NEW UNIT: Rebel Stolen AT-DT Walker / Empire AT-DT Walker - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Zach
Commodore

Re: NEW UNIT: Rebel Stolen AT-DT Walker / Empire AT-DT Walker - Discussion Topic

Post#11 » Thu May 03, 2018 4:46 am

I used lv9 sample and it did ok against GR and laats. Also the splash effect cleared some traps

Alpha
Major General

Re: NEW UNIT: Rebel Stolen AT-DT Walker / Empire AT-DT Walker - Discussion Topic

Post#12 » Thu May 03, 2018 5:20 am

OK, so it sounds like an over rated MHC or HAIL as in the UC it requires, in other words as long as you are level 7 and up no need to unlock

DeathStriker

Post#13 » Fri May 11, 2018 9:37 am

NOTICE: WW2 Inspiration For AT-DT Walker - Maybe...

While web-surfing I stumbled upon the comparison between the WW2 Flak 36/37 88mm German Heavy Anti-Aircraft Gun - AND - the "look" of the New AT-DT Walker Units (especially the look of the Shield, and the Shield "Peep Hole", and the Gun).

When viewed side-by-side - IT DOES - look like the AT-DT Walker got some "design inspiration" from the Flak 36/37 88mm German Heavy Anti-Aircraft Gun, but this may be mearly "coincidence" :roll:

COMPARE THESE IMAGES:

Rebel Stolen AT-DT Walker #1
(Click here to view LARGER image)

Rebel Stolen AT-DT Walker #2
(Click here to view LARGER image)

WW2 Flak 36/37 88mm German Heavy Anti-Aircraft Gun - Model
(Click here to view LARGER image - ORIGINAL SOURCE Here)

QUESTION: Does this mean that the AT-DT Walker can be considered a "Anti-Air Infantry" Weapon?

Post any comments below...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

AdmiralPiett
Commodore

Post#14 » Fri May 11, 2018 10:09 am

DeathStriker wrote:NOTICE: WW2 Inspiration For AT-DT Walker - Maybe...

While web-surfing I stumbled upon the comparison between the WW2 Flak 36/37 88mm German Heavy Anti-Aircraft Gun - AND - the "look" of the New AT-DT Walker Units (especially the look of the Shield, and the Shield "Peep Hole", and the Gun).

When viewed side-by-side - IT DOES - look like the AT-DT Walker got some "design inspiration" from the Flak 36/37 88mm German Heavy Anti-Aircraft Gun, but this may be mearly "coincidence" :roll:

{images removed - view them here}

QUESTION: Does this mean that the AT-DT Walker can be considered a "Anti-Air Infantry" Weapon?

Post any comments below...

Hey Forum Members, and DeathStriker!

I think this 'misconception' might actually be true.

We all know that people have been complimenting as WELL as complaining about the overpowered and extreme usage of jumps/jets. Maybe Disney too got the message, and they knew that if they would nerf the jumps/jets buffs, there would be chaos all over.

So they decided to take care of it by adding this new AT-DT, AKA, Anti Air Defense Vehicle.

And yeah, whatever I said was my own opinion, trying to support DeathStiker in his coincidence. It may be true or false, but this is what came to my mind when DeathStriker mentioned about Anti-Air.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Fri May 11, 2018 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated Thread Post - Reduced Quote for Brevity.
ADMIRAL PIETT - HQ10 MAXED - 40K MEDALS

Leader Of TheAlphaSquadron

Join us now by completing this recruitment form:- https://goo.gl/forms/DpXMdyzhzWWTmuhb2

DISCORD - #9666
LINE - zeryabprime

FelixKostobi
Captain

Post#15 » Fri May 11, 2018 1:56 pm

Ok. Let's say for a moment that this new unit is THE BEST and most anticipated unit since the begining of this game.

Let's agree to that and take as a fact that it is worth the 16 capacity it takes.

Let's also agree that all tests using the unit's samples had great results.

Now that we are convinced for the value of this new unit, let's see how we can get it.
2 weeks, 7 conflicts (4:3).

That means that one should play day and night for 2 weeks (did I mention that mini bases are over?) to get into the top 2% of every available conflict and collect a total of 224 frags (32x7).
And IF he makes it (beyond my greatest respect) what he will have earned is that great new unit at level 5, far below than the tested lvl9/10 samples (yes, lvl5, it is not 32 frags/level!).

I wish good luck to all who are going to chase this unit, but after 4 weeks of extremely hard grinding for togs i see next 2 weeks as a chance to take a break.
HQ10 Rebel only, 58k medals and counting, founder of Rebel4Ever

If you want to play squad wars seriously, feel free to join us!

http://ksod.us/squad/0c200967-cf87-11e7-a9d4-0a580a2c1020/history

LINE ID : fcostov

DeathStriker

Post#16 » Fri May 11, 2018 2:02 pm

FelixKostobi wrote:I wish good luck to all who are going to chase this unit, but after 4 weeks of extremely hard grinding for togs i see next 2 weeks as a chance to take a break.

There are a lot of Players doing the same for the Solo Movie Event - so much so that it may have the effect of making it easier to get into and stay in UCL.

I too am not grinding for the New Unit and also taking a "break" catching up on all the Upgraded Armory Equipment as the result of the recent Questionable Cargo (Rogue One Event #3) Event.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Spirit
Commodore

Post#17 » Fri May 11, 2018 2:15 pm

I tested some of the new units, lev 10 Imp units against a variety of reb bases.
The splash damage seemed minimal to me though. I would say that it reminds me of an improved at-dp. ie, much faster and attacks closest target (the dp tends to wander off at slow speed, trying to target GR or dekas and rarely gets a shot in). I found it useful supporting my EAt-At.
So is it worth the 16 unit capacity? Hard to say at this point.
Not going to go for frags so will save the rest of my samples, for now.
nb. Sorry I dont have any kind of video capture facility.
Player name Ghost. A level 10 Imperial hitman. Feel the force.

Member of TeaBagAJedi join us

Reps needed please.....

DesertPyramid
Major General

Post#18 » Fri May 11, 2018 10:53 pm

Anyone notice that Bronzium I reward is less than Bronzium II (at least on Tat)? I didn’t check the others. It looks like it was meant to be a x2 reward, but is showing as a x1 reward in the table, making it get the same frags as Bz II, but less credits. Could just be a glitch in the reward table. The others show the x2 where you’d expect.
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10 Perks: L36
Medals: ~41k Deka/o: 25/17 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#19 » Sat May 12, 2018 12:35 am

The real question is: what’s the better SC units against jets/jumps, two of these new walkers or 5 rodians/sullustans? I can see getting at-dt for the novelty and maybe having a rad vehicle to use with the tat buff in wars but I’m not sure if it’s worth the effort if it’s mainly used against buffed turrets on offense or as a defensive SC stuffer when there are probably better options already available. As for a jet/jump counter, I was really hoping for special air-bursting mortar equipment to make it a relevant turret option again. That would have been awesome. But no, we have to get space horses and crap like that to represent the latest and....I’m not going to say it...Star Wars movie. I can’t wait till we get a Salacious B Crumb movie and some pointless but cool looking unit to rabidly chase. Ahhh hahahahahahahaha!!!!

Schruaf
Commodore

Post#20 » Sat May 12, 2018 4:18 am

DesertPyramid wrote:Anyone notice that Bronzium I reward is less than Bronzium II (at least on Tat)? I didn’t check the others. It looks like it was meant to be a x2 reward, but is showing as a x1 reward in the table, making it get the same frags as Bz II, but less credits. Could just be a glitch in the reward table. The others show the x2 where you’d expect.

You are right the x2 is missing on all planets for Bronzium I.
Hopefully only a graphic issue.

Return to “General Discussions”