New units

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Re: New units

Post#21 » Thu May 24, 2018 10:54 am

Why do you always resort to personal attacks bob? If you think you have a good point, then state it. I don’t have a problem being respectful and answering respectfully so why can’t you? I can’t take you very seriously when you say stuff like this and honestly, I’m just going to ignore your comments until they become useful to the conversation.

bob1084
Commodore

Post#22 » Thu May 24, 2018 11:01 am

The reason why desert planets favor rebels is due to the heroes that imps have to use on them to have any real success: Vader or kessen. Not the best options when relying on our jumps and not expecting to have to spam t-5s to keep them up.

You actually typed that out and expect me to ever take you seriously... you are what’s wrong with this game, you personally, you don’t want balance. You want a one sided game that makes you feel good.

Ur right, meth user was harsh, juvenile was more appropriate and I apologize. I will send the participation medal in the mail

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#23 » Thu May 24, 2018 1:04 pm

bob1084 wrote:The reason why desert planets favor rebels is due to the heroes that imps have to use on them to have any real success: Vader or kessen. Not the best options when relying on our jumps and not expecting to have to spam t-5s to keep them up.

You actually typed that out and expect me to ever take you seriously... you are what’s wrong with this game, you personally, you don’t want balance. You want a one sided game that makes you feel good.

Ur right, meth user was harsh, juvenile was more appropriate and I apologize. I will send the participation medal in the mail

And no explanation on why I’m wrong on this? Also, who said they wanted jets/jumps, RFT turrets, hero cook times equalized & GR snipes swapped for shocks? Yeah, that was me. But I don’t want balance...And it’s pretty juvenile to call me a meth user and offer to send me a participation medal in the mail. If you want to make a point, thoroughly explain it and put it out there for debate as I do. So far I’ve defended my position and you haven’t. The second you resort to casting insults your argument loses all credibility.

bob1084
Commodore

Post#24 » Thu May 24, 2018 6:13 pm

Plagueis wrote:
bob1084 wrote:The reason why desert planets favor rebels is due to the heroes that imps have to use on them to have any real success: Vader or kessen. Not the best options when relying on our jumps and not expecting to have to spam t-5s to keep them up.

And no explanation on why I’m wrong on this? Also, who said they wanted jets/jumps, RFT turrets, hero cook times equalized & GR snipes swapped for shocks? Yeah, that was me. But I don’t want balance...And it’s pretty juvenile to call me a meth user and offer to send me a participation medal in the mail. If you want to make a point, thoroughly explain it and put it out there for debate as I do. So far I’ve defended my position and you haven’t. The second you resort to casting insults your argument loses all credibility.

Sand: well let’s see, RFT....

RFT....

RFT....

Wait, those were balanced, until people learned how to read numbers.

Hero’s: LMAO! You use kessen or Vader only. I spit my water out from that one. Kessen, the same one rebs have to use on their attacks or no? WAIT, bring up decepticon or someone else with maxed sand stuff. That would be fresh. Moving on.

Vader: not even addressing this. If you are this ignorant that’s on you.

Not getting into GR, any debate about it is irrelevant and comical at best.

Shall I go on?

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#25 » Thu May 24, 2018 6:20 pm

Please don't, you're totally incoherent.

bob1084
Commodore

Post#26 » Thu May 24, 2018 6:30 pm

Oh great, the plagueis echo chamber is here too, can’t wait to hear the nonsense about how all was balanced, and probably in the rebs favor bc of Jets.

desmshei

Post#27 » Thu May 24, 2018 6:34 pm

What an absolutely fascinating discussion about the beliefs/feelings of a minor though experienced group of gamers

Once the personal attacks are eliminated the readers on the forum will really gain extensive knowledge

New units - I have the Hauler sample and here are my comments.

Heroic Defense - a smasher in vehicle attacks and can replace the eatat with another hero so defensive wins should go up.

PvPs However, too much protection needed

I will see how the others aid the war effort

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#28 » Thu May 24, 2018 8:39 pm

Say what you want about RFTs because even before today, having an RFT farm certainly wasn’t a guaranteed way to stop jets, especially when landseers were dropped on them or when other distractions like ithorians were used. That’s why a mix of RFTs and Sonics were often used. The AOE life drain from sonics is used to hit all clumped targets simultaneously and give RFTs a chance to get those 1-2 shot kills in before being ran over. Now that imp RFTs have been nerfed you can’t use that excuse anymore and will probably shift over to bursts being the bane of your existence instead and continue your “pity party”.

As for desert worlds, yes, vader and kessen are the main options especially at HQ 10. There’s little value in running a shield popping at-at that can’t kill buffed turrets even when/if it manages to taked out all of the shields without dying when jumps do both jobs far better. Not to mention vader’s twirl is probably the best way of distracting turrets, GR and SC troops while the jumps have a chance to do the two things I listed above. Kessen is basically used in place of vader’s twirl to deal with SC troops. IMO he has less utility than vader and far more risk associated in using him.

bob1084
Commodore

Post#29 » Thu May 24, 2018 9:13 pm

Plagueis wrote:Say what you want about RFTs because even before today, having an RFT farm certainly wasn’t a guaranteed way to stop jets, especially when landseers were dropped on them or when other distractions like ithorians were used. That’s why a mix of RFTs and Sonics were often used. The AOE life drain from sonics is used to hit all clumped targets simultaneously and give RFTs a chance to get those 1-2 shot kills in before being ran over. Now that imp RFTs have been nerfed you can’t use that excuse anymore and will probably shift over to bursts being the bane of your existence instead and continue your “pity party”.

As for desert worlds, yes, vader and kessen are the main options especially at HQ 10. There’s little value in running a shield popping at-at that can’t kill buffed turrets even when/if it manages to taked out all of the shields without dying when jumps do both jobs far better. Not to mention vader’s twirl is probably the best way of distracting turrets, GR and SC troops while the jumps have a chance to do the two things I listed above. Kessen is basically used in place of vader’s twirl to deal with SC troops. IMO he has less utility than vader and far more risk associated in using him.

As for your first paragraph... can be summed up (per usual) by a wall of dribble then “pity party” translated, “wanting balance”

Your second wall of dribble.... fails to recognize that your advantage lies in your admitted “better than kessen” hero... lets throw that debate out the window (on certain bases one is better etc).... lets get straight to the Luke skin.... that drops one rebel trooper and level .0000000000000001 but comes with a health/damage booster. I know the rebel trooper gets dropped and really doesn’t do that much but I see him being used in replays all over “line” and in fact I see 4 rooms now all designed to teach people to use the Luke attack much the way Vader attacks are being shared.

You don’t see the irony in this but I sure do, I am a big boy now that Disney owns this cash cow on autopilot so when I put on my new big boy pants and head out to a sand planet I activate my Luke skin and start the devastation. You know? The same Luke that I used for 2 years? Or the same one I use in no op wars? I guess I would be the one that is relevant to game play.

It’s almost as tho one hero is viable on sand planets for rebs and it’s reb only! Kessen, I know hard to realize that he can be cooked by imps (cooktime irrelevant here bc at level 10 a lo can’t be done that quick, so we’ll leave that one alone.”

Back to the topic at hand, more dribble, sand is reb favored, green imp favored and all is the same on Hoth. No differences there at all, none, not one difference can be pointed out on Hoth at all. Not even a difference in anything really.

As for your ignorant (lack of knowledge, not an insult) comment on bursts.... are they equal? Wait, are they BALANCED? No? Then yes I will be mad EITHER WAY.... huge difference between you and I there. If they are equal, I am happy, if they are equal on your end, wait for it.... wait..... hmc..... no jump/jets.... no Boog chimes in.....

The crazy thing? The game still isn’t balanced lol, and you fail to see that. Sad, but utterly true.

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#30 » Thu May 24, 2018 10:56 pm

Yawn. Whatever floats your boat.

Return to “General Discussions”