EVENT: Lucky Break (Solo Movie Event #2) - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Shelendil
Admiral

Re: EVENT: Lucky Break (Solo Movie Event) - Discussion Topic

Post#101 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:08 pm

Euph wrote:Huh. I'm glad they made this change.. and funny, because I had just typed up a post last night grumble-muttering about how the previous frag selection sucked for people who had maxed the hauler (I'm not quite there yet, but soon), as only 2 of 5 would award slicer frags and 3 of 5 would give credits. I decided to hold off until I actually maxed the hauler.

Sympathise with the people for whom this has diluted the pool though. I have a lower level base where I'm not really bothering to grind because the frag pool is so wide it's hard to achieve any goals I might set.

For week 4, the uwing frags are only in 1/5 draws now instead of 2/5. Even having the atdt and hauler maxed, you'll need to be lucky to get the uwing to level 3. I'm not glad they made this change; they effectively cut the available frags in half for the one unit that looked useful.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

Euph
Admiral

Post#102 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:14 pm

Well slicer frags are better than credits, but yeah, I was just looking at that. It would be better if they'd just added the slicer to the 3/5, and the Brute/U-wing next event. Having only a single draw for a *chance* of brute frags definitely sucks.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#103 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:53 pm

Is the unlock for the fighter skin guaranteed? It looked like the two draws at the end of this weeks event were 50:50 to get samples or frags for the slicer. I got one of each on both of my accounts. It would blow ass to not get the fighter unlock at the end of the event.

Chancellor
Commodore

Post#104 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:02 pm

I also got one of each. Did anyone get two of one type? Maybe it's not really two random 50/50 draws.

Xinix
Major General

Re: NOTICE: Server Maintenance Planned

Post#105 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:36 am

I noticed a change to the event bonus crate rewards: now they seem to generate arbitrary other elite frags instead of being confined to the original pool.

Result: last bonus crate I got LIN demomech + Death Trooper frags instead of additional Hauler/Walker/Slicer frags. Heard other players see similar things. I am incredibly glad I managed to max the togs last event (got 4/crate on average with most other stuff maxed), as from now on it will take a LOT longer if everything gets diluted with useless frags ...

Let's hope it is a glitch ...
Last edited by DeathStriker on Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Moved / Merged Topic Post With Another Topic

Schruaf
Commodore

Post#106 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:59 am

Xinix wrote:I noticed a change to the event bonus crate rewards: now they seem to generate arbitrary other elite frags instead of being confined to the original pool.

Result: last bonus crate I got LIN demomech + Death Trooper frags instead of additional Hauler/Walker/Slicer frags. Heard other players see similar things. I am incredibly glad I managed to max the togs last event (got 4/crate on average with most other stuff maxed), as from now on it will take a LOT longer if everything gets diluted with useless frags ...

Let's hope it is a glitch ...

Unfortunately it is no glitch, the event bonus crates were changed.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Schruaf
Commodore

Post#107 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:01 am

I too, got one of each.

And thanks to our dataminers for there fast work with the new bonus crates.

Xinix
Major General

Post#108 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:10 am

Schruaf wrote:Unfortunately it is no glitch, the event bonus crates were changed.

Thanks: missed that one. Definitely makes it a lot harder to get useful stuff. Glad I already decided to go for 'completionist light' (unlock only): time for a break.

Jaksemate
Commander

Post#109 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:54 am

Here is an example of mine:

I would actually like to max out my death trooper. Ive used samples in war attacks as a sub for my imp officer. But ill never get there with random fragments here and there.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

shazahm1
Captain

Post#110 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:15 am

For me this change is terrible! Now I only get frags for INT-4, AT-ACT and LIN. The last thee crates I've only received 9 frags for the event items.

Luckily I already have the AT-Hauler at lvl5. But I really wanted to be able to lvl up the walker and slicer. I've had success in using both on attack using samples. Specifically the slicer. On the right bases, using only one it helps a lot o deal with GR and SC Jets.

Now I will not be able to lvl up the slicer :(

Return to “General Discussions”