Horror PVP Matchmaking

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
TNT
Major General

Re: Horror PVP Matchmaking

Post#31 » Wed May 09, 2018 1:04 am

ObiTwo wrote:Pull everyone back to 3 planets, a green, a desert and a snow so that we can still use all the buffs we unlocked, but the player pool is massively increased across all three planets. Run one event on those planets at a time, so players jump from one to the next en mass. Move the planetary command to level 4, so low levels can jump to all three planets by level 5, increasing population of bases across all three planets and opening up the match making for all levels on all planets. Remove dev bases.

ZephyrExpress wrote:If there are not enough active players from both factions on all planets, which seems to be the consensus around here, then ObiTwo's suggestion should be implemented. Or, take the complete opposite approach, and the developers need to put dev bases on all planets at all levels for both sides. And then set it up so no one can attack any base, real or dev, that is more than 1 or 2 HQ levels lower than their own.

The current system is clearly broken. Having rebels mostly exiled on Tatooine and Imperials mostly on the green planets is not working. Clubbing seals for easy EP is not fair if only one side is being presented with baby seal bases to club. And if the baby seal bases are actual real player bases, its not fair to those players, and will only drive them away at a time when the game needs to attract new players.

I don't disagree about removing planets. It will alleviate the problem slightly, but this will not solve anything. You're trying to treat the symptoms, try and treat the disease instead.
At what point did the green planets become Imperial strongholds?
At what point did Erkit lose it's Rebel stronghold status?
Hoth was always an imperial stronghold and despite that I think Rebels could take it, it's not happening.
Join the Rebel3Squad.
Actually we joined up with the OuterRimRioters. Join us and reminiscine about the good old days when the game was playable.

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#32 » Wed May 09, 2018 5:07 am

TNT wrote:I don't disagree about removing planets. It will alleviate the problem slightly, but this will not solve anything. You're trying to treat the symptoms, try and treat the disease instead.
At what point did the green planets become Imperial strongholds?
At what point did Erkit lose it's Rebel stronghold status?
Hoth was always an imperial stronghold and despite that I think Rebels could take it, it's not happening.

When GR entered the game. Some bases are simply not worth the time to attack, or if you do attack them, you must wait for air to rebuild before attacking again. More big bases spend more time in the matchmaking pool as a result, reinforcing the issue. So what happened is that defense became more powerful in a game that rewards grinding base after base with no downtime. As long as there is an option for anyone to attack down or attack dev bases, that is what is necessary to keep up, and it will keep happening. Attacking down is the only reason that complaints about defenses have died down.

Option one: reduce defenses (heck, I don't even have GR snipers and I have an 80% win rate on defenses; if I had them, it would be crazy)
Option two: remove the option to attack down and beef up dev bases until they are equivalent to player bases (this would also necessitate adjustments to EP requirements)

As satisfying as winning defense is, it conflicts directly with the reward structure of the game that is set up to squeeze the player base into buying crystals.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#33 » Wed May 09, 2018 9:37 am

Shelendil wrote:When GR entered the game. Some bases are simply not worth the time to attack, or if you do attack them, you must wait for air to rebuild before attacking again. More big bases spend more time in the matchmaking pool as a result, reinforcing the issue. So what happened is that defense became more powerful in a game that rewards grinding base after base with no downtime. As long as there is an option for anyone to attack down or attack dev bases, that is what is necessary to keep up, and it will keep happening. Attacking down is the only reason that complaints about defenses have died down.

As satisfying as winning defense is, it conflicts directly with the reward structure of the game that is set up to squeeze the player base into buying crystals.

Bingo.

Although the guard reserve is by no means the sole problem responsible for this predicament, it is the worst lasting change the game has ever received.
Chasin' after my fortune & glory
~149,500 medals. Newborn Prestige Base. Free to play (use air and SC only in emergencies). Rank 30. Not bragging: these stats tell you what I am seeing at my level. Your mileage will vary.

GeneralBeers
Captain

Post#34 » Sun May 13, 2018 10:01 am

I think the game has just been around so long it has become unmanageable to balance matchmaking with huge gaps between long time players and newbies. Hence the dev bases, which were not needed in the early years of the game, were brought about and just created a new brand of confusion.

spootieho
Commodore

Post#35 » Sun May 13, 2018 2:05 pm

Now the problem is flipped. My new hq8 base can only find hq 10 bases. Buffs on. Droidekas loaded, but just 3000 credits and 3000 alloy. Seems quite low resources for bases with multiple defense droids. My guess is that they are the dev bases.
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#36 » Sun May 13, 2018 3:06 pm

spootieho wrote:Now the problem is flipped. My new hq8 base can only find hq 10 bases. Buffs on. Droidekas loaded, but just 3000 credits and 3000 alloy. Seems quite low resources for bases with multiple defense droids. My guess is that they are the dev bases.

Get used to it. After you attack each one a few dozen times, you'll never know exactly where the idt's are.

spootieho
Commodore

Post#37 » Sun May 13, 2018 8:34 pm

Tat is the problem base now. Getting offered tons of hq10 bases with basically no resources, but droidekas active. Jumping to the green planets is working out better now.
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#38 » Tue May 15, 2018 4:42 am

Definitely changed something with the matchmaking. I was attacked by six level 9s in a row last night.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

Return to “General Discussions”