NEW UNIT: Rebel Stolen AT-DT Walker / Empire AT-DT Walker - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Gharris92
Commander

Re: NEW UNIT: Rebel Stolen AT-DT Walker / Empire AT-DT Walker - Discussion Topic

Post#21 » Sun May 13, 2018 4:42 am

Question... is this the only unit we are getting from the new movie?

mkenobi
Admiral

Re: NEW UNIT: Rebel Stolen AT-DT Walker / Empire AT-DT Walker - Discussion Topic

Post#22 » Sun May 13, 2018 5:07 am

DeathStriker wrote:
FelixKostobi wrote:I wish good luck to all who are going to chase this unit, but after 4 weeks of extremely hard grinding for togs i see next 2 weeks as a chance to take a break.

There are a lot of Players doing the same for the Solo Movie Event - so much so that it may have the effect of making it easier to get into and stay in UCL.

I too am not grinding for the New Unit and also taking a "break" catching up on all the Upgraded Armory Equipment as the result of the recent Questionable Cargo (Rogue One Event #3) Event.

I promised myself that after the Rogue One Event I would take a break of at least 2 months of conflicts or events, it doesn't matter how powerfull some new unit can be... I played the Naval Event, the Jet/Jump frag orgy and the Rogue One 4 Week Marathon Event like a psycho with multiple accounts and both factions... It's enough.

Games should be funny and help you to spend your free time, not making you a slave or as a secondary job. Good luck to all that will grind on multiple planets 24/7 to try UCL and get this unit to some useful level. I'm going to watch movies that I didn't watch in the last 4 months, hear new songs and know about new bands, play with my pets and maybe make new friends out there. In the real world.
Leader of AndroidsDream Squad on Windows. Empire Level 10, 45k medals, Rank 16.
Level 9 Imperial on Vacation!
Level 9/8 Rebel (in "Jedi'Masterz"/"Ewok_revenge" squads, join us!)

carlos413
Commodore

Post#23 » Sun May 13, 2018 7:51 am

After 4 weeks of grinding Rogue one event I'm taking some time off

EDIT:

In my opinion this unit is not useful for me at least. There's nothing to see here move along
Last edited by DeathStriker on Sun May 13, 2018 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Combined Back-to-Back Posts - Added "Edit"
Sypress Officer HQ Lvl 10, 44k medals.
Yodas Padawans is recruiting Open to all
Line ID sypress2

rawrebel
Commodore

Post#24 » Sun May 13, 2018 11:19 am

mkenobi wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:
FelixKostobi wrote:I wish good luck to all who are going to chase this unit, but after 4 weeks of extremely hard grinding for togs i see next 2 weeks as a chance to take a break.

There are a lot of Players doing the same for the Solo Movie Event - so much so that it may have the effect of making it easier to get into and stay in UCL.

I too am not grinding for the New Unit and also taking a "break" catching up on all the Upgraded Armory Equipment as the result of the recent Questionable Cargo (Rogue One Event #3) Event.

I promised myself that after the Rogue One Event I would take a break of at least 2 months of conflicts or events, it doesn't matter how powerfull some new unit can be... I played the Naval Event, the Jet/Jump frag orgy and the Rogue One 4 Week Marathon Event like a psycho with multiple accounts and both factions... It's enough.

Games should be funny and help you to spend your free time, not making you a slave or as a secondary job. Good luck to all that will grind on multiple planets 24/7 to try UCL and get this unit to some useful level. I'm going to watch movies that I didn't watch in the last 4 months, hear new songs and know about new bands, play with my pets and maybe make new friends out there. In the real world.

+10000
Could not sayed better!
Finaly went to bed earlyer then 1 am!

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#25 » Mon May 14, 2018 3:16 am

mkenobi wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:

Sir you read my mind... mine went: Naval event / jumps frags / then I played all the EP events on two devices... I also somehow managed to get my dekka up two levels to level 49 (a cool 1.5M contra?????!!!!!)

I'm now just trying to play for 'fun' on Tat... tough games, but good fun and test you... as soon as I saw the new unit was a frag upgrade I didn't even look at the conflicts... Unlocking a unit at level 1 that can only be upgraded via 9 UC finishes... basically smacks of poor game management...

Besides......... every rebel I see just uses 17 jumps??? Why even bother unlocking a unit you'll never use??? It's a shame because this could have been the nuts say 2 years ago before they completely changed the game...

Ah well... onward and sideways.
Richaldo. Leader of SITh
139000 Medals... Maxed out madman ...

ChiptheFish
Commodore

Post#26 » Mon May 14, 2018 6:23 am

Richaldo wrote:
mkenobi wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:There are a lot of Players doing the same for the Solo Movie Event - so much so that it may have the effect of making it easier to get into and stay in UCL.

Besides......... every rebel I see just uses 17 jumps??? Why even bother unlocking a unit you'll never use??? It's a shame because this could have been the nuts say 2 years ago before they completely changed the game...

Exactly. With the Jet solution, what's the point of unlocking new units? Wars? Those are so mismatched they're often not even fun anymore.
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ10, Medals: 25K, Battle Rank: 13 (Android)
Kenobi's_Command: A Level 50 Squad (MAX PERKS!) - Join us!
Casual but active L4-10 player's welcome. 3 wars a week. Any time-zone. English only

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#27 » Mon May 14, 2018 7:20 am

ChiptheFish wrote:
Richaldo wrote:
mkenobi wrote:I promised myself that after the Rogue One Event I would take a break of at least 2 months of conflicts or events, it doesn't matter how powerfull some new unit can be... I played the Naval Event, the Jet/Jump frag orgy and the Rogue One 4 Week Marathon Event like a psycho with multiple accounts and both factions... It's enough.

Exactly. With the Jet solution, what's the point of unlocking new units? Wars? Those are so mismatched they're often not even fun anymore.

So true mate... real shame... watching some of the replays back I must question whether they are fun to play, because they certainly aren't fun to watch... I can't see a way back now? Introducing new units is an option, but if they are via a 10 stage frag unlocking system... .it just won't work. I'm just waiting for a jump hero then it is GAME OVER...

Sad. I often think back as to what the game would be like if they'd of introduced a level 11 rather than the armoury... but money talks............
Richaldo. Leader of SITh
139000 Medals... Maxed out madman ...

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#28 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:50 am

If the new walkers were a good enough counter to flyers then sure, I can see grinding for them. But they aren’t so either I’ll unlock them now just for the novelty or eventually. Whatever.

spootieho
Commodore

Post#29 » Mon May 14, 2018 10:07 am

My goal is simply to unlock them.

Spirit
Commodore

Post#30 » Mon May 14, 2018 11:26 am

The thing is, there is no real need to go "hell for leather" to get every frag possible. Many players, myself included are casual players. I dont log in every day, most days but not every. I dont do PvP attacks every day. I have only had a serious go at one event, but generally just see how it goes and get to about stage 7 with the samples.
I have not done HD for about 18 months.
I have about a years worth of upgrades, including skins, waiting to research so dont want more.
I am more than happy with the units I have and just cannot understand those players with 100+ unopened crates. Why? What are you missing? What are you after?
For the record, I have 1 Vader frag, zero astromedic frags, Togs lev10, Tie advanced lev10 etc, but not from grinding.
Anyway, I play when I can and put any new frags into the backlog, for another day.
Happy hunting.
Player name Ghost. A level 10 Imperial hitman. Feel the force.

Member of PinkFloyd ( The squad not the band!) Level 44 perks

Return to “General Discussions”