NOTICE: Server Maintenance Planned

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Schruaf
Commodore

Re: NOTICE: Server Maintenance Planned

Post#61 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:15 pm

Spock wrote:Beginning after 12 PM PST on Wednesday 10/24, Commander will be unavailable for a a short time while we update the game.

We will also be performing system updates to improve game performance starting at 10 PM PST on 10/25 until 5AM PST on 10/26. There may be intermittent issues while playing the game during this time.

Thank you for your patience.

I can't find anything about that in the developer notes. (German game version)

Thx for the info
Last edited by DeathStriker on Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Added Quote for Clarity

DeathStriker

Post#62 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:24 pm

Schruaf wrote:I can't find anything about that in the developer notes. (German game version)

Thx for the info

Schruaf - Advanced Notice... Not published in-game yet... expect it to appear early next Week.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#63 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:25 pm

Hope they keep doing improvements in the game, because game is lagging a lot now on Gameroom for my HQ Imperial, especially during HDs when the screen gets full of troops and things moving around, and game seems to be in slow motion...
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

PartylikeVader
Captain

Post#64 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:47 pm

mkenobi wrote:[...] screen gets full of troops and things moving around, and game seems to be in slow motion...

Related to “slow motion” experiences: I’ve timed some attacks recently. For me
(iPhone 8, iOS 12.0.1) on average the displayed 2 minute attack countdown in-game actually takes 3 minutes to reach zero. This is significantly higher than previous offensive time discrepancies in earlier SWC history.

Edit:
• Added exact iOS for clarity.
• Fixed typo “show motion” to “slow motion”.
Rath Severus
Leader of PartylikeVader

ChiptheFish
Major General

Post#65 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:58 pm

Spock wrote:Beginning after 12 PM PST on Wednesday 10/24, Commander will be unavailable for a a short time while we update the game.

We will also be performing system updates to improve game performance starting at 10 PM PST on 10/25 until 5AM PST on 10/26. There may be intermittent issues while playing the game during this time.

Is this a quote or do you work with the devs Spock? ;)
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ Prestige, Medals: 26K, Battle Rank: 13 (Android)
ObiTwo: Officer in this Level 43 Squad - Join us!
Casual but active L4-11 player's welcome. 2-3 wars a week. Any time-zone. English only

Spock
Admiral

Post#66 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:31 am

ChiptheFish wrote:

Is this a quote or do you work with the devs Spock? ;)

:lol:

Leader of the imperial_enclave. Flagship of the enclave brotherhood of squads.
Always looking for active lvl10 commanders. Line app required.

Tamarack
Commodore

Post#67 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:11 am

I just hope they fix the android chat issue. It's been months since I've been able to chat on my tablet with the squad. :/ Hard to remove people, fill requests, and well lead the squad when I'm always hunting for my phone and glasses to do the work.
Leader of Dark-Plague
We are recruiting! Send me a message to get in!
Support me in the 2018 Extra-Life Marathon #FTK #extralife @extralife4kids

Gharris92
Commander

Post#68 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:15 pm

Dev Notes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Commanderharris
1st_ORDER2
(Officer)

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#69 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:27 pm

PartylikeVader wrote:
mkenobi wrote:[...] screen gets full of troops and things moving around, and game seems to be in slow motion...

(iPhone 8, iOS 12.0.1) on average the displayed 2 minute attack countdown in-game actually takes 3 minutes to reach zero. This is significantly higher than previous offensive time discrepancies in earlier SWC history.

Edit:

Myself and squad mates have also noticed this. Not too bad on my iphone7, but on my Samsung Galaxy A5 a 2 minute battle or heroics takes about 3 or more minutes, makes me sweat during war attacks just waiting to see if a time out error happens. On the iphone7 'my phone battery seems to be discharging much quicker when playing SWC than previously. Both these issues have only seemed to become a problem in the last month or so, i'm wondering if they changed the system specifications/hardware requirements or something.
Main account: Bacon (level 11)
Second account: nEggs (level 9)
Squad - NewSithEmpire
LINE ID: sgu97cab

rawrebel
Commodore

Post#70 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:48 pm

sgu97cab wrote:
PartylikeVader wrote:

Edit:

Myself and squad mates have also noticed this. Not too bad on my iphone7, but on my Samsung Galaxy A5 a 2 minute battle or heroics takes about 3 or more minutes, makes me sweat during war attacks just waiting to see if a time out error happens. On the iphone7 'my phone battery seems to be discharging much quicker when playing SWC than previously. Both these issues have only seemed to become a problem in the last month or so, i'm wondering if they changed the system specifications/hardware requirements or something.

i thought was only an Android problem related to poor programing or optimizations ,but seing is also an iOS issue makes me belive that game have expanded too much now requirering higher hardware specifications ,but maybe there are only the high end devices capable of returning a good frame rate to make game run enough fluid.
On a pc with i7 core and 8gb of ram /2 gb graphic card the frame rate s regular in FB gameroom,hd still takes the right time but this is a mobile device game
This is absurd if they want to adress a product to a vaste majority of clients....

Return to “General Discussions”