier spent about a minute killing it.

I thought it was cool, way better than the demo tech or the fathier. Lol.

Spirit
Commodore

Post#14 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:10 pm

Tried one earlier too. Took control of the turret well. Only shoots enemy troops and they didnt seem to shoot back.
Looks good but not sure it is worth the 13 uc.
As with all events, I shall just grab a few samples if I make it to stage 10 or so.
Player name Ghost. A level 10 Imperial hitman. Feel the force.

Member of TeaBagAJedi join us

Reps needed please.....

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#15 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:33 pm

I tested on out against a dev base where I walked it in behind a kubaz at the start of an attack. It latched onto a turret, then started taking fire from nearby turrets and the two dekas, and died after just a couple seconds. The turret fired on a deka for a few seconds, then exploded. So, they will take fire if they aren't shielded.

Euph
Admiral

Post#16 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:24 pm

Spirit wrote:Tried one earlier too. Took control of the turret well. Only shoots enemy troops and they didnt seem to shoot back.
Looks good but not sure it is worth the 13 uc.
As with all events, I shall just grab a few samples if I make it to stage 10 or so.

I've been testing it out and I've seen GR soldiers fire upon and destroy the turret that my slicer captured. I suspect then that GR/SC troops can engage the captured turret based on their priorities - so GR snipes would ignore it while there's infantry on the field, for instance, but storms are generalists and will attack the turret if it's the closest.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#17 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:31 pm

I want to know what happens if you deploy a couple from the SC: will they go to different turrets, or the same one?

This unit is way cooler than any new unit in a while, imo. It may just be a novelty, but still, I like it.

Euph
Admiral

Post#18 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:46 pm

I don't think it's worth the cap or the build time but it's certainly a fun unit that can be played around with in amusing ways. I'll be chasing it so I can use it in my droid-only attacks. >_>
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#19 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:21 pm

Yeah, it's not worth the cap, but then again, watching a rebel rocket turret kill both dekas is priceless.

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#20 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:22 pm

Slicer droids = Ultimate SC units. They won’t target anything, won’t move, have high health and will absolutely screw with kessen if he misses the shot and the SC gets tripped, even if the GR wave gets taken out. I’ll bet imp astros and med droids heal them too. Think about it.

Return to “General Discussions”