How can we help the devs make money?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Re: How can we help the devs make money?

Post#31 » Tue May 15, 2018 12:56 am

Most have been mentioned I am sure but the following come to mind regarding wars:
** allow squads to bank crystals and purchase them shiny buggers jointly, allowing for the following interesting variations on squad wars:

* squad wars for smaller or bigger teams (5-10-20-25-30 players) (admission fee 5 crystals per extra or less player => cost for a 30-30 war would be 15*5= 75 crystals/5-5 war would cost 50 crystals)
* enable to switch off the outposts (cost 50 crystals)
* enable to choose outposts after negotiating with the opposing squad -making life more difficult by e.g. inserting just the defensive outposts Hoth and ErKit (cost 25 crystals per team per outpost)
* enable to use MORE than 3 outposts,up to all 6 (cost 25 per extra planet)
* enable to CHOOSE OPPONENT regardless of side (250 crystals per war)

I know, the joint collection and banking would require more from squad discipline and mutual trust; on the other hand, we all collect around 10-15 crystals per day (at least moderately active players doing say 3 objectives per day and 2 HDs). If 50% of those are banked centrally in a vault usable by the Leader/Officers for the war purposes above (not for speeding up their own development of course) the system could work like the rep points system. Also it would inspire greater loyalty to an individual squad. This may not go down well with the squad families maybe, but it would reduce the number of one-day-flies/ squad hoppers I think.
Proud to be a member of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many longtime high-level players, (semi-)active or retired, OP or NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken.

SithVicious
Commander

Post#32 » Tue May 15, 2018 7:04 am

@ DartBratzznew: great suggestion! I would sign that right away ... hopefully / maybe some developers read this
Proud member of SITh - home of fun, glory, cider & banter .... #DARKSIDE

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#33 » Tue May 15, 2018 2:22 pm

God, there is so much stupid in this thread. Don't even have time to point out the good.

I REALLY like from the original post the idea of hoarding Contra for a crystal amount. Contra is the toughest thing to get in the game and the cost for it compared to crystals is ridiculous. This is because they originally planned on Dekas stopping at 30. Now that they don't the cost and what goes with it is stupid.

That aside. A second cantina and a second research center are never going to happen and truthfully do not make sense. Those crystal costs are spent by ALOT of people. Often. Those are going to stay the way they are.

Where I do think they could make a boatload is in charging some crystals to save base designs and in opening up a frag "swap shop" that would be somewhat unfair, but could at least give you the option to go after what you want.

They could also make some squad stuff cost crystals and be more fun. Allow team colors for a price. Allow a unique flag/logo for a price. People like stuff like that making their experience unique. Little things that people are willing to pay for.

Who knows what all this costs. But, with the revenues dropping as fast as they are, they need to come up with something ... or we do ... because they will cut bait if it dips much lower.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

Boom
Captain

Post#34 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:54 pm

My enthusiasm for the premise of this thread is even lower than Midge. Why on God's green earth you would want to reward the imbeciles of Disney for wrecking this platform that had great potential is beyond me. Seriously, who of sound body and mind would devote more cash to this game? Not me and judging by the latest numbers it is understandably not getting any better

I am somewhat impressed by the suggestions in this thread but irrational exuberance comes to mind. Sorry for being real/honest.

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#35 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:13 pm

Midge wrote:I REALLY like from the original post the idea of hoarding Contra for a crystal amount. Contra is the toughest thing to get in the game and the cost for it compared to crystals is ridiculous. This is because they originally planned on Dekas stopping at 30. Now that they don't the cost and what goes with it is stupid.

Is that really much different from buying the 24-hour protection and finish gaining contra the next day?
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

ChiptheFish
Major General

Post#36 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:58 pm

Shelendil wrote:
Midge wrote:I REALLY like from the original post the idea of hoarding Contra for a crystal amount. Contra is the toughest thing to get in the game and the cost for it compared to crystals is ridiculous. This is because they originally planned on Dekas stopping at 30. Now that they don't the cost and what goes with it is stupid.

Is that really much different from buying the 24-hour protection and finish gaining contra the next day?

Lol...yes, now that your mention it, it's a shield. But the price should be lower, IMO
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ Prestige, Medals: 26K, Battle Rank: 13 (Android)
ObiTwo: Officer in this Level 43 Squad - Join us!
Casual but active L4-11 player's welcome. 2-3 wars a week. Any time-zone. English only

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#37 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:07 am

Shelendil wrote:

Well yes ... because you could do it over a week or so.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

spootieho
Commodore

Post#38 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:37 am

If the do it, it will work like this:
Spend 100 crystals on protection so you can earn 50 crystals.

Also, it means less bases that people can attack, which means more CNFO or dev bases.
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders

YourFather
Major General

Post#39 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:59 am

Crystal purchases generates a new currency for the purchaser's squad. This currency can be used to upgrade perks (in conjunction with current reputation points), change the squad's name (you know you want it), purchase a new color for the squad (affects only squad center troops) or some other new perks and squad abilities. The currency canonly be spent by the squad leader.

Purchasing crystals will start feeling like another way to support one's squad. We have all heard a million times over most people are; "only here to support their squad anyway."

Noahjedi77
Commodore

Post#40 » Thu May 17, 2018 11:05 am

Plagueis wrote:100 crystals for 12 hours of “special” defensive armory buffs to help players guard their CB while chasing a deka upgrade and still being able to sleep/live.

Potential Options:

#1 Contraband safehouse cannot be looted unless the attacker earns a 3 star victory

#2 Increase turret heat sink damage by 50%

#3 Reduce guard reserve spawning times by 8 seconds

#4 Squad center capacity is doubled. That number is reduced to the first 40 UC of troops in your squad center when used on offense. The remaining 40 UC cannot be used in a following attack and the used 40 UC must be replenished for the squad center to be used again on offense.

#5 Your base can only have its contraband looted by players at least four HQ levels below yours.

#6 Your contraband safehouse “swaps” its appearance with another building in your base of equal size. (love this one).

#7 Your cantina has unlimited unit capacity. (I would begin training 600k CB worth of twileks). When this equipment expires, your contraband is refunded to the contraband safehouse and your cantinas unit capacity returns to normal.
i dont have game with me to check, but doesnt 100 crystals by 24 or 12 hour protection time?
-my opinion

Member of:ElvenRebels
HQ:10
Faction:Rebel
#BringBackTheGreatCrateChase
:)

Return to “General Discussions”