How can we help the devs make money?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
geoman48
Major General

How can we help the devs make money?

Post#1 » Wed May 09, 2018 8:06 pm

I know, I know, many of y'all think the devs are the enemy... but without them, we don't have a game. And if you're like me, you have a LOT of time invested in this game. And maybe a little money. Personally I've spent $12 over the years mostly for a 5th building bot, but also to start a new account and get the 4th building bot on that account. I almost spent another $4.99 for Star Wars Day to buy 700 crystals, but there was a problem with the transaction so it cancelled and I'm still at $12 instead of $17.

So, if you want this game to survive, then please place your top 3 money making ideas for the devs in this thread. Duplicated answers are not only OK, but encouraged. If 10 people agreed on the same thing in this thread, then MAYBE we'll be heard since the purpose is to make the developers money first off. Secondarily to improve the game, etc.

Here's my top 3:
1. 2nd cantina - instead of credits to purchase it at L1, Crystals (maybe 5000) to purchase 2nd cantina
2. 3rd droideka - a hybrid of the 2 existing droidekas - fires a weapon like the sentinel, range of the oppressor
3. Option to store contraband in HQ for crystals... maybe something like 1 crystal for every 100 (or 1000) contra stored

Let those ideas flow... this is meant to be a positive thread to make the game more fun (i'd pay $10 for a 2nd cantina) and help our devs. Look at it this way, if we make the devs job EASY to make money, maybe we won't get stuck with wacky cr@p like the armory which drives players away from the game in mass.

ObiTwo
Major General

Re: How can we help the devs make money?

Post#2 » Wed May 09, 2018 8:56 pm

I'd pay for a crystal generator, something that pops out 5 to 10 crystals a day, or something like that. :)
http://www.YouTube.com/ObiTwo (tips, strategies and layouts for rebels)

Spirit
Commodore

Post#3 » Thu May 10, 2018 1:59 am

Sorry but I would not pay for anything. This is a free game. Not sure whether Disney do make money from this game or not, it is all about company profile.
Player name Ghost. A level 10 Imperial hitman. Feel the force.

Member of TeaBagAJedi join us

Reps needed please.....

Ghost666
Major General

Post#4 » Thu May 10, 2018 2:14 am

Spirit wrote:Sorry but I would not pay for anything. This is a free game. Not sure whether Disney do make money from this game or not, it is all about company profile.

No it isnt...it is a freemium game...but it ONLY SURVIVES because it is PAID.

The business model is based on providing the game for FREE...BUT selling OPTIONAL content for REAL MONEY. And the game will only be around as long as REAL MONEY is being fed into the game...
In this type of games, paid content has one of three advantages for paying customers:
- Makes your game look better
- Makes you progress faster
- Improves your chances of winning

As such...in the current game state i think the BEST possible source of income is providing a NOT EXPENSIVE but VIABLE way for players to get the units THEY WANT. Devs seem to be making an effort to make sure the really sought units are NOT possible to get, or appear at rare occasions...
A shop option to purchase specific shards MIGHT be popular...particularly for those that are "almost" finishing a research...
"All Walls Must Die" - Imperial Sniper Corps Unofficial Motto

diamonddave

Post#5 » Thu May 10, 2018 2:45 am

I would also pay for an additional cantina

I would also pay for some form of sniper hunting chopper for Rebels. The imperials could get something that hunts the fearsome Vanguards.

Harshit
Commodore

Post#6 » Thu May 10, 2018 4:38 am

Ghost666 wrote:
Spirit wrote:Sorry but I would not pay for anything. This is a free game. Not sure whether Disney do make money from this game or not, it is all about company profile.

The business model is based on providing the game for FREE...BUT selling OPTIONAL content for REAL MONEY. And the game will only be around as long as REAL MONEY is being fed into the game...
In this type of games, paid content has one of three advantages for paying customers:

As such...in the current game state i think the BEST possible source of income is providing a NOT EXPENSIVE but VIABLE way for players to get the units THEY WANT. Devs seem to be making an effort to make sure the really sought units are NOT possible to get, or appear at rare occasions...
A shop option to purchase specific shards MIGHT be popular...particularly for those that are "almost" finishing a research...

+10000
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

Spirit
Commodore

Post#7 » Thu May 10, 2018 6:34 am

Harshit wrote:
Ghost666 wrote:

+10000

Lol, you guys have been duped. It is free.

I started it for nothing and play for nothing, totally free. If you want to give your money away, then please free to do so. No wonder Mickey has that big grin. :lol:

Reps needed please.....

Harshit
Commodore

Post#8 » Thu May 10, 2018 7:29 am

Guys,
Star Wars is just a franchise. SWC is just a game about Star Wars, like many other SW games SWC is also one of them. Other SW games are launched and provide revenue to Disney as long as they provide enough profit to them. Once the revenue is gone, the games are also gone.

SWC is also in this same category, it will also get closed when the devs think they don't get enough $$$. Apart from that, If SWC of made enough profit for longer, it will be supported as long as Star Wars franchise is supported, it will get closed even if we spend our $$$$$.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

Spirit
Commodore

Post#9 » Thu May 10, 2018 7:47 am

+1000000

Reps needed please.....

ZephyrExpress
Squadron Leader

Post#10 » Thu May 10, 2018 7:53 am

If no one pays, then no one plays. It's that simple.

I would pay for a second research lab right now! Just show me where to sign up! A second cantina sounds interesting too, given the long cook time for Togs.
Level 9 Rebel Player
Leader of the Squad "Kenobi's_Padawan"

Return to “General Discussions”