How can we help the devs make money?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Pirate
Major General

Re: How can we help the devs make money?

Post#21 » Fri May 11, 2018 5:59 am

Plagueis wrote:100 crystals for 12 hours of “special” defensive armory buffs to help players guard their CB while chasing a deka upgrade and still being able to sleep/live.

Potential Options:

#1 Contraband safehouse cannot be looted unless the attacker earns a 3 star victory

I like this idea. If the crystal cost was less than actual protection, this would be a great option. Safehouse could be glowing so attackers know it's all or nothing.

After the status: 0 disaster last night, I'd also pay a ton of crystals for a "premium" version of the game that doesn't shut down when you are 1 attack away from a deka upgrade yet still allows you to be attacked while locked out and defenseless.

I'm also on board with the no-armory planet. I'd throw some crystals at that.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor

Boog
Admiral

Post#22 » Fri May 11, 2018 6:20 am

They should just offer up cb safehouse bracing and SC bracing. 500 xtals to unlock each at level 1, then you get more frags in carbonite and durasteel crates. It is so dumb that the bracing is for the tradeports, and sc bracing would be far more valuable than HQ heading.

Ghost666
Major General

Post#23 » Fri May 11, 2018 7:48 am

Spirit wrote:Lol, you guys have been duped. It is free.

I started it for nothing and play for nothing, totally free. If you want to give your money away, then please free to do so. No wonder Mickey has that big grin. :lol:

Again...it is not. Free means free for all...and it will exist even if nobody pays...which is NOT the case. If the dupes stop paying we all stop playing...

THAT SAID...i never spent a cent...and will never spend on this game...but i respect those that did...in fact, "they" are paying for you and me to play for FREE.
"All Walls Must Die" - Imperial Sniper Corps Unofficial Motto

Spirit
Commodore

Post#24 » Fri May 11, 2018 2:19 pm

Ghost666 wrote:
Spirit wrote:Lol, you guys have been duped. It is free.

I started it for nothing and play for nothing, totally free. If you want to give your money away, then please free to do so. No wonder Mickey has that big grin. :lol:

Again...it is not. Free means free for all...and it will exist even if nobody pays...which is NOT the case. If the dupes stop paying we all stop playing...

THAT SAID...i never spent a cent...and will never spend on this game...but i respect those that did...in fact, "they" are paying for you and me to play for FREE.

As long as you go to sleep at night in the knowledge that others are paying for you to play Ghost666, then all is fine with you. I cannot knock you for that. :lol:
Player name Ghost. A level 10 Imperial hitman. Feel the force.

Member of PinkFloyd ( The squad not the band!) Level 44 perks

ChiptheFish
Commodore

Post#25 » Sat May 12, 2018 6:42 am

The game definitely serves it's purpose as an ad itself, but maybe not enough to pay for the servers, devs, and support forget...not sure.

A few quick ideas:
1. Target micro transaction, in the $1 to $5 range. Impulse spending on things we really want is more likely to see transactions (many of the daily deals I've seen are just not worth it)
2. Lower the cost of crystal purchases. The crystals don't buy enough for the amount you have to use per real-world $$
3. Insert more advertisements. I personally like the extra daily crates that I can get from ads.
4. Add purely cosmetic purchases to the game at low prices, like color themed units, custom squad logos, base decorations and monuments, etc.

Also, I agree that they'd make more money if the game was more strategic with many ways to beat a base, like it was before the armory. Anti-Kessen base defense or Clustered turret base offense loadouts for example...now the only defense is Anti-jets and the only offense is bait the GR and then roll them with Jets. Gets a little boring honestly.
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ10, Medals: 25K, Battle Rank: 13 (Android)
Kenobi's_Command: A Level 50 Squad (MAX PERKS!) - Join us!
Casual but active L4-10 player's welcome. 3 wars a week. Any time-zone. English only

ObiTwo
Commodore

Post#26 » Mon May 14, 2018 3:26 pm

How about a new squad perk that lets you pay a few crystals to swap a frag. So if you are only 1 or 2 frags away from unlocking a key unit, or upgrading your main buffs, you can swap another for which you have excess frags. Could be you can only swap elite for elite, advanced for advanced etc.
http://www.YouTube.com/ObiTwo (tips, strategies and layouts for rebels)

spootieho
Commodore

Post#27 » Mon May 14, 2018 3:43 pm

One other thing is retention. There are little things that this game does that probably hurts retention. Lack of retention is missed income.

They could probably tackle some of the following for retention, and if they do it right, they can generate income with their solutions.

Unit build times at higher levels
Match making
Resource Center Waits
Improve Sales Promotions
Leveling speed
Frequency of bugs

geoman48
Major General

Post#28 » Mon May 14, 2018 6:59 pm

bob1084 wrote:I would pay 100,000 crystals right now to be able to have a no buff planet. No kessen, no ithos no imp meds no elite atte no togs etc. take the game back 2 and a half years and I would play non stop and have fun again

probably the best idea yet! Probably have 95% of the people on that planet within a few days :mrgreen:

EDIT 1:

Plagueis wrote:#1 Contraband safehouse cannot be looted unless the attacker earns a 3 star victory

awesome ideas... this one is so realistically good! In a Star Wars movie... the last man would guard the hardest to obtain contraband :mrgreen:

EDIT 2:

Many great ideas all... so far my favorite is a buff-less planet... maybe 1000 crystals to unlock it... and devs if you're reading this... to prevent EVERY player from going there... make the buff-less planet "auto" relocate players to Er'Kit or Takodana or wherever after 12 hours of inactivity on the buff-less planet so only the active players get to stay on the buff-less planet (aka non-armory planet).

EDIT 3:

Example - maybe a defense loss on the non-armory planet "re-activates" the armory and auto-relocates the losing player to an armory planet such as tat, takodana, dandy, er'kit, hoth, etc.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Tue May 15, 2018 6:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Combined Back-to-Back Posts - Added "Edit"

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#29 » Mon May 14, 2018 11:29 pm

ObiTwo wrote:I'd pay for a crystal generator, something that pops out 5 to 10 crystals a day, or something like that. :)

Cool idea
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Solo.

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#30 » Mon May 14, 2018 11:46 pm

Give the scout tower a secondary “coin-op” function of attracting kessen’s shot and leaving no indication that the tower is in “attract” mode. 100 crystals for 24 hours of seriously jacking up kessen shot attempts. I’ll bite on that.

Return to “General Discussions”