NOTICE: Server Maintenance Planned

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
CoolGuy
Admiral

Re: NOTICE: Server Maintenance Planned

Post#121 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:12 pm

10.10am Tuesday 11 December Australian Eastern Standard Time - I'm out for maintenance. I agree with a previous comment, let's just drop everybody's medal count to zero and start from scratch - it's only fair.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#122 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:14 pm

strawman3125 wrote:I just got to play the game on an iOS device and it is so much faster than on my Android devices! (Inc. Samsung S8+) Almost no lag when moving between screens, barracks are usable almost immediately when the screen comes up etc.on iOS AND there seems to be more graphics and special affects than on Android. I guess they placed all of their dev time into iOS.

Depends on the device. I recently got a 6th gen iPad and it runs smoothly. My iPad Air is pretty laggy with the production buildings and a little during pvp. The Amazon fire that I had to ditch was slightly worse than the iPad Air.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

TerribleTwo
Officer

Post#123 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:15 pm

mkenobi wrote:I stopped playing SWC at really since Prestige was released and do only the upgrades with my both Prestige bases, and I also stopped playing with my low level bases (imp 6 and Rebel 8) because I haven't anything else to upgrade and these bases were created only to play events -- and we don't have events for about 3 months -- there are no reasons to keep playing the game but only to win defenses now.

And game is lagging too much. It's curious that every time they say they are going to make improvements in the game performance I see no improvements at all after the maintenance/update, just more bugs and stupid things like losing medals. I just did a HD with one of my Prestige, it looked like a replay in slow motion that took +3min to run and I checked my CPU status while running Gameroom and it reached +90%.

SWC is becoming impossible to play if you have a low memory device -- I won't buy a new phone only to play SWC. I now play the game only on NOX/Gameroom in my PC. I run a PC with 12 GB RAM plus extra 1 GB from the offboard VGA, and it keeps lagging and freezing.

Instead of adding more fire, lasers, smoke, lights details/animations to the game, they should really improvement the performance into a lighter version that can run in most devices, or soon we will have a game for mobile that you can't play on any mobile due to high system requirements.

All due respect but you have a lot to say for a person who doesn't play anymore. And it is usually very negative. It is supposed to be fun and if it no longer is fun, why continue? By all means speak your mind but is there anything anyone finds positive about the game anymore?

I do not comment in forum but i do read for DS/Spock updates and such, so i may inform my own squad. I am not defending any of the stupid things Disney does or does not do, but there is rarely anything positive anymore in this forum. The fact that there are still updates and such shows there is still light in the tunnel. I too 'survived' Windows (unfortunately didn't know about the crystal comp.... :( ) and choose to come back via FB Gameroom/Android for the fun the game offers.

In any case, I hope i do not offend. I also hope that all can find a balance where the frustrations of the game equal the 'fun' it can provide.

See you all around. MTFBWY
Leader of theImperialPirates

iamatccitian
Commander

Post#124 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:54 pm

Rumour has it that Zynga is going to roll out a monthly subscription plan next month, add 'real-time' background animation and the ability to scout in all directions from the base sector thereby exploring the entire planet . . . thus explaining this second larger server update . . .

just kidding (maybe) . . .

luke50

Post#125 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:03 pm

TerribleTwo,

You do make a good point. There's a lot of negativity, and hopefully more people chime in with positive feedback too. I for one, still enjoy the game. It's what you make of it. If you want the fun of the game as it was originally intended, there's no reason why you can't build a mini base and max level it at level 6, 7, or 8. My favorite is level 8. You get the fun of having all the key heroes and troops, and you don't necessarily need to get caught up too much in the armory. It's there if you need it, but hardly back breaking if most of your armory is at level 1. You also have enough bases to attack that do not have the armory activated and you can turn off your armory if desired.

I have not had any issue with the war matchups, knowing it is what it is, and there are workarounds.

LS

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#126 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:19 pm

TerribleTwo wrote:
mkenobi wrote:I stopped playing SWC at really since Prestige was released and do only the upgrades with my both Prestige bases, and I also stopped playing with my low level bases (imp 6 and Rebel 8) because I haven't anything else to upgrade and these bases were created only to play events -- and we don't have events for about 3 months -- there are no reasons to keep playing the game but only to win defenses now.

All due respect but you have a lot to say for a person who doesn't play anymore. And it is usually very negative. It is supposed to be fun and if it no longer is fun, why continue? By all means speak your mind but is there anything anyone finds positive about the game anymore?

As you quote me, I said I don't play the game but still do upgrades for my Prestige bases. Because the game is a long upgrade and now they added a new level to make game even a longer upgrade, and I'm playing the game the way I used to play when in the pre-Armory age, only doing upgrades because I gave up of the last conflicts due to useless rewards, but I am waiting for any Event to come.

The reasons why I keep playing are: 1) I love Star Wars, and SWC is the best SW game I played so far; 2) I've been playing for 4 years but I could give up at any moment but I don't want because; 3) I still have 1/3 of my Windows crystal compensation what means 145k crystals, and I don't want to burn them rushing Prestige upgrades; 4) I want to see what will come when Zynga takes control and I believe it can't be worse that we have now; and 5) after play in different servers, in both factions and being in dozens of squads I cultivated friendships that probably I will lose if I totally quit now.

Then I keep checking the game daily as leader of 2 squads to donate, invest my points, do HDs, remove inactive and help new players. I have 5 SWC accounts now. I tried several other games, i didn't like any. We play games because they are fun, and SWC is not much of that funny now, but while many are moving on, others like me keep waiting for better days.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

DeathStriker

Post#127 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:29 pm

UPDATE: Servers Still Down

As of a check just moments ago, Servers are still down going on 3.5 hours now...

:arrow: Still continuing to periodically check...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Tamarack
Commodore

Post#128 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:40 pm

iamatccitian wrote:Rumour has it that Zynga is going to roll out a monthly subscription plan next month, add 'real-time' background animation and the ability to scout in all directions from the base sector thereby exploring the entire planet . . . thus explaining this second larger server update . . .

just kidding (maybe) . . .

I'll say it again for any Zynga/Disney rep hanging around ghosting us. I will not pay a monthly subscription to play. ;) Period. I'll go back to my PS4 or that new Star Trek Mobile game and await the next EA Star Wars galaxy game that was in testing this summer on Android. ;)
Free Agent with no squad

Support me in the 2018 Extra-Life Marathon #FTK #extralife @extralife4kids

DeathStriker

Post#129 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:54 pm

UPDATE: Game Is Back UP

As of a check just moments ago, Server Maintenance has been completed.

:arrow: My Medals are still there!!

Game Is Back Up! :D

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#130 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:58 pm

Back in.

Return to “General Discussions”