HD layout for Infantry?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
User avatar
PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral
Posts: 565

Re: HD layout for Infantry?

Post#11 » Mon May 14, 2018 7:00 pm

One thing to add to what's been said: I've found that the veteran AT-ST hero that spawns in wave 2 with it's two dozen or so (exaggeration) repair droids is the real problem for my base, which is pretty much the same as Shelendil's. I know you want a no air, no SC, no heroes solution, but I don't know one. That said, I find that if I take out the vAT-ST with two Fangs as soon as it spawns, I almost always get below 30% on infantry HD with no other deployments (assuming GR is on and traps are all loaded).
Image
Chasin' after my fortune & glory
148,300 medals. Max 10 Base. Free to play (use air and SC only in emergencies). Not bragging: these stats tell you what I am seeing at my level. Your mileage will vary.


Shelendil
Admiral
Posts: 689

Re: HD layout for Infantry?

Post#12 » Mon May 14, 2018 8:12 pm

PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:One thing to add to what's been said: I've found that the veteran AT-ST hero that spawns in wave 2 with it's two dozen or so (exaggeration) repair droids is the real problem for my base, which is pretty much the same as Shelendil's. I know you want a no air, no SC, no heroes solution, but I don't know one. That said, I find that if I take out the vAT-ST with two Fangs as soon as it spawns, I almost always get below 30% on infantry HD with no other deployments (assuming GR is on and traps are all loaded).


I think I copied the layout from you. :)

I don't deploy anything, and I very rarely get a durasteel crate, maybe once a week.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)


User avatar
Poob
Lieutenant
Posts: 12

Re: HD layout for Infantry?

Post#13 » Tue May 15, 2018 7:40 am

I followed Shelendil layout with only Guard reserve troops level 4, but walls level 10 GR, and I get under 30% now with infantry. No air, no SC, no traps 9p% of the time. Occasionally an air strike


User avatar
erfs
Commodore
Posts: 101

Re: HD layout for Infantry?

Post#14 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:02 am

DarthBratzzznew wrote:@Marsh; of course infantry HD with buffed snipers is super easy for imps, under any circumstances. As you doubtlessly know, we have the devs in our pocket, they give us everything we want, pronto! ;-)


To be honest, ever since I have been using the sniper + Rodian GR combo on my main Imperial base, I usually always get the bronzium crate (level 7 and now L8) during the daily defense, regardless if it's with vehicles or infantry.

I do use heroes and air, but it has also worked without one of the two.


DarthBratzzznew
Admiral
Posts: 538

Re: HD layout for Infantry?

Post#15 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:22 am

erfs wrote:
DarthBratzzznew wrote:@Marsh; of course infantry HD with buffed snipers is super easy for imps, under any circumstances. As you doubtlessly know, we have the devs in our pocket, they give us everything we want, pronto! ;-)


To be honest, ever since I have been using the sniper + Rodian GR combo on my main Imperial base, I usually always get the bronzium crate (level 7 and now L8) during the daily defense, regardless if it's with vehicles or infantry.

I do use heroes and air, but it has also worked without one of the two.


@erfs; I was being sarcastic. I know that at L7-8 HD with GR snipers is super easy, even without Rodian buffs. My 2nd base is L8 (no rodian unlocked) with L4/5 GR Snipers/dews and a few turret buffs and hardly needs heroes to defned for bronzium crate. Only reason I use those is to get rid of excess coins and for practicing the timing if Vader twirls and Kessen snipes.

My first posting refers to doing HD at L10. There HD's are of a different order. Many have built a base focused on HDs and thus lose many PvP defences (not all, mind you) in the north corner, with a double shiny wall and behind that 16-20 turrets. Designed like the pics Shelendil posted in this thread. Mine is all-purpose so I DO need heroes on most occasions. I do not mind, coins are no longer relevant to me, nor is alloy. I do max a few HDs per day as they bore the hell out of me, I no longer tour all 6 planets with the 0-stars relocation perks.
At L10 about 540 UC of L10 stuff is thrown at your base, most notoriously among those the L10 Twileks and Pigs which upon dying cause extensive damage. You want to eliminate those before they get near your base to blow themselves up.
GR snipers are useful, but no sole counter against those suicidal units as these can take a lot of damage and thus get too close before exploding. Combined with Rodian equipment GR snipers are rather effective, but this comes at a price as you must switch off other equipment.

In short I am REALLY fed up with the endless whining about Imp OP-ed GR snipers and vice versa about the Rebel OP-ed jets... :roll:
Proud Officer of Squad_Tedford <Perks L50>, relaxed though very powerful ksod top-100 squad, great war record, sharp donations and longtime players, L9 and up. Worldwide English speaking squad, PM me if interested 8-)


User avatar
Spirit
Commodore
Posts: 123

Re: HD layout for Infantry?

Post#16 » Wed May 16, 2018 3:42 am

I have found this an intetesting thread. As mentioned before, it must be over 18 months since I did an HD and never thought about the tactics etc. This thread has inspired me to have a base redesign and start doing some HDs again.
Player name Ghost. A level 10 Imperial hitman. Feel the force.

Member of PinkFloyd ( The squad not the band!) Level 44 perks


User avatar
erfs
Commodore
Posts: 101

Re: HD layout for Infantry?

Post#17 » Wed May 16, 2018 3:46 am

Agree about the whining - I use buffed jets / jumps for both my IMP and Rebel bases, mixed with a few other units (unfortunately don't have the IMP counterpart to the Ithorian yet). Do not see an issue with IMP jump troops as I don't have a feeling they work less well than the rebel counterpart.

I would still love to have the sniper GR for my Rebel bases though, but maybe that's the trade-off in the game - IMP jumps are less good than Rebel jets (*if* that is the case - I really don't have the feeling they are) but on the other hand the rebels do not have a good GR unit to defend against them (buffed rebel soldier GR plus the right turrets and base layout help)

-> When I attack a rebel base with my jumps, I never worry about flashing barracks as whatever comes out of them is not a really a problem can use tie strikers if needed.


User avatar
erfs
Commodore
Posts: 101

Re: HD layout for Infantry?

Post#18 » Wed May 16, 2018 3:50 am

DarthBratzzznew wrote:, I no longer tour all 6 planets with the 0-stars relocation perks.

I have to ask - 0 stars relocation perks - which one would this be ? Or do you just combine the -6 and -4 star perks ? Never thought of this.


Zach
Captain
Posts: 92

Re: HD layout for Infantry?

Post#19 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:06 am

erfs wrote:
DarthBratzzznew wrote:, I no longer tour all 6 planets with the 0-stars relocation perks.

I have to ask - 0 stars relocation perks - which one would this be ? Or do you just combine the -6 and -4 star perks ? Never thought of this.

If ur squad is lv50 on perks the three relocation perks are 7-3-3 stars.


User avatar
DeathStriker
Moderator
Posts: 3852

Re: HD layout for Infantry?

Post#20 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:48 am

Zach wrote:
erfs wrote:
DarthBratzzznew wrote:, I no longer tour all 6 planets with the 0-stars relocation perks.

I have to ask - 0 stars relocation perks - which one would this be ? Or do you just combine the -6 and -4 star perks ? Never thought of this.

If ur squad is lv50 on perks the three relocation perks are 7-3-3 stars.

erfs - The Relocation Perks are:

  1. Hidden Trade Route
  2. Military Logistics
  3. Orbital Reckoning
RELOCATION PERK UNLOCKS:

  • You get Relocation Perks starting at Squad Level (Perks) of 36 with Hidden Trade Route.
  • You next get Military Logistics at Squad Level (Perks) of 37.
  • You next get Orbital Reckoning at Squad Level (Perks) of 38.
0-RELOCATION PERK MILESTONES:

  • At Squad Level (Perks) of 41 you get what is called 3-Perk 0-Relocation as you will need to use all 3 Relocation Perks.
  • At Squad Level (Perks) of 49 you get what is called 2-Perk 0-Relocation as you will only need to use Orbital Reckoning along with either Hidden Trade Route - or - Military Logistics.
Hope you understand better...
 
Image
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!


Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Harshit, mkenobi, rsev1003, shazahm1, Spock, TSQL and 28 guests