Is the game dying?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Orion1957
Squadron Leader

Is the game dying?

Post#1 » Fri May 11, 2018 3:20 pm

I have noticed that Imperial faction players are getting a " Can not find opponent " and it also happened to me on Dandoran and it was happening on Hoth. Apparently they switched off the dev bases. I wrote a ticket asking them why this was happening and to please fix the issue and their reply was "Thanks for reaching out to us! We do not support the use of Emulators so we will be unable to assist you at this time. It is recommended you play Star Wars Commander on Facebook Game room. " Their are dwindling numbers of players on Star Wars Commander, that is why it is so hard to recruit. Unless SWC fixes issues like these, more players are going to quit. What are your thoughts?
Feel the Power of the Dark Side.

Pal
Squadron Leader

Re: Is the game dying?

Post#2 » Sat May 12, 2018 2:20 am

majority of Rebs find it difficult to compete on all but one planet.. and then only when the matching eases with 2 events running concurrently.
Sniper skins destroyed the balance in the force.
FulginKnights - looking for Rebels to War and improve tactics.. and most of all have fun.

StrikerRebel
Captain

Post#3 » Sat May 12, 2018 3:46 am

the answer is very easy, the imbalance of the game.
Now Imps have buffed GR mobilecanons and drewbacks and snipers on Hoth, not much player will win against them. Hoth is the place to be for Imps, not for Rebs.
On green planets Imps will roll over every base with EliteATAT, only suicide Rebs will stay there offline.
Erkit and Tato are the only places where rebs can stay a bit.
But hey, see the imbalance in game more and more rebs quit that game....
The solution ?
Give rebs GR sharps/hails instead of useless vanguards/skiff and give Imps the same jump power as we have for jets.
Why ?
Because every player, doesnt matter if imp or reb, attack with similar loadouts, so give all the same chances in defense and offense, so attack strategy and baselayout will be important again....

FelixKostobi
Captain

Post#4 » Sat May 12, 2018 5:43 am

My level 8 mini bases still can find opps they can attack with good chances of winning 3 stars and sometimes even win on defs (unless hit by 10s).
But for my main lvl10 base it is only a matter of finding mini bases to play for events or just throw as few troops as possible in looting raids - exchanging medals for resources.
Giving to everyone unbeatable GRs won't make the game balanced, will just make it more unplayable.
Nerfing the snipers GR and removing the medic was at least a right move, now they aren't at least that powerful. But yet, if i need a full load and air support that will take 15 mins - 2 h to be built there is absolutely no reason to compete in conflicts even if I want to in case the prize is worth.
On the other hand, a powerful base with BIG GRs all it needs to do is sitting there and collecting conflict pts from failed attacks (and do not tell me that no one attacks them, I do on some of them when I can exchange happily medals and pts for resources).
What probably will help it at least give more chances for new players (or new bases of old players as it seems to be the actual fact, more bases but less new human players) to get elite units and compete in wars as it is the only thing that can keep an online game going, thru the interaction and relationship of the members in a squad.
HQ10 Rebel only, 70k medals and counting, founder of Rebel4Ever

If you want to play squad wars seriously, feel free to join us!

http://ksod.us/squad/0c200967-cf87-11e7-a9d4-0a580a2c1020/history

LINE ID : fcostov

Boom
Captain

Post#5 » Sat May 12, 2018 5:34 pm

Lol...is it dying? No, it already died and the tailspin began months ago

Jaykoz3
Commodore

Post#6 » Sat May 12, 2018 5:48 pm

StrikerRebel wrote:the answer is very easy, the imbalance of the game.
Now Imps have buffed GR mobilecanons and drewbacks and snipers on Hoth, not much player will win against them. Hoth is the place to be for Imps, not for Rebs.
On green planets Imps will roll over every base with EliteATAT, only suicide Rebs will stay there offline.
Erkit and Tato are the only places where rebs can stay a bit.
But hey, see the imbalance in game more and more rebs quit that game....
The solution ?
Give rebs GR sharps/hails instead of useless vanguards/skiff and give Imps the same jump power as we have for jets.
Why ?
Because every player, doesnt matter if imp or reb, attack with similar loadouts, so give all the same chances in defense and offense, so attack strategy and baselayout will be important again....

First off, Hoth is just as good for rebs as it is for imps. Those tautauns are a real bitch to deal with. Please stop with the Mobile Heavy Cannon Skinned GR garbage too. Those things spawn once or twice in an attack, and are slow moving, and slow firing. In other words, they are cannon fodder. A SC packed with Chilly Hails combined with Tauntaun Skinned GR will stop an imp attack stone cold btw.

The GR Snipers aren't what is killing your attacks, btw. Even with the skins, they are low level. It's everything else that is taking your troops out. Mainly the L10 troops in the SC. The main function of the GR troops is to slow your attacker down long enough for the turrets, traps and SC troops to work.

My L10 base is nearly maxed out. I still get 3 stared on attacks. Usually from a Jet swarm of 20+ and 6 med ships. That's the most common. Although what usually takes it down, are different more varied load outs. Mainly because my defense are tailored to deal with the Jet swarms.

This is a strategy game. If your attack strategy isn't working, try something new.

The answer is not to make each faction identical. The answer is to differentiate them even more. So each has to develop more and better strategies. It's ironic how rebel players bemoan the "Imp Troop Advantage" and then they never use their sullustans or X-Wing Pilots....

I find and attack a lot of rebel bases on all planets that are very challenging. Many times I barely get a star, or come away with a loss.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#7 » Sat May 12, 2018 8:21 pm

During the next Hoth conflict, just look at the leaderboard. There will be plenty rebs with 100+ defensive wins. There's one reb, jan, who is not in a squad and who has been picking up 20+ defensive wins per day during Hoth conflicts. I assume that's mainly due to tauntauns and a sonic farm. Not sure what else he runs, but when I skip that base I usually just see blinking barracks. He's definitely running an empty SC.

StrikerRebel
Captain

Post#8 » Sun May 13, 2018 12:12 am

funny imps...

Pal
Squadron Leader

Post#9 » Sun May 13, 2018 2:54 am

funny imps
FulginKnights - looking for Rebels to War and improve tactics.. and most of all have fun.

Return to “General Discussions”