EVENT: Lucky Break (Solo Movie Event #2) - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Chancellor
Commodore

Re: EVENT: Lucky Break (Solo Movie Event) - Discussion Topic

Post#21 » Sun May 27, 2018 5:21 am

They made the research times a lot shorter than they used to be. I was playing and kept waiting to hit the run of 8-hour research times, but they kept being short. Finally I checked the forums to see what the story was and I was kind of shocked.

5 x 4h research
1 x 6h research
Everything else 2h or less.

That's a big change from the other EP events we've had, right?

DeathStriker

Post#22 » Sun May 27, 2018 7:27 am

Chancellor wrote:They made the research times a lot shorter than they used to be. I was playing and kept waiting to hit the run of 8-hour research times, but they kept being short. Finally I checked the forums to see what the story was and I was kind of shocked.

5 x 4h research
1 x 6h research
Everything else 2h or less.

That's a big change from the other EP events we've had, right?

Chancellor - Yes! :D

Given the current Matchmaking for those HQ 7+ with those in that group seeing mostly Upper Level (usually HQ 9 / HQ 10) Bases to attack needing 60% to 100% full loadouts to get 3-Stars along with the longer re-build cook times resulting in a "slower progress" for some - this "change" is one of the "positive" things about this Event.

I am making "progress" in this current Event but am no way near where I would normally be by this time. Given my current "progression" I will be lucky to get 1 day of Elite Crate chasing (should I decide to do so).

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#23 » Sun May 27, 2018 9:36 am

Despite needing to build more units to gain the EP, I am exactly on course as to where I normally am in the event because the research times are shorter. I'll finish the event at 6pm on Sunday. Where it will make a difference is the number of bonus crates collected is going to be reduced by at least one each day.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#24 » Sun May 27, 2018 6:23 pm

I finished about the same time as prior events, however I am now level 10 for the first time on an EP event. If I was still level 9 I think i'd have been half a day quicker.
Main Account: Bacon (level 10). LINE ID: sgu97cab
Squad - NewSithEmpire
Second account: nEggs (level 8)
Squad - Hotfix_Reborn

desmshei

Post#25 » Sun May 27, 2018 9:38 pm

I echo the statements of the previous contributors. After getting accustomed to the greater difficulty of 3-starring I notice that an old idiom could apply - speed kills.

Si its the EAT-AT with 17 jumpers and 3-stars are back. Hopefully tomorrow I will unlock the Hauler and then sit back

While I understand the several opinions posted my take is - if the situation is changing, adapting is the only positive response. The game has changed and we simply need to master the changes by employing new troops, y and tactics.

Thanks

rebel10

Post#26 » Mon May 28, 2018 8:33 am

For high level developer bases on Tat, swap in 3 or 4 Txs to go in with jets and hwks to deal with the triggered hvy trooper traps

DeathStriker

Post#27 » Tue May 29, 2018 9:37 am

MY EVENT STATUS (Week #1)

Well, today, I - FINALLY - made it to the Elite Event Crates on all 3 of my Accounts - WHEW! :roll:

First of all I have to say that I love that both the Final Objective Event Crate and Elite Event Crate both use the same graphic (see image below) unlike before where the Final Objective Event Crate would use the Crate Graphic for the "event" but the Elite Event Crates were the "standard" Objective Event Crates.

Lucky Break (Solo Movie Event) - Final Objective Event Crate and Elite Event Crate
(Click here to view LARGER image)

It was a long grind getting to the Main Objective (#24) on all 3 of my Accounts but my hard work was Rewarded.

Salvaged AT-Hauler - Level 1 Unlock - Rebel Faction (HQ 10 and HQ 7 Accounts)

Stolen AT-DT Walker - Level 1 Unlock - Rebel Faction (HQ 4 Account)

On my HQ 10 Account was able to grind through 6 Attacks and start Research on my First Elite Event Crate. Here is what I got (just shortly ago):

First Elite Event Crate - HQ 10 Account - Rebel Faction

HQ 10 LIMITED REWARDS POSSIBLE: For my HQ 10 Account - with most of the Rewards "other than" the Stolen AT-DT Walker and Salvaged AT-Hauler already Maxed Out - my available Rewards are few and thus I will get mostly Stolen AT-DT Walker and Salvaged AT-Hauler Frags.

HQ 7 ACCOUNT WOES: For my HQ 7 Account with the current Matchmaking the best I can do on a regular basis attacking Max Level 10 Developer Bases is get 2-Stars (70 EP) per Attack. With having to get 720 EP that equates to 11 Attacks using "Full Loadout", no SC, 2 Fang Fighter Strikes (as needed). At approximately 8.5 Minutes to cook and another approximate 2 minutes finding a "doable Base" this resulted in an approximate 12.5 Minute Attack Cycle. With having to do 11 Attacks that equates to needing 1.93 Hours (if I attack first Base) up to 2.29 Hours (or more) if I have to skip. Adding / Using a Full SC of 4 Buffed Level 10 Jets did not dramatically help - that is - I can still not get 3-Stars on a "regular" Basis even using them. Give this "Issue" I most likely won't be continueing this "event" with my HQ 7 Account.

HQ 4 ACCOUNT PROGRESSION: My HQ 4 Account also needs 720 EP to get next Elite Event Crate. With this Account I now see primarily HQ 6 Bases. While I am able to eventually find a Base to 3-Star it takes a lot of Skipping now due to my 12000+ Medal Count on that Account. Since I have achieved my primary "objective" for this Account - that is Unlock the AT-DT Walker - I most likely won't be continueing this "event" with my HQ 4 Account.

⇨ NOTE: I currently have the First Elite Event Crates researching for my HQ 7 Account and HQ 4 Account.

REPORT FORTHCOMING: Tomorrow I will post a Report of todays "haul" which will most likely just be my HQ 10 Account.

Adding to this Topic...

Chancellor
Commodore

Post#28 » Tue May 29, 2018 10:13 pm

Crates can be a little silly when most of the possible units are things you have maxed already.

AdmiralPiett
Commodore

Post#29 » Wed May 30, 2018 4:36 am

Finally unlocked the AT-DT walker in my level 4 base. Was pretty hard to grind in my main accounts, but the level 4 did great.
ADMIRAL PIETT - HQ10 MAXED - 40K MEDALS

Leader Of TheAlphaSquadron

Join us now by completing this recruitment form:- https://goo.gl/forms/DpXMdyzhzWWTmuhb2

DISCORD - #9666
LINE - zeryabprime

DeathStriker

Post#30 » Wed May 30, 2018 2:29 pm

MY EVENT STATUS (Week #1):

I decided to continue grinding with only my HQ 10 Account. On that Account I am only getting Salvaged AT-Hauler, AT-DT Walker, and Ithorian Infilatrator Frags.

Soon I will have the Ithorian to Max Level 10 and then it will be just the Solo Movie Units.

As for my HQ 7 Account and HQ 4 Accounts I stopped all grinding on them due to reasons outlined here (scroll down).

Tomorrow I will post a Report showing my totals from this Event...

Return to “General Discussions”