New units

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Plagueis
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1387

Re: New units

Post#11 » Thu May 24, 2018 12:41 am

darthdoodie wrote:Highlighting a handful of MAXED rebels bases on 1 planet with a lot of defensive wins isn't representative of the game. In fact it basically reiterates the OP, that Rebs are limited to Tat or Hoth for conflicts.

I had my HQ9 Imp base on Tat this last conflict and finished in the top 100 with 40 defense wins. Every Imp that I could see scrolling the leaderboard of Tat has similar defensive stats.

I really do wonder about Decepticon, as he gets ~ 200 Ds every conflict. Imps of Hoth must recognise that base by now. Anyone on here attacked him?


Wouldn’t rebels also have an identical performance on Er’kit since the same equipment used on tat is used there as well? This would make it 2 planets that favor rebs (Desert), 2 that favor imps (forest) and 1 that seemingly both sides are equal on. Also, keep in mind that attacking dev bases isn’t the gravy train it used to be. When it comes to Decepticon, his defense is nasty (%*&@$@ tauntauns) and in past conflicts he’s had nowhere near the amount of defensive wins as this last conflict. That tells us that people used to skip him more often, probably in favor of easier dev bases. This doesn’t seem to be the case anymore and the only logical explanation is that dev bases aren’t the viable targets they used to be and for many, they might as well attack live rebel bases instead and take a shot at better loot while they’re at it. Again, the imp dev base conflict advantage isn’t anywhere near as impactful as it used to be.


DarthBratzzznew
Admiral
Posts: 772

Re: New units

Post#12 » Thu May 24, 2018 12:51 am

Plagueis wrote:I want to believe you guys but then I see players like Decepticon sitting on Hoth in second place with over 200 defensive wins. Keep in mind there are dev bases on Hoth as well, but even those are much stronger than in previous conflicts. It makes me wonder how many imps considered Decepticon from _nameless_ to be a more viable target than a dev base.


Agree with Plagueis; I was on Hoth for nearly the entire conflict and the choices were very limited; Either attack elite rank 2-31 rebel bases (Decepticon, Carnage, Trimix Cavediver, EKTA KiMe, etc) or broke max L10 dev bases.
I did a few attacks and was attacked by a few tough players, but it certainly wasn't easy going. I made it to about Obsidian 4%. Had some 30 attacking wins and 5 defensive wins over 6 days.

@OP: why oh why would this conflict be so much easier for imps than for rebels?
Proud Officer of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many experienced and motivated longtime high-level players; regular/against OP/NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken. Worldwide brotherhood of rebel scourges :twisted:


TNT
Admiral
Posts: 649

Re: New units

Post#13 » Thu May 24, 2018 1:04 am

Indeed.

Honestly, I don't think any rebel currently thinks that any planet favors the rebels. It's just that Hoth and Desert are slightly less favorable to Imperials.

Rebels stopped staying on Erkit with the advent of the GR (it's amazing how many of the games problems can be traced back to that point) as high level imps started parking there.

This is why rebels have been moving to Tatooine. But if all those Imp campers now move to Tat we'll probably see a movement back to Erkit.


All options rebels have available for defense on Hoth the Imperials (tauntauns/bumper carts) have as well and in some cases they are superior.(Rodians/CWMHC)


Plagueis and Darthbratzz remarks (as well as others in other threads) highlight to me how shitty the game is for both sides thanks to the Armory. There's a reason the Imperials favor Green. The ATACT is broken and without it they get closer to the Rebel experience on all planets.
Join the OuterRimRioters.
We have spare rooms. :) Also available in trial version. We have a 100% optional discord and war regularly.


DarthBratzzznew
Admiral
Posts: 772

Re: New units

Post#14 » Thu May 24, 2018 1:15 am

As to the title of this thread: "New units"...

regarding the Hauler:
at L1 it has 20 UC (2 tanks/maybe maybe not TX-skin affected???)
at L6 it is described to be able to transport an ATAT (UC 30)

To me this implies per level +1.66 UC... so at L5 it will spawn 2 tanks and 7-8 UC of other stuff? Like Vader's equipment??? that would make it really interesting imho...

regarding the droid: it could be fun but I think it will be useless as it has to roll to a turret under enemy fire

regarding the Tie/X-Wing skin: nice increase of damage, but for what? SC sniping in conjunction with 2 Tie Ads/A-wings? cooking time 1.52hours I believe... hardly useful in PvP therefore, not usable in wars. For other purposes like taking out defending units the VT49/HWK and Striker/Fang are more useful. Only for low level starship commands it might be good, but those will probably lack the Armory capacity to use that skin... Heroes', TX-, Trooper and jump skins are way more useful. I agree that the Tioe Fighter/X-wing are obsolete outside wars atm, but I'd rather have a few levels of regular development to get them to 85% more effectiveness than another equipment item.

Instead of enw equipment WE NEED LEVEL 11!
Proud Officer of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many experienced and motivated longtime high-level players; regular/against OP/NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken. Worldwide brotherhood of rebel scourges :twisted:


darthdoodie
Major General
Posts: 278

Re: New units

Post#15 » Thu May 24, 2018 1:33 am

Plagueis wrote:Wouldn’t rebels also have an identical performance on Er’kit since the same equipment used on tat is used there as well? This would make it 2 planets that favor rebs (Desert), 2 that favor imps (forest) and 1 that seemingly both sides are equal on. Also, keep in mind that attacking dev bases isn’t the gravy train it used to be. When it comes to Decepticon, his defense is nasty (%*&@$@ tauntauns) and in past conflicts he’s had nowhere near the amount of defensive wins as this last conflict. That tells us that people used to skip him more often, probably in favor of easier dev bases. This doesn’t seem to be the case anymore and the only logical explanation is that dev bases aren’t the viable targets they used to be and for many, they might as well attack live rebel bases instead and take a shot at better loot while they’re at it. Again, the imp dev base conflict advantage isn’t anywhere near as impactful as it used to be.


Rebs deserted Erk for Tat a few months back. I used to sit there and rack up Ds and hit live Rebs everyday, then over one weekend it all changed and I wouldn't get attacked for 24 hrs and only see Reb dev bases. Desert doesn't favour either side as far as I have experienced.

Decepticon has been getting over 150 Ds for at least the last 3 months that I can remember checking the leaderboards frequently. Not sure when you are referring to when he wasn't doing so well.


Plagueis
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1387

Re: New units

Post#16 » Thu May 24, 2018 1:43 am

darthdoodie wrote:
Plagueis wrote:Wouldn’t rebels also have an identical performance on Er’kit since the same equipment used on tat is used there as well? This would make it 2 planets that favor rebs (Desert), 2 that favor imps (forest) and 1 that seemingly both sides are equal on. Also, keep in mind that attacking dev bases isn’t the gravy train it used to be. When it comes to Decepticon, his defense is nasty (%*&@$@ tauntauns) and in past conflicts he’s had nowhere near the amount of defensive wins as this last conflict. That tells us that people used to skip him more often, probably in favor of easier dev bases. This doesn’t seem to be the case anymore and the only logical explanation is that dev bases aren’t the viable targets they used to be and for many, they might as well attack live rebel bases instead and take a shot at better loot while they’re at it. Again, the imp dev base conflict advantage isn’t anywhere near as impactful as it used to be.


Decepticon has been getting over 150 Ds for at least the last 3 months that I can remember checking the leaderboards frequently. Not sure when you are referring to when he wasn't doing so well.


Never said D wasn’t doing so well. Just noticed him being over 200 wins in this conflict. I have to doubt that many players are just “testing” his base. It’s probably more reasonable to think that many imps are seeing his base and are thinking “yeah, I might as well go for the CB” vs. using a full loadout and maybe even some air (talking average players here) to take down a lvl 10 dev base. There’s a big difference between clubbing lvl 7 and below baby seal dev bases and the new lvl 10 dev offerings.


Shelendil
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1079

Re: New units

Post#17 » Thu May 24, 2018 4:50 am

DarthBratzzznew wrote:
Plagueis wrote:I want to believe you guys but then I see players like Decepticon sitting on Hoth in second place with over 200 defensive wins. Keep in mind there are dev bases on Hoth as well, but even those are much stronger than in previous conflicts. It makes me wonder how many imps considered Decepticon from _nameless_ to be a more viable target than a dev base.


Agree with Plagueis; I was on Hoth for nearly the entire conflict and the choices were very limited; Either attack elite rank 2-31 rebel bases (Decepticon, Carnage, Trimix Cavediver, EKTA KiMe, etc) or broke max L10 dev bases.
I did a few attacks and was attacked by a few tough players, but it certainly wasn't easy going. I made it to about Obsidian 4%. Had some 30 attacking wins and 5 defensive wins over 6 days.

@OP: why oh why would this conflict be so much easier for imps than for rebels?


Well, imagine if your choices were attack elite bases or attack elite bases?
Marauders-Delta


bob1084
Commodore
Posts: 175

Re: New units

Post#18 » Thu May 24, 2018 6:03 am

Plagueis wrote:
darthdoodie wrote:Highlighting a handful of MAXED rebels bases on 1 planet with a lot of defensive wins isn't representative of the game. In fact it basically reiterates the OP, that Rebs are limited to Tat or Hoth for conflicts.

I had my HQ9 Imp base on Tat this last conflict and finished in the top 100 with 40 defense wins. Every Imp that I could see scrolling the leaderboard of Tat has similar defensive stats.

I really do wonder about Decepticon, as he gets ~ 200 Ds every conflict. Imps of Hoth must recognise that base by now. Anyone on here attacked him?


Wouldn’t rebels also have an identical performance on Er’kit since the same equipment used on tat is used there as well? This would make it 2 planets that favor rebs (Desert), 2 that favor imps (forest) and 1 that seemingly both sides are equal on. Also, keep in mind that attacking dev bases isn’t the gravy train it used to be. When it comes to Decepticon, his defense is nasty (%*&@$@ tauntauns) and in past conflicts he’s had nowhere near the amount of defensive wins as this last conflict. That tells us that people used to skip him more often, probably in favor of easier dev bases. This doesn’t seem to be the case anymore and the only logical explanation is that dev bases aren’t the viable targets they used to be and for many, they might as well attack live rebel bases instead and take a shot at better loot while they’re at it. Again, the imp dev base conflict advantage isn’t anywhere near as impactful as it used to be.


Giggle..... 2 planets that favor rebs lmao!!!!! Sand? Where? What possibly led you to the conclusion that rebs are favored there? In game data? Not a chance.

Only 2 green planets, interesting, I thought there were 3.

Hoth balanaced.... again you prove you don’t care about anything other than having a comment to take back to the imp circlejirk to show off.

Truly embarrassed


Plagueis
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1387

Re: New units

Post#19 » Thu May 24, 2018 10:33 am

bob1084 wrote:
Plagueis wrote:
darthdoodie wrote:Highlighting a handful of MAXED rebels bases on 1 planet with a lot of defensive wins isn't representative of the game. In fact it basically reiterates the OP, that Rebs are limited to Tat or Hoth for conflicts.

I had my HQ9 Imp base on Tat this last conflict and finished in the top 100 with 40 defense wins. Every Imp that I could see scrolling the leaderboard of Tat has similar defensive stats.

I really do wonder about Decepticon, as he gets ~ 200 Ds every conflict. Imps of Hoth must recognise that base by now. Anyone on here attacked him?


Wouldn’t rebels also have an identical performance on Er’kit since the same equipment used on tat is used there as well? This would make it 2 planets that favor rebs (Desert), 2 that favor imps (forest) and 1 that seemingly both sides are equal on. Also, keep in mind that attacking dev bases isn’t the gravy train it used to be. When it comes to Decepticon, his defense is nasty (%*&@$@ tauntauns) and in past conflicts he’s had nowhere near the amount of defensive wins as this last conflict. That tells us that people used to skip him more often, probably in favor of easier dev bases. This doesn’t seem to be the case anymore and the only logical explanation is that dev bases aren’t the viable targets they used to be and for many, they might as well attack live rebel bases instead and take a shot at better loot while they’re at it. Again, the imp dev base conflict advantage isn’t anywhere near as impactful as it used to be.


Giggle..... 2 planets that favor rebs lmao!!!!! Sand? Where? What possibly led you to the conclusion that rebs are favored there? In game data? Not a chance.

Only 2 green planets, interesting, I thought there were 3.

Hoth balanaced.... again you prove you don’t care about anything other than having a comment to take back to the imp circlejirk to show off.

Truly embarrassed


My bad on forgetting that third forest planet. It happens sometimes when I type things out late at night.

The reason why desert planets favor rebels is due to the heroes that imps have to use on them to have any real success: Vader or kessen. Not the best options when relying on our jumps and not expecting to have to spam t-5s to keep them up. It’s obviously tougher for imps on desert worlds because if it wasn’t rebels wouldn’t camp out there and rack up defenive wins. That evidence also shows itself in conflicts with the top being filled with mainly with rebels. At least on forest worlds, imps can get at-act to go generalist and be effective vs. turrets and on Hoth we have cold mhcs.

Hoth is absolutely balanced. There’s a reason why Decepticon consistently earns over 150 defensive wins per conflict there and we see a decent mix of both rebels and imps on the leaderboard. I finished in the top 100.


bob1084
Commodore
Posts: 175

Re: New units

Post#20 » Thu May 24, 2018 10:43 am

Plagueis wrote:
bob1084 wrote:
Plagueis wrote:
Wouldn’t rebels also have an identical performance on Er’kit since the same equipment used on tat is used there as well? This would make it 2 planets that favor rebs (Desert), 2 that favor imps (forest) and 1 that seemingly both sides are equal on. Also, keep in mind that attacking dev bases isn’t the gravy train it used to be. When it comes to Decepticon, his defense is nasty (%*&@$@ tauntauns) and in past conflicts he’s had nowhere near the amount of defensive wins as this last conflict. That tells us that people used to skip him more often, probably in favor of easier dev bases. This doesn’t seem to be the case anymore and the only logical explanation is that dev bases aren’t the viable targets they used to be and for many, they might as well attack live rebel bases instead and take a shot at better loot while they’re at it. Again, the imp dev base conflict advantage isn’t anywhere near as impactful as it used to be.


Giggle..... 2 planets that favor rebs lmao!!!!! Sand? Where? What possibly led you to the conclusion that rebs are favored there? In game data? Not a chance.

Only 2 green planets, interesting, I thought there were 3.

Hoth balanaced.... again you prove you don’t care about anything other than having a comment to take back to the imp circlejirk to show off.

Truly embarrassed


My bad on forgetting that third forest planet. It happens sometimes when I type things out late at night.

The reason why desert planets favor rebels is due to the heroes that imps have to use on them to have any real success: Vader or kessen. Not the best options when relying on our jumps and not expecting to have to spam t-5s to keep them up. It’s obviously tougher for imps on desert worlds because if it wasn’t rebels wouldn’t camp out there and rack up defenive wins. That evidence also shows itself in conflicts with the top being filled with mainly with rebels. At least on forest worlds, imps can get at-act to go generalist and be effective vs. turrets and on Hoth we have cold mhcs.

Hoth is absolutely balanced. There’s a reason why Decepticon consistently earns over 150 defensive wins per conflict there and we see a decent mix of both rebels and imps on the leaderboard. I finished in the top 100.


Meth

Absolutely a meth user, seek help


Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], CommonCrawl [Bot], DotNetDotCom.org [Bot] and 41 guests